+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W. Basketball. Techsters Add Texas Scoring Legend

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Techsters Add Texas Scoring Legend

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech signed the second leading scorer in the history of Texas high school girls basketball Wednesday when head coach Teresa Weatherspoon inked guard Brittney Jefferson to a national letter of intent.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Add Texas Scoring Legend

5'9"

So who we lose Dogo and add 5'9"

Maybe we will play 5 Guards?

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Nice pick up. Welcome, Brittney.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

As I recall, a couple of the girls signed this year were over 6 feet tall, and T'Spoon already had a couple of big girls. If the big Techsters produce, and the guards can be consistent, the Lady Techsters should be fine.

Let's be optimistic! Where are you Champ110?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Very impressive resume guys! You can never ever have enough pure put it through the hoop scorers. And that is a tough JUCO conference.

"Jefferson had four career 50-plus point scoring games, including a pair of 57-point performances. Jefferson averaged 15.8 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.0 steals and 1.8 assists as a sophomore while shooting 41 percent from the field and 75 percent from the free throw line."

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Sounds like a great pick up. We need people who we can count on to score consistently. This give us another option for that. We will be a guard oriented team, but that is OK with good guards. Our bigs don't have to be great, but we have to be able to count on them for good play. We are in good shape IMO.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! This was an AWESOME find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are some players that you don't pass up no matter what. This is one of those! Way to go Spoon and welcome to the Techsters, Brittney!!!!!!!!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

I was really dissappointed when we lost Bogo, but Britt sounds like a great
    pick up for the Techsters!
    What an awesome group of new Techsters we have coming in next fall!
    Oh yea, we will be ready for the CUSA and hopefully making noise in the NCAA's coming very soon!
    Go Techsters!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    I was really dissappointed when we lost Bogo, but Britt sounds like a great
    pick up for the Techsters!
    What an awesome group of new Techsters we have coming in next fall!
    Oh yea, we will be ready for the CUSA and hopefully making noise in the NCAA's coming very soon!
    Go Techsters!!!
    Amen!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I did some research and when you speak of this young lady she is mentioned with the greats like Angela Lawson. This is a great find for us, while she only averaged 15 points in JUCO she also didn't have the supporting cast that she will have on this level.
    Teams will not be able to key on her without having to open up the inside game. If they shut down the inside game they will have to leave her open and then it is pick your poison.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I read an article on her from senior year in High School, sounds like she is a small town kid that just dedicated herself to getting better. The reporter said if you ever wanted to find her look no further than the gym because she was always there shooting and working on her game.
    I get the feeling we just found our own Jennifer Azzi, I remember watching Azzi at the TAC two hours before the game shooting shot after shot, I think this kid is gonna be the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I read an article on her from senior year in High School, sounds like she is a small town kid that just dedicated herself to getting better. The reporter said if you ever wanted to find her look no further than the gym because she was always there shooting and working on her game.
    I get the feeling we just found our own Jennifer Azzi, I remember watching Azzi at the TAC two hours before the game shooting shot after shot, I think this kid is gonna be the same way.
    I agree....... Good comparison too....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    She'll have to spend time in the classroom and studying too. She attended a juco because she couldn't cut it academically coming out of high school. She's in Division I athletics and Tier I academics now. Time to buck up.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    She'll have to spend time in the classroom and studying too. She attended a juco because she couldn't cut it academically coming out of high school. She's in Division I athletics and Tier I academics now. Time to buck up.
    True..... I think she will be prepared, though. Hope so, anyway!

+ Reply to Thread