+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simoneaux's record through 530 games

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Simoneaux's record through 530 games

After today's second-consecutive home loss to powerhouse Dallas Baptist, Simoneaux's record at Tech is 247-282-1 (*530 games. I have a typo in the title). That is a .466 winning percentage. That is the bright spot considering his conference record in the same 9 1/2-year-span is 97-142 (.406). There has been no post-season appearances or titles of any kind. (Note: The record information is courtesy of wacsports.com. While his bio page on latechsports.com references his number of career wins, the career losses are absent).

Of course, we all know that blame really falls to Reneau, Oakes, BVDV, pitchers, batters, fielders, the Lady Techsters, travel, the WAC, the ice machine (or lack of), scorekeepers, the weather, negative alumni like me, GWB, etc... I guess, considering all of the challenges that Simoneaux has had to overcome, we should accept reality that he is actually a great coach and we should be grateful that he has managed to win 46% percent of his games.

Seriously, this guy makes Rupp and Bicknell look like good coaches. This is his 10th year and has yet to produce. It is time for a change if he does not make the NCAA Tournament.
    Last edited by Brad; 03-24-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Simoneaux's record through 531 games

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    After today's second-consecutive home loss to powerhouse Dallas Baptist, Simoneaux's record at Tech is 247-282-1 (*530 games. I have a typo in the title). That is a .466 winning percentage. That is the bright spot considering his conference record in the same 9 1/2-year-span is 97-142 (.406). There has been no post-season appearances or titles of any kind. (Note: The record information is courtesy of wacsports.com. While his bio page on latechsports.com references his number of career wins, the career losses are absent).

Of course, we all know that blame really falls to Reneau, Oakes, BVDV, pitchers, batters, fielders, the Lady Techsters, travel, the WAC, the ice machine (or lack of), scorekeepers, the weather, negative alumni like me, GWB, etc... I guess, considering all of the challenges that Simoneaux has had to overcome, we should accept reality that he is actually a great coach and we should be grateful that he has managed to win 46% percent of his games.

Seriously, this guy makes Rupp and Bicknell look like good coaches. This is his 10th year and has yet to produce. It is time for a change if he does not make the NCAA Tournament.
    It's WAY past time for a change even if he does make the tournament (odds are dumb luck would land you in the tournament once in 10 years!)

Bulldog DFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the rough DFW-IronDawg's Avatar

Its not a matter of if he gets fired. It is a matter of when he gets fired. Since Jim Oakes was ousted, we have improved in our facilities, recruiting, and coaching staffs in all sports. Since we have truly invested in all of our programs, baseball and men's basketball has not lived up to anyone's expectations. We addressed the men's basketball issue with hiring Coach White. Simoneaux is next. Last season BVDV went around talking to fans at the game about their game experience. Every fan at the game pretty much said the same thing over and over. It's not a bad experience if we could win. We are all ready for Simoneaux to go because we recognize his lack of managerial skills.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our AD doesn't know baseball from WBB. Y'all trust him to make a baseball hire? We may need a change, but we don't have the President or the AD who gives a rip about baseball. It's like asking BHO to appoint a guy to make more O&G exploration happen.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Our AD doesn't know baseball from WBB. Y'all trust him to make a baseball hire? We may need a change, but we don't have the President or the AD who gives a rip about baseball. It's like asking BHO to appoint a guy to make more O&G exploration happen.
    He doesn't have to. All he needs to do is to appoint a search committee and get out of the way.

And unless there a significant turnaround, the week after Memorial Day should be when that needs to happen.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

Great post - long over due...

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

I agree 110% with this entire thread. Excellent posts.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

A team's record is a very poor metric to judge a college coach/program because strength of schedules vary considerably from team-to-team and year-to-year. College is not like the pros where everybody plays a very similar SOS. Without devising a new ranking algorithm, I think RPI is the best available measure to judge a program's strength.

With all of the jucos in our state (ULL, ULM, UNO, NWST, McNeese, SELA, Nicholls, SU, GSU), we should expect to finish in the top 3 in the state every year. Finishing outside of the top 4 in the state should be unacceptable, but Sim has yet to put together a top 4 team during his decade-long tenure at LaTech. This once proud baseball program has become an embarrassment to our great university. This is what you get when you hire a coach with a juco pedigree (ULL, Nicholls, HS).

The Simoneaux Era:

2003 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    6. LSU
    27. Tulane
    52. La-Lafayette
    65. Southern
    66. Northwestern St
    71. McNeese St
    106. New Orleans
    116. La-Monroe
    138. Louisiana Tech
    159. Southeastern La
    198. Nicholls St
    225. Centenary
    239. Grambling St

2004 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    4. LSU
    45. Tulane
    57. La-Lafayette
    83. Northwestern St
    92. New Orleans
    121. La-Monroe
    142. Louisiana Tech
    152. McNeese St
    170. Southern
    175. Southeastern La
    177. Nicholls St
    268. Centenary
    284. Grambling St

2005 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    4. Tulane
    10. LSU
    41. Northwestern St
    46. La-Lafayette
    132. Southeastern La
    143. Southern
    157. McNeese St
    173. La-Monroe
    174. New Orleans
    190. Nicholls St
    203. Louisiana Tech
    213. Centenary
    273. Grambling St

2006 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    30. Tulane
    36. LSU
    46. La-Lafayette
    83. McNeese St
    86. Louisiana Tech
    111. New Orleans
    139. Northwestern St
    174. Southeastern La
    226. La-Monroe
    233. Southern
    235. Nicholls St
    244. Centenary
    291. Grambling St

2007 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    14. La-Lafayette
    52. LSU
    82. New Orleans
    93. Southeastern La
    101. Tulane
    116. Louisiana Tech
    117. La-Monroe
    159. Northwestern St
    170. McNeese St
    207. Southern
    247. Centenary
    258. Nicholls St
    281. Grambling St

2008 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    8. LSU
    47. Tulane
    48. New Orleans
    96. La-Monroe
    97. La-Lafayette
    104. Southeastern La
    140. Northwestern St
    196. Southern
    199. Louisiana Tech
    200. Centenary
    258. McNeese St
    270. Nicholls St
    279. Grambling St

Sim should have been fired after the 2008 season:
    - We finished in last place in the WAC.
    - We didn't qualify for the WAC Tournament that we hosted.
    - That team had a school record 6 players drafted in the MLB Draft.
    - Six years is more than enough time to build a winning program.
    At this point, it should have been obvious to our admin that Sim was a loser coach and that we should part ways.

2009 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    4. LSU
    54. Southeastern La
    66. Tulane
    93. La-Lafayette
    95. La-Monroe
    111. Louisiana Tech
    141. Northwestern St
    156. Southern
    159. Centenary
    160. New Orleans
    189. McNeese St
    219. Nicholls St
    256. Grambling St

2010 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    22. LSU
    40. La-Lafayette
    51. Southeastern La
    64. Northwestern St
    88. Tulane
    123. McNeese St
    151. Nicholls St
    157. Louisiana Tech
    195. Centenary
    197. La-Monroe
    228. New Orleans
    231. Southern
    270. Grambling St

2011 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    28. LSU
    59. Southeastern La
    77. Tulane
    81. La-Lafayette
    133. Louisiana Tech
    140. McNeese St
    150. Nicholls St
    167. Northwestern St
    184. La-Monroe
    217. Southern
    258. Grambling St
    275. Centenary (transition)
    289. New Orleans (transition)

2012 NCAA DI Baseball RPI
    25. Southeastern La
    27. LSU
    65. La-Lafayette
    103. La-Monroe
    118. Northwestern St
    120. Nicholls St
    141. Louisiana Tech (This doesn't consider our loss to DIII Centenary.)
    169. Tulane
    170. McNeese St
    177. Southern
    178. Grambling St
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-26-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It was obvious to me Sim couldn't coach his very first year. Of course, I got beaten up on here for saying so. In every sport there are a few keys you look for to determine the quality of the coaching. I saw nothing, nada, zilch from Sim. And said so on this board.

Tech baseball has struggled to a losing record over 10 years because Sim is CLUELESS how to coach baseball. Period. That was true 10 years ago when I said so. Now, all of you that sent me nasty PMs back then can stuff it up your ass. Not my fault Sim can't coach, and some of you were too stupid to see it.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Hmmm. 10 Years. How time flies. When is this guy's contract up? Winning,and getting into the NCAA's seems to be the missing ingredient to the fan's game day experience.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    Hmmm. 10 Years. How time flies. When is this guy's contract up? Winning,and getting into the NCAA's seems to be the missing ingredient to the fan's game day experience.
    June 30, 2014

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It was obvious to me Sim couldn't coach his very first year. Of course, I got beaten up on here for saying so. In every sport there are a few keys you look for to determine the quality of the coaching. I saw nothing, nada, zilch from Sim. And said so on this board.

Tech baseball has struggled to a losing record over 10 years because Sim is CLUELESS how to coach baseball. Period. That was true 10 years ago when I said so. Now, all of you that sent me nasty PMs back then can stuff it up your ass. Not my fault Sim can't coach, and some of you were too stupid to see it.
    I remember going to games in 03 and 04 and seeing lots of baserunning errors and fielding errors. I was hoping as time went on we would get more talent and those things would go away. It seems like we have more talent (at least from a draftable players perspecitve), but those mental and physical errors still remain. I always liked Sim, but these past few years have not been good. Time for change. I know we pay peanuts, but we gotta give someone else a chance somehow.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I remember going to games in 03 and 04 and seeing lots of baserunning errors and fielding errors. I was hoping as time went on we would get more talent and those things would go away. It seems like we have more talent (at least from a draftable players perspecitve), but those mental and physical errors still remain. I always liked Sim, but these past few years have not been good. Time for change. I know we pay peanuts, but we gotta give someone else a chance somehow.
    You stated it in a more diplomatic way, but yeah, I agree.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

He should have been gone after we hosted the WAC tournament.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle

Re: Simoneaux's record through 530 games

Baseball Ten-Year RPI Avg.
    1 LSU 20.6
    2 La-Lafayette 37.5
    3 Tulane 65.6
    4 Southeastern 102.5
    5 Northwestern 113.3
    6 La-Monroe 140.0
    7 Louisiana Tech 142.7
    8 New Orleans 143.3
    9 McNeese 153.6