+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idaho Game - Pros & Cons

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Idaho Game - Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Dixon, he's special. We should "always" use him at goal line.
    • Good to see former QBs came back, I saw McCown and Ross Jenkins.
    • Campus, it looked really good.
    • Awesome weather
    • Thank you BOP starting the "We Are Bulldogs" chant

Side note: I saw the one of the singer (Charles Kelly) of Lady Antebellum at the Scotty Robertson Dedication.

Cons
    • Ruston PD, they came by our tailgate harassing us regarding our music. We were streaming from Pandora so there might be songs with a little "ass" and "damn" in it. The weekender officer said he would "cut my cords" if I wouldn't stop. So, I stopped the music and played the "Barny's" theme song. Music police, it would only happen in Ruston!
    • Dawgzilla's sound - turn down the gain! The external audio is distorted. The sound from the video clips are fine. The board operators need to run a sound test prior to the game.

Bulldog Helliana is just really niceHelliana is just really niceHelliana is just really niceHelliana is just really niceHelliana is just really niceHelliana is just really niceHelliana is just really niceHelliana is just really niceHelliana is just really niceHelliana is just really niceHelliana is just really nice

Re: Idaho Game - Pros & Cons

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Cons
    • Dawgzilla's sound - turn down the gain! The external audio is distorted. The sound from the video clips are fine. The board operators need to run a sound test prior to the game.
    God that thing is horrible. We were watching the game on ESPN 3 last night and my girlfriend's exact words were "At least that dog barking sound isn't quite as bad when you hear it on TV."

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc

D
    id we seal the deal that Akey will be moving on after this year? I kind of thought that Idaho would make a run for the plane at halftime.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Pros:
    • New faces. I sat beside a lady and her family. This was her first Tech game since '97. They had a good time. They left in the 4th quarter. They stood up for most of the ball game.
    • Good vibe in the crowd we did have. It's been mentioned before, but this crowd was much better than the UNLV game.
    • Tech cop high fiving a fan after taking his beer.
    • I thought Dawgzilla was toned down in regards to extra ads, music, and overall random noise.
    • I thought the band got more good attention this game. I thought they were a great piece of the game day this time.
    • It was nice to see the Fight Song on Zilla just a couple of days after the recommendation.
    • The drink cart behind the student section was nice.
    • We played AMAZING.
    Cons:
    • We really need some signs about the student section. I see new fans sit down in the section weekly. They realize they can't see, hear random language, and move a couple of moments later. It seems like this could be an easy fix. Warning: Student Section. I don't know. Maybe it's just me trying to look out for newbies.
    • The bathrooms are still horrible, but yeah.
    • Otherwise...I don't have much.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helliana View Post
    God that thing is horrible. We were watching the game on ESPN 3 last night and my girlfriend's exact words were "At least that dog barking sound isn't quite as bad when you hear it on TV."
    The volume at which that thing is played is utterly ridiculous. Its like when you're beside a gang banger with his RAP music so loud that your mirrors all shake. Must we screw up everything we do? Why can't we have something nice like our video board and operate it the way other schools operate theirs? I've never been in a stadium where the damn video board is played as loud as it is at Tech. Visit the stadium of a Big 12 team, or an SEC stadium. You'll see that their video boards are used for instant replay, scores, and other announcements. They don't play music so loud that it drowns out their band, nor do they have kissing contests that look like people of Wal-mart you-tube videos. Who the heck is in charge of the thing?

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

I love loud music. But to play it so loud that all you hear is distortion all the way accross the Joe makes us look stupid & hurts our ears. We really need a professional video board operator.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

The Docs trying to give Champ his flu shot was great.....lol

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Pros: best total effort all year, record breaking performances, best tailgating weather of the season, fried catfish on Slobberknocker Hill was awesome, T club meeting at the STAC

Cons: Matt is no longer perfect, hate that, 1/2 of our tailgate crew missed this game for various reasons, I guess if you had to miss one this was it, I did not win split the pot

Varsity Bulldog OakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the rough OakTechDawg's Avatar

Con: Pepsi products....Needed a Dr. Pepper

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    I love loud music. But to play it so loud that all you hear is distortion all the way accross the Joe makes us look stupid & hurts our ears. We really need a professional video board operator.
    Or at the very least we need a grown up to operate it.

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

The music has been so loud I can't even hear Dave Nitz and Ive got ear phones on...Guys please tone it down a bit. Why have a radio broadcast if you can't hear it..."in the stadium"...PLEASE !

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

need more replays, more replays, MORE REPLAYS ....................................

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    need more replays, more replays, MORE REPLAYS ....................................
    Problem is by the time you get the replay up and running a new play is going. Had a high school senoir sitting next to me (had the largest group for time out for Tech at 1700 yesterday) and he commented that we had the best jumbotron.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    Problem is by the time you get the replay up and running a new play is going. Had a high school senoir sitting next to me (had the largest group for time out for Tech at 1700 yesterday) and he commented that we had the best jumbotron.
    Seems like they intentionally don't run controversial plays. I understand that they aren't supposed to run plays being reviewed ( I think that is correct), but there is no consistancy of what plays we run. It seems that the top priority is getting the ads aired. Maybe to the point of going overboard with them.

Re: Time out for Tech

Amazing number of students attended. Unfortunately not a high percentage of them lasted until the ballgame. It started at 12:30 with no drinks or refreshments along the way. They were set to eat in the Tonk at 4:30. My child is attending Tech because that is what we do. The Time out for Tech thing did not impress.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Seems like they intentionally don't run controversial plays. I understand that they aren't supposed to run plays being reviewed ( I think that is correct), but there is no consistancy of what plays we run. It seems that the top priority is getting the ads aired. Maybe to the point of going overboard with them.

Re: Time out for Tech

Amazing number of students attended. Unfortunately not a high percentage of them lasted until the ballgame. It started at 12:30 with no drinks or refreshments along the way. They were set to eat in the Tonk at 4:30. My child is attending Tech because that is what we do. The Time out for Tech thing did not impress.
    I thought it would be great to watch replays on the jumbotron when I first heard we were getting one, but, they very seldom show a replay.

+ Reply to Thread