+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Romney

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Romney

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    The Lenz and Lawson (MIT) article said nothing of intelligence. They studied the influence of appearance on people who were not knowledgeable about politics. They also said nothing about whether the influence was conscious, subconscious, or unconscious (that would be damned hard to determine).

As for the conclusion that arkansasbob must fancy himself the only intelligent being in the universe, that makes absolutely no sense in light of the actual study and the fact that it could draw no causal relationship.
    Again with the changing parameters. Being politically intelligent was not a criteria.

Fact is, the appearance of a person affects how they are perceived. For Romney, "looking presidential" is enough for some people and not all of them are stupid.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Again with the changing parameters. Being politically intelligent was not a criteria.

Fact is, the appearance of a person affects how they are perceived. For Romney, "looking presidential" is enough for some people and not all of them are stupid.
    I didn't change parameters. I clarified the facts. The study mentioned nothing, as I said, of intelligence. Its results suggested that attractive politicians benefit disproportionately from television exposure, primarily among less knowledgeable individuals. Less knowledgeable does not mean less intelligent.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

You are a part of everything that is wrong with America.
    :icon_wink:

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Enough already! Lay your cards on the table. For whom are you voting? No, not for whom do you wish to vote, or for whom should you have been able to vote; for whom are you voting?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i still haven't decided. that's why i'm posting on this thread.

i'll never vote for obama, obviously.

the problem, as i've stated before, is that a big governement republican can be just as bad as a moderate democrat. i thought that 4 years of obama would teach the republicans to nominate someone better, but it looks like it's just more of the same...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post

the problem, as i've stated before, is that a big governement republican can be just as bad as a moderate democrat. i thought that 4 years of obama would teach the republicans to nominate someone better, but it looks like it's just more of the same...
    You're idea of "big government" is any government. That leaves no one for you to support, ever.

You're idea of "big government" is any government. That leaves no one for you to support, ever.
    what have i said that leads you to believe i'm an anarchist?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post

You've only got two choices - Romney or Obama. You said no to Obama so that leaves Romney or not voting, but not voting is a vote for Obama. So hold your nose, vote Romney and quit wasting time with JuBru. JuBru, do likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    You've only got two choices - Romney or Obama. You said no to Obama so that leaves Romney or not voting, but not voting is a vote for Obama. So hold your nose, vote Romney and quit wasting time with JuBru. JuBru, do likewise.
    we discussed this in 2008. the fact that all of you voted for mccain is the reason we have basically the same choices this year. but i'm too tired to get into that discussion right now. the reason i got into this thread was in hopes that someone could convince me that romney is not who i thought he was. sadly, no new evidence was presented.

i may still vote for romney, because another 4 years of obama will be so destructive. but voting for romney sends the wrong message, and i'm afraid something drastic is going to have to happen before people learn that we can't just vote for all of the nice stuff we can't afford.

if romney is elected, he will very likely have a republican majority in both houses. will we see something similar to the first 4 years of bush (increasing spending while trying to look like a conservative, while congress pushes through whatever he wants)? maybe not, because many of the republicans will be tea partiers -- they may actually keep romney honest. this is the only reason i may consider voting for him.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

In NYC, Alex Pelosi interviews welfare recipients:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2kGP...ature=youtu.be

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Arkbob - I think we're in agreement on many issues. Romney is meh.

I also think that this critical election is not the time to send the country farther into the tank just to take a stand.

Ron Paul has made strides. His ideas are more popular now than 4 years ago. It will take time to continue to shift some widespread rino beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Arkbob - I think we're in agreement on many issues. Romney is meh.

I also think that this critical election is not the time to send the country farther into the tank just to take a stand.

Ron Paul has made strides. His ideas are more popular now than 4 years ago. It will take time to continue to shift some widespread rino beliefs.
    i'm leaning that way myself, but still on the fence. really, the same can be said of any election.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

John Stossel for President!

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Harder to praise him; EASY to vote for him.

OK, try this: 1. He looks presidential; 2. He won't make glaring campaign mistakes; 3. He embraces capitalism and knows it to be the only means to permanently improve the human condition of all economic classes; 4. He believes in personal responsibility; 5. He will not engage in the practice of inciting class envy; 6. He will attempt to make qualified appointments, not appointments based on race or political agenda; 7. He will view the Constitution as secularly sacred rather than a flawed document drafted by privileged oppressors; 8. He believes in American exceptionalism and believes that the US is a world force for good.
    9. Says that Trump is promoting "trickle-down racism".

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...omoting-racism

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    9. Says that Trump is promoting "trickle-down racism".

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...omoting-racism
    ...time and again..

He must be talking about building the wall. That is not racist. Are there any other countries who enforce their borders, or are Trump and Cruz and millions of Americans the only ones in the world who believe in this?

The only thing Trump's said that could be considered racist is when he wanted the judge removed from the lawsuit. He prejudged the man based on his ethnicity, imo. I would even call that paranoia more than racism.

+ Reply to Thread