+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: KEEL RADIO POOL - LA TECH merger with LSU-S

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Re: KEEL RADIO POOL - LA TECH merger with LSU-S

Quote Originally Posted by The Pilot View Post
    It's funny that this poll is ONLY advertised on Tech's website and some small AM radio station's website. No mention of this poll has been put out to my fellow Pilots, and Tech still can't even get 70% of the votes. All we want is for Tech to LEAVE US ALONE! WE DON'T WANT TO BE PUT IN THE DOGHOUSE WITH YOU! I chose LSU-S over Tech. Respect us, back off, and we will do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    That's a lie. The poll is linked to your S.O.S. LSU Shreveport facebook group.

It doesn't matter what the students, faculty, and staff at LSUS or Tech think. All that matters is what is best for Northwest Louisiana.
    The LSUS student-founded group dedicated to fighting big, bad Tech from taking over.

Dawg06. You say I lie because a small, unofficial facebook page has a link to it? Come on man. Show me where it's mentioned on our Moodle, website, or newspaper. I don't even know how to respond to your second comment. To say it doesn't matter what the people that make the school operate think is ludicrous. No students means no school... if the school is even kept in existence if Tech takes over. Tech has NO set plan. You are right that someone in North Louisiana would be benefiting, unfortunately it won't be the people. The entire situation is just sad.
    You call your own student opposition to the merger small?

Dawg80:

After being called a whiner, told I lie, and told that my thoughts don't matter... I felt my comment was fair.

In all seriousness though, I completely agree with you on your thoughts to this point. There is a lot of misinformation being spread around and a lot of people (mostly students) announcing their loyalties without even researching the situation. I love LSU-S and it's frustrating that such a lackadaisical stunt is being pulled. I understand the possible benefits that the merger could bring to LSU-S, but there are even more negative factors that would affect our side then Tech's. There is the issues with tenure, quarter system conversion, program locations (including if the Shreveport campus will continue to be), costs (also the lawsuit between LSU against Tech over property that would be acquired from this merger), etc. to the point where someone's head spins just thinking about it. I'm not against bettering our State's educational structure, but I'm not sure if this would be accomplishing that. I do know this situation is not being handled in the best way possible by the organizations involved. Thank you for having comments derived from knowledge dawg80.
    You're being told you lied, because you did lie, or at the very least you were ignorant enough to shoot off your mouth without looking up facts. Oh and Tech never asked for this initially. Shreveport-Bossier City asked for the merger because they need a strong research university to bring in "smarter" jobs to the area. LSUS has had 40+ years to do that and has failed. There will be bumps along the way in this merger, but in the end it could be very profitable for all involved.

Also, can you provide a link where LSU A&M is suing Louisiana Tech over property potentially acquired from the merger?

Puppy The Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Pilot Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Read what I wrote before trying to tear it down... I called a (single) facebook group opposed to the merger small. It does not even consist of 1000 followers and is an individuals attempt speak out. No official LSU-S media outlet has shared the poll. The overall opposition to the merger at LSU-S is wide spread. The issue isn't as much to do with Tech as it is to do with the Louisiana Board of Regents. They are the people talking out of both sides of their mouth. I have no problems with Tech, and I enjoy the competitive relationship between the two schools. I can't help it if we don't have to live in a dog house out in the middle of nowhere... (See that's not hating, that's having fun with the rivalry). I'm not here to fight with anyone. I'm here to get a perspective on why Tech students are so supportive of a merger that most of them do not have any sound information on. The merger would screw with Pilots' lives, not the daily happenings of the Dogs.

P.S. to Allgood. I will try and find the link talking about the lawsuit for you. LSU-S has tried bringing in multiple new degree programs which were all approved by the LSU system. The Board of Regents (the same group that allegedly wants LSU-S to grow) turned down or held up almost every attempt. That's where the anger is directed.

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

What rivalry does Tech have with LSU-S? None I have ever heard.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Read what I wrote before trying to tear it down... I called a (single) facebook group opposed to the merger small. It does not even consist of 1000 followers and is an individuals attempt speak out. No official LSU-S media outlet has shared the poll. The overall opposition to the merger at LSU-S is wide spread. The issue isn't as much to do with Tech as it is to do with the Louisiana Board of Regents. They are the people talking out of both sides of their mouth. I have no problems with Tech, and I enjoy the competitive relationship between the two schools. I can't help it if we don't have to live in a dog house out in the middle of nowhere... (See that's not hating, that's having fun with the rivalry). I'm not here to fight with anyone. I'm here to get a perspective on why Tech students are so supportive of a merger that most of them do not have any sound information on. The merger would screw with Pilots' lives, not the daily happenings of the Dogs.

P.S. to Allgood. I will try and find the link talking about the lawsuit for you. LSU-S has tried bringing in multiple new degree programs which were all approved by the LSU system. The Board of Regents (the same group that allegedly wants LSU-S to grow) turned down or held up almost every attempt. That's where the anger is directed.
    Is it the LSU system potentially filling the suit or LSU A&M?

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Is it the LSU system potentially filling the suit or LSU A&M?
    Neither at first chance the LSU system now that Lombardi is gone, the will kick LSUxs to the curb. LSU A&M biggest cry has been money moved from them to support the LSUxs campuses. On the BOR stuff, It takes money to start these programs. The problems has been LSUS has not had the money to move forward with the programs.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Atobulldog: You say that "the ideas were debated and our leadership decided against the idea" for the Tech to LSU swap. That's cool. It must feel good to have a say in how your school operates. The biggest problem with the current merger is EXACTLY what you find "funny" though. Where is the "real" information? Where is the complete, detailed plan on how the merger would work? There is none! Tech talks a good game, but will not back it up with actually coming up with an official plan. Open your mind and think about it from the point of view of a Pilot. We love our school, our curriculum, our sports teams, and our community. We want to see that flourish without the scent of a wet dog lingering...
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9188&d=1334779914

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/attac...8&d=1335224490

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Pilot, do you think the LSU-System will turn LSUS into a research university that Shreveport-Bossier needs?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

The Board of Regents (the same group that allegedly wants LSU-S to grow) turned down or held up almost every attempt.
    This misinformation has been thoroughly refuted. With a little research you will find that every new program LSUS has proposed was approved by the BoR. They have never been denied anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pilot
    I will try and find the link talking about the lawsuit for you.
    A state agency suing another state agency, eh? With a little more research you will also quickly find that the state cannot sue itself.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    This misinformation has been thoroughly refuted. With a little research you will find that every new program LSUS has proposed was approved by the BoR. They have never been denied anything.

A state agency suing another state agency, eh? With a little more research you will also quickly find that the state cannot sue itself.
    "Pilot" is a GREAT example of how most LSUS merger opponents are ill informed and uneducated on the issues. Must be that Tier 3 education over there. Being taken over by a great Tier 1 university might do more good than Pilot realizes.

HD

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Didn't want to open a new thread on the football forum.

Related to thread

Just In: LA Tech at Shreveport/Bossier

Louisiana Tech launches new website to highlight Shreveport/Bossier City programs

Alpha test before finally revamping the actual latech.edu?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Alpha test before finally revamping the actual latech.edu?
    That's what I'm hoping! Big improvement with the rotating pics linked to news stories.

+ Reply to Thread