+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome

Puppy Gopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really nice

Welcome

Just want to stop by and say that if the rumors are true, IT'S ABOUT TIME! I've always thought Tech is a natural fit in C-USA, especially in the East which is where the football first schools are, East Carolina, Southern Miss, and Marshall. I just shook my head during the last expansion when y'all didn't get an invite, and look where it got us. At any rate, I'm looking forward to adding Tech football to the East. Y'all bring a lot of history and credibility.

Before I registered earlier I saw a question posted about how C-USA schedules for football so I'll answer it. We play everyone in our division, three in the West, and four OOC. This year we get two west schools coming to us and we go west once. Generally the next year we go west twice and we get one out of the west at home. Who knows if that changes with the new schools coming in.
    09/01/12 vs. Appalachian State (PCW) Greenville, N.C. TBA
    09/08/12 at South Carolina Columbia, S.C. TBA
    09/15/12 at Southern Miss * Hattiesburg, Miss. TBA
    09/22/12 at North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. TBA
    09/29/12 vs. UTEP (FW) * Greenville, N.C. TBA
    10/04/12 at UCF * Orlando, Fla. TBA
    10/13/12 vs. Memphis (HC) * Greenville, N.C. TBA
    10/20/12 at UAB * Birmingham, Ala. TBA
    10/27/12 vs. Navy (MIL) Greenville, N.C. TBA
    11/03/12 vs. Houston (HOF) * Greenville, N.C. TBA
    11/17/12 at Tulane * New Orleans, La. TBA
    11/23/12 vs. Marshall (SD) * Greenville, N.C. TBA

Welcome aboard guys.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Welcome

Good information and a great example of how a rival fan should behave on another's site. Green for you!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

thanks, but until I see a press conference I'm not getting too excited. we've already been down this road before only to be burned at the 11th hour

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

I really like that football schedule! This will be one of the best upcoming weeks ever. And then the possibility of merging with the MWC.....but one thing at a time.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    thanks, but until I see a press conference I'm not getting too excited. we've already been down this road before only to be burned at the 11th hour
    FWIW, we were not burned last time. We were never really considered after UTEP showed what they had to offer and it wasn't market.

Puppy Gopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really niceGopirates367 is just really nice

True enough. We got screwed when the Liberty Bowl Alliance initially formed C-USA so I certainly understand what that is all about.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I'm with MD on this one. I haven't been down this road before because I never believed we were in before.

Bulldog TNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really niceTNDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    FWIW, we were not burned last time. We were never really considered after UTEP showed what they had to offer and it wasn't market.
    Please forgive my ignorance, but what are you referring to? I wasn't paying much attention when this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance, but what are you referring to? I wasn't paying much attention when this happened.
    We were being told by our own folks that Tech was in. Back then, the Social Media wasn't what it is today, but there was never really anything being reported in the media to back up the talk coming from our own sources. Most of us trusted our sources and believed we were in. It wasn't until after UTEP was selected that the truth came out. To this day many of our fans still believe that Tech had done everything they could have done to get us in and that UTEP got in due to market. At that time and today the UTEP market is not as large as the Shreveport/Monroe markets combined. UTEP was committed to athletics. We were not.

Varsity Bulldog Benson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We were being told by our own folks that Tech was in. Back then, the Social Media wasn't what it is today, but there was never really anything being reported in the media to back up the talk coming from our own sources. Most of us trusted our sources and believed we were in. It wasn't until after UTEP was selected that the truth came out. To this day many of our fans still believe that Tech had done everything they could have done to get us in and that UTEP got in due to market. At that time and today the UTEP market is not as large as the Shreveport/Monroe markets combined. UTEP was committed to athletics. We were not.

EL Paso is bigger than SHV/Monroe combined!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    No it isn't. Maddawg is right.

Shreveport/Bossier's DMA ALONE is ranked 83, ahead of El Paso/Las Cruces which is ranked #91. When combined with #137 El Dorado/Monroe, the "North Louisiana" market jumps to #57, just behind Little Rock/Pine Bluff and just ahead of Richmond/Petersburg VA.

http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/c...enetration.pdf
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 04-29-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

And thank you, Gopirates367! I'll actually be in Greenville on business this week. It will be an interesting perspective for me, being in YOUR town, when WE are called up. I look forward to visiting ECU and experiencing what others have said is the "crown jewel" stadium in C-USA!
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 04-29-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gopirates367 View Post
    Just want to stop by and say that if the rumors are true, IT'S ABOUT TIME! I've always thought Tech is a natural fit in C-USA, especially in the East which is where the football first schools are, East Carolina, Southern Miss, and Marshall. I just shook my head during the last expansion when y'all didn't get an invite, and look where it got us. At any rate, I'm looking forward to adding Tech football to the East. Y'all bring a lot of history and credibility.

Before I registered earlier I saw a question posted about how C-USA schedules for football so I'll answer it. We play everyone in our division, three in the West, and four OOC. This year we get two west schools coming to us and we go west once. Generally the next year we go west twice and we get one out of the west at home. Who knows if that changes with the new schools coming in.
    09/01/12 vs. Appalachian State (PCW) Greenville, N.C. TBA
    09/08/12 at South Carolina Columbia, S.C. TBA
    09/15/12 at Southern Miss * Hattiesburg, Miss. TBA
    09/22/12 at North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. TBA
    09/29/12 vs. UTEP (FW) * Greenville, N.C. TBA
    10/04/12 at UCF * Orlando, Fla. TBA
    10/13/12 vs. Memphis (HC) * Greenville, N.C. TBA
    10/20/12 at UAB * Birmingham, Ala. TBA
    10/27/12 vs. Navy (MIL) Greenville, N.C. TBA
    11/03/12 vs. Houston (HOF) * Greenville, N.C. TBA
    11/17/12 at Tulane * New Orleans, La. TBA
    11/23/12 vs. Marshall (SD) * Greenville, N.C. TBA

Welcome aboard guys.
    That's smart having Memphis as your HC game. Alums like to enjoy a sure win!

Do you like blue or red Koolaid?

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Si Senor

+ Reply to Thread