View Poll Results: Which John Wayne movie should we watch next?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donovan's Reef

3 12.00%
  • Rio Lobo

6 24.00%
  • Big Jake

10 40.00%
  • Rooster Cogburn

4 16.00%
  • The Comancheros

2 8.00%
  • that one about Genghis Khan that gave everybody on set cancer

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What John Wayne movie should my son and I watch next?

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Re: What John Wayne movie should my son and I watch next?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    All of them

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

True Grit!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    True Grit!
    I love that one, but I've watched it fairly recently.

The Sons of Katie Elder dvd from the library seems to be scratched up. Very frustrating. Last night we went with a Bond flick instead.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

In this group, it's between Big Jake and Rio Lobo, but since you've already watched El Dorado, Big Jake is the obvious choice. Rio Lobo, Rio Bravo and El Dorado are all basically the same movie (NTTAWWT if it's John Wayne).

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I always liked Rio Bravo over El Dorado because to me Rickey Nelson trumped a James Caan that couldn't shoot! That an Angie Dickinson trumped Charlene Holt as the chick!!!

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Rio Lobo has a special father/son meaning to me. In '70 or '71, as ten or eleven year old, I took my father to see the movie at the local theater for Father's Day.

Love the running joke in Big Jake when just about everybody McCandles meets thinks McCandles was dead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066831/quotes

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I always liked Rio Bravo over El Dorado because to me Rickey Nelson trumped a James Caan that couldn't shoot! That an Angie Dickinson trumped Charlene Holt as the chick!!!
    Yeah, but when you sub in Ricky Nelson and Dean Martin for Caan and Mitchum you get stuck with more singing.

It is amazing that Hawks made the same movie three times (in response to High Noon, right?).

+ Reply to Thread