Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
I believe the "rough aged" look is the desired architectural finish they are going for. In this application I really like to see the concrete exposed to the natural elements.

It looks like the material finishes are all selected to be as low maintenance as possible. Point of touch on the lockers and handrailing are stainless steel, lockers are plastic laminate which endure better than real wood veneer, carpet can be replaced easily, stackable benches/chairs are heavy plastic polymer, corner guards on the gyp board walls, and spaces are well ventilated to help reduce odor/mold. I'm a big fan of the commitment to facilities/architecture at Oregon.
I love the design of the place too, but I know that stuff is going to be a cleaning nightmare. Stainless steal isn't so stainless, glass is near impossible to keep clean, the carpet will likely be tore up by the end of the 3rd home game, the laminate will peel and be torn off.

I probably should have qualified my statement about the dirtiness of the campus in general. But, I could have just visited before cleaning day.