+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tougher competition in cusa

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tougher competition in cusa

Us getting into CUSA would definitely give us a more challenging schedule and we'd better be ready & are going to have to significantly step it up quickly to compete. For 2011-12 season rpi rankings:

CUSA: 2 in top 100, 6 more 100-200, 3 more over 200, average rpi 164

WAC: 1 in top 100, 1 more 100-200, 5 more over 200, average rpi 235

CUSA: UTEP 44, Tulane 72, UAB 102, FIU 139, Tulsa 169, LA Tech 171, Marshall 173, Rice 179, USM 194, NTSU 207, ECU 226, UTSA 301

WAC: Fresno 65, Utah State 148, La Tech 171, Hawaii 252, Idaho 262, SJSU 289, Nevada 311, NMSU 320

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Re: Tougher competition in cusa

Regardless of conference, Spoon loves to play a tough non-conference schedule...just wait till you hear some of the opponents for next year (stiff competition)...

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Will the Techsters be able to handle the tougher competition?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Not as of now...we will be lucky to finish in the top half of the new conference.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Not as of now...we will be lucky to finish in the top half of the new conference.
    We'll know a lot from the 2012-13 season. There'll be four new starters to play with Whitney Frazier (have to assume Tavasha Andersdon and Kelia Shelton to start also). Hayes and Vucinic and Perry all got decent playing time last year. Most of the others were freshman who did show some ability but not enough playing time to assess. I definitely think Langston can help us. Loss of Dogo hurt. This year we'll be a very inexperienced team as far as returning starters and prior playing time. How the team develops and improves this final WAC year will tell us a lot about our first two years in CUSA. I'm the eternal optimist by nature :icon_wink: but am a little apprehensive. Too much yet to be proven but I do think we're one really good big from battling for the CUSA title in year 1.
    Last edited by Russdawg; 05-01-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

With ODU rumored to now be in...old rivalries are about to be renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    With ODU rumored to now be in...old rivalries are about to be renewed.
    That would be AWESOME!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    That would be AWESOME!!!
    Yes, that is going to be awesome!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    ---
    It sounds like you are a big Techster Fan there!
    Well, perhaps you can get on the band wagon next year when the Techsters turn the program around and cheer them on at the games beside me!

"We are all CooCoo for LULU"!
    Whits the REAL DEAL
    Janay is quick as lightening
    Shelton is AWESOME
    and Anderson is going to step up BIG!
    Jalena, Hardison, and Andrews will all be solid SG's
    Hayes will be just get better
    and Haynes, Langston, and Hall will give us depth at the post!
    Is it legal to put a box of those Omaha steaks up for a wager?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    It sounds like you are a big Techster Fan there!
    Well, perhaps you can get on the band wagon next year when the Techsters turn the program around and cheer them on at the games beside me!

"We are all CooCoo for LULU"!
    Whits the REAL DEAL
    Janay is quick as lightening
    Shelton is AWESOME
    and Anderson is going to step up BIG!
    Jalena, Hardison, and Andrews will all be solid SG's
    Hayes will be just get better
    and Haynes, Langston, and Hall will give us depth at the post!
    Is it legal to put a box of those Omaha steaks up for a wager?
    Good post! I am excited about this next year and will be even more excited the next. Building back what we had is the goal - one step at a time!

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

I'm just excited about my Techsters coming here to Charlotte! And going to see them in Birmingham as well.

But the renewed ODU rivalry is the best! Too bad it won't be a game around Christmas, when I'm in town...

Go Techsters!

Well, ODU may be having some problems. They are the only team not scheduled to announce tomorrow.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I am confident we are up to the challenge of stiffer competition.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I am elated over our move to CUSA - I was living in Memphis when the conference was first started and absolutely loved the Atmosphere this conference brought with it.
    I am excited that ODU (maybe) and Charlotte are coming into CUSA as well. This will give us an even wider recruiting base.
    I know that ODU has struggled but after speaking with some of my coaching peeps they feel this is exactly what ODU needs to pull themselves back into the fold of being once again a relevant figure in Women's basketball.
    Yay I can't wait to get this started, I just wish we were able to play CUSA this upcoming season but I am definately headin to the WAC tournament next year, I love the WAC but it is time for us to do our farwell tour and head into CUSA.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Not only the Techsters have to improve, but I believe it is time to determine if Coach Spoon is the right person for the job.

+ Reply to Thread