+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: per CBS Sports: UTSA,FIU,UNT,LaTech to CUSA

2004 Bowl Confidence & 2006 NIT Bracket Champion hoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nice

Re: per CBS Sports: UTSA,FIU,UNT,LaTech to CUSA

It makes sense that Tulane would want to be in a different division than us and we may not play them ever unless they think they are better than us. But we will play some croSs division games against the Greenies and the Runners.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    I want Tech in the West since I live in Dallas. Would be great to get to the games in Denton. That said there must be a standing game with USM. That is a game I will not miss.
    We will play games in Texas every year...even being in the Eastern Division. Here's an example of what Rice's 2013 schedule looks like:

* Non-conference game: Houston (at Reliant Stadium), @TAMU, @Kansas, Wake Forest
    * C-USA home games: Tulane (C-USA W), Tulsa (C-USA W), UTEP (C-USA W), C-USA East Team
    * C-USA road games: C-USA East Team (x2), C-USA West Team (x2)

They play all of their division every year, and they rotate 3 C-USA East teams every year.

We'll do something very similar...relax and enjoy that annual game with USM.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Tulane probably wants to stay with remaining privates: Rice & Tulsa

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyc46 View Post
    Well you guys will come to find out in a larger conference there are power blocks. It appears that UTEP didnt want to go to the MWC like has been previously talked about. Rumor is Tulsa UTEP and Tulane all went to CUSA and said get us UTSA and UNT which they did. UTEP didnt want to give up the exposure it has enjoyed and now those schools have an additional TEXAS market they didnt previously have San Antonio. Tulsa should be happy because they get to stay in a division with Tulane and Rice. The power from now on will most definitely be in the West (by power I mean voting power). The East will most definitely be the tougher market with Tech USM ECU Marshall FIU and UAB. Your not going to be in the West your going to be in the East with other schools similar to you culturally (USM ECU and Marshall). There are going to be several different clicks or blocks here. Tulane Rice and Tulsa will vote together a lot. UTSA FIU UAB and UNT will have similar interests as they are larger urban schools. Marshall ECU USM and Tech will also all be similar as they are Rural State Schools. Welcome to the conference. While it may get a bad wrap its still the best of the non aqs at least in Football and Baseball and most importantly Revenue.
    This guy is obviously a Tech hater and y'all are licking his feet. He's probably 19 with zits all over his face.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Total troll.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    This guy is obviously a Tech hater and y'all are licking his feet. He's probably 19 with zits all over his face.
    cyc46 is a USM fan whose very first post on our board was to come over and congratulate us this morning. I honestly didn't see anything in his post that was derogatory toward us. Maybe I haven't seen what y'all have seen from him.

I've actually seen more "I'm certainly no La Tech fan" and "while I'll never be accused of liking LaTech" stuff around various boards from Laxtonto...who comes on our board being all supportive of us. If you hate us, just say so. If you like us, have the 'nads to admit it...I know it's easier to play to the Tech-haters on other boards, but don't be two-faced.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

C46's first post was a total ruse.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    C46's first post was a total ruse.
    I haven't seen any proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    I haven't seen any proof of that.
    Some just process slower.:icon_wink:

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Some just process slower.:icon_wink:
    Of course. I heard it comes with age. :icon_wink:

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back to CUSA talk...

If you're interested in some pretty crazy reading, take a look at the MTSU scout forum. They're descending into meltdown mode, and I can't blame them. If UTSA gets in, and MTSU wasn't even considered, it's got to weigh pretty heavily.

I really feel bad for them, because we very well could be in the same position.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

I still don't see anything in that post that is a slap to Tech.
    fact: UTEP, Rice, UTSA, and UNT have a lot in common as Texas schools and will be a solid voting block.
    fact: the CUSA proposal listed will have 3 and only 3 private schools (Rice, Tulane, Tulsa) and those schools will probably want to stay together

NEITHER of these things is derogatory to Tech. it only says that Tech is a public school outside of Texas. i think this is something which we can all agree.

Tech in a division with USM, ECU, UAB, FIU, and Marshall means that Tech will have the stronger football competition. isn't that a good thing?

are you taking offense to the descriptor "rural state school"? if so, is that inaccurate? go to wikipedia, and search for Ruston, LA. look down at the cultural section. after it mentions that the Ruston culture revolves around Tech, it says that North LA is rural. i don't think this is a controversial statement.

games every year vs USM, and UAB means you will have an easy road trip in your division. you will also have at least one easy road trip with the cross division games in NO, and texas.

i hole that after this long time in the wilderness, Tech has finally found its rightful home in CUSA. the proposal mentioned be CBS is a good one for Tech with no negatives.

If you guys think for a nanosecond that UTEP doesn't intend to leave or that they banded together with two other schools and said "give us UTSA and UNT," never live alone, you're not capable of taking care of yourselves.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

cyc had been very supportive of Tech on the CUSA board. Nothing he has said here has been inflamatory.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyc46 View Post
    Well you guys will come to find out in a larger conference there are power blocks......
    Oh good gosh. Here comes big brother telling us how "it" is. . . . . Hate to say this but Boise State, Fresneck, and Nevada from 2005-2009 would be what I call a "power block". Remember, the old WAC trumped anything the old C-USA had to show, football-wise.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread