+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: Romney

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Harder to praise him; EASY to vote for him.

OK, try this: 1. He looks presidential; 2. He won't make glaring campaign mistakes; 3. He embraces capitalism and knows it to be the only means to permanently improve the human condition of all economic classes; 4. He believes in personal responsibility; 5. He will not engage in the practice of inciting class envy; 6. He will attempt to make qualified appointments, not appointments based on race or political agenda; 7. He will view the Constitution as secularly sacred rather than a flawed document drafted by privileged oppressors; 8. He believes in American exceptionalism and believes that the US is a world force for good.
    1. i can't believe this could ever consciously influence the decision of any intelligent person.
    2. "electability" is only a virtue if you have some other reason for wanting the person elected.
    3. proof?
    4. proof?
    5. +1 for mitt
    6. B.S.
    7. proof?
    8. -0.5 for mitt

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    1. i can't believe this could ever consciously influence the decision of any intelligent person.
    2. "electability" is only a virtue if you have some other reason for wanting the person elected.
    3. proof?
    4. proof?
    5. +1 for mitt
    6. B.S.
    7. proof?
    8. -0.5 for mitt
    1. http://www.whiteoutpress.com/article...not-issues826/
    2. wash
    3. http://www.mittromney.com/sites/defa...rowth-Full.pdf
    4. This is iffy. Two well publicized cases involve the Massachusetts healthcare and then recently talking about welfare, especially when it comes to women.
    5. wash
    6. http://whyromney.com/#judicial (there are many other examples)
    7. He is Mormon. The divinization of the Constitution is explicit in LDS scriptures. http://www.firstthings.com/onthesqua...ional-theology
    8. refer to 7... The problem with that is what? You hate America?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Just for good measure, here is the OnTheIssues page for Romney.

http://www.ontheissues.org/mitt_romney.htm

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    You are telling the truth. Some folks do indeed contend that Mutt did leveraged buyouts of companies in order to suck them dry and then flip them.
    http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/content/printVersion/3001990/

Thanks for setting the record straight!!!
    I do not like the ruthlessness with which Romney often (not always) practiced venture capitalism, and criticism of such tactics is justifiable. But you started this thread asking for positives about Romney (even though you were only seeking a backdoor opportunity to criticize him), and I will tell you the positive in this aspect of Romney's personality. When he sits down with the ruling thugs of Russia, China, N. Korea and numerous others, Romney's ruthlessness is exactly what I want on full display. No apologies, no compromises. I want the ruthlessness that allowed him to be cavalier with people's jobs to be so perfectly evident to our sworn enemies that when he tells them he's going to kick their ass, they know he intends to do so.

Just as it's true that one's greatest strength is also one's greatest weakness, it is likewise true in Romney's case that perhaps his greatest personal weakness (ruthlessness), when it comes to dealing with world despots, will prove to be his greatest strength.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

You hit the nail on the head about ruthless thugs of China, Russia ect.. We currently have the worst President since Harding in office right now. I'd rather vote for Mitt because he is in line with most of my ideals than someone who is opposed to all my ideals.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I do not like the ruthlessness with which Romney often (not always) practiced venture capitalism, and criticism of such tactics is justifiable. But you started this thread asking for positives about Romney (even though you were only seeking a backdoor opportunity to criticize him), and I will tell you the positive in this aspect of Romney's personality. When he sits down with the ruling thugs of Russia, China, N. Korea and numerous others, Romney's ruthlessness is exactly what I want on full display. No apologies, no compromises. I want the ruthlessness that allowed him to be cavalier with people's jobs to be so perfectly evident to our sworn enemies that when he tells them he's going to kick their ass, they know he intends to do so.

Just as it's true that one's greatest strength is also one's greatest weakness, it is likewise true in Romney's case that perhaps his greatest personal weakness (ruthlessness), when it comes to dealing with world despots, will prove to be his greatest strength.
    From what you say, it sounds to me like he might have pretty good qualifications for being Secretary of State ??

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

You are telling the truth. Some folks do indeed contend that Mutt did leveraged buyouts of companies in order to suck them dry and then flip them.
    http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/content/printVersion/3001990/

Thanks for setting the record straight!!!
    Yeah...his political enemies. His job was to take troubled companies (those about to go bankrupt because of an out-dated product or service or products and services people didn't really want) and try to salvage them by investing a lot of money in them. If they were successful, he made a ton of money. If they went bankrupct, he did not make much money.

Mr. Romney and his partners at Bain astutely spotted and nurtured winners, and bet on their share of losers. Of 77 major deals that the firm did under Mr. Romney, 17 either filed for bankruptcy or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested, according to the Wall Street Journal — a relatively high proportion that partly reflects Bain’s willingness to take on smaller, troubled firms. (Bain responded to the Journal that its figures included companies that went under even after Bain cashed out.) Among the success stories of Mr. Romney’s tenure are Staples and the Sports Authority. Those companies have thousands of employees, who might otherwise have worked at mom-and-pop competitors, or not at all. It’s hard to say how much credit belongs to Mr. Romney — mainly a rainmaker at Bain by his final years — and how much to other investors, or to workers and managers themselves.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...MpP_story.html

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

It certainly is refreshing to see folks on here come out FOR somebody instead of just bitchin' back and forth among themselves and singing to the choir !!!

Still waiting for Tyler to "come out", though............................

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly is refreshing to see folks on here come out FOR somebody instead of just bitchin' back and forth among themselves and singing to the choir !!!

Still waiting for Tyler to "come out", though............................
    John Stossel makes some good points about Romney/Bain:

Shifting resources does mean some people lose their jobs. That is sad for those who are fired.

But on balance, it’s a good thing. Intuition tells us that it would be better if no one ever lost a job and that capitalists who close businesses are evil. But America would not be better off today if elevator operators and factory workers who made typewriters had their jobs preserved by a “compassionate” government.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz1snx4cZ4y

Sorry, but I don't do Fox News. I interact with people every day who are Fox News zombies, and that's more than enough for me.

Sorry, but I don't do Fox News. I interact with people every day who are Fox News zombies, and that's more than enough for me.
    troll.jpg

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Willard is not ruthless. He is a psychopathic republican businessman.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    1. http://www.whiteoutpress.com/article...not-issues826/
    2. wash
    3. http://www.mittromney.com/sites/defa...rowth-Full.pdf
    4. This is iffy. Two well publicized cases involve the Massachusetts healthcare and then recently talking about welfare, especially when it comes to women.
    5. wash
    6. http://whyromney.com/#judicial (there are many other examples)
    7. He is Mormon. The divinization of the Constitution is explicit in LDS scriptures. http://www.firstthings.com/onthesqua...ional-theology
    8. refer to 7... The problem with that is what? You hate America?
    for proof, i need something besides the candidate's own website.
    8. the problem is that we can't afford to crusade for "good" in the world when we are nearly bankrupt ourselves.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't say crusade for good; said a world force for good. That encompasses being a world advocate of successful ideas and ideals.

Didn't say crusade for good; said a world force for good. That encompasses being a world advocate of successful ideas and ideals.
    i only subtracted half a point for that one...

+ Reply to Thread