+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball. Baseball Returns to Conference Play

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Pitching Allows Just One Run to Defeat Hawai'i

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Ryan Gebhardt went 3-for-5 from the plate and the Bulldog pitching staff allowed just one hit as Louisiana Tech (20-23, 3-9 WAC) defeated Hawai'i (25-18, 5-4 WAC), 4-1, on Saturday afternoon at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.

More...

Discuss it here.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Tech vs. Hawai'i Game Three Notes

Quote Originally Posted by News_Bot View Post
    A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Ryan Gebhardt went 3-for-5 from the plate and the Bulldog pitching staff allowed just one hit as Louisiana Tech (20-23, 3-9 WAC) defeated Hawai'i (25-18, 5-4 WAC), 4-1, on Saturday afternoon at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.

More...

Discuss it here.
    The linked article correctly reads one run instead of one hit given up by our pitchers. It may have been corrected after the News_Bot picked up the story since another thread is correct.

I missed Thursday night's game so I won't comment on it. Today's game was the second straight good pitching, hitting, and defensive game by the DAWGS. Yesterday we had only one extra base hit (Kimbell's 1st inning 3 run HR) and today we had two doubles. We are scoring lots of runs by hitting singles, including some really well placed bunts. For example, in Friday night's 9-4 win, 6 runs scored without the benefit of an extra base hit. Today, Justin Gordey's 2 strike bunt for an RBI hit in the 8th inning was a great example of effective small ball.

From my memory, I think we bunted 5 times in the 2 games and the batter reached first base 3 times without an out being recorded and the other 2 batters advanced runner(s). We seem to be improving at bunting. As I've stated all along, the bunt can be effective in college baseball. However, bunting takes practice.

Small ball and bunting seems to be getting some converts. This is based on comments several people made to me. I know there may still be at least one holdout until a new stat table is released.

Today's crowd was probably the best of the season and most stayed until the game ended. It was good seeing that much enthusiasm at the ballpark. One thing that really helps the game atmosphere is the music. The coaching visit and pitching change music is funny. Much of the music is based on the day of the week. The best music was during the Grambling game on throwback night. Thanks to whoever is picking out the sounds. One suggestion I have is to play Johnny Cash's "I hear the train a-coming" when the train is nearby.

My favorite Yogi Berra quote is "It ain't over till it's over." This could apply to our DAWGS this season. We've just got to keep winning.

Other famous Yogi quotes:
    • "Slump? I ain't in no slump... I just ain't hitting."
    • "I wish I had an answer to that, because I'm tired of answering that question."
    • "This is like deja vu all over again."
    • "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
    • "I couldn't tell if the streaker was a man or a woman because it had a bag on it's head."
    • "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
    • "I didn't really say everything I said."
    • "I made a wrong mistake."
    • "Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical."
    • "You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

WAC Baseball Recaps - April 28-WACSports.com

A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:

Sacramento State moved into second place in the WAC standings with an 8-3 win at San Jose State. Louisiana Tech downed Hawai‘i 4-1 in Ruston. Fresno State defeated Nevada 14-2 in Reno. New Mexico State dropped a 15-5 decision to No. 3 Baylor in Waco.

More...

Discuss it here.

Re: Baseball. Tech vs. Hawai'i Game Three Notes

Tech takes series from Hawaii with 4-1 win
    LA Tech wins first WAC series
    Tech wins series finale with Hawaii
    and more
    EliteReport.webs.com

+ Reply to Thread