+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tougher competition in cusa

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Tougher competition in cusa

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    Not only the Techsters have to improve, but I believe it is time to determine if Coach Spoon is the right person for the job.
    Obviously you are not the only person who believes this, but it's a long time before basketball season starts, so how would you go about determining if she is the right person for the job, between now and then?

Would you base it on the way she dresses or wears her hair? It would have to be something not related to basketball, because it will a long time before the Lady Techsters play basketball again.

She is the Lady Techster coach for now, and she obviously loves the Lady Techsters program, so I think questioning her abilities as a coach is contra-productive at this time.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=old dawg;1230708]Obviously you are not the only person who believes this, but it's a long time before basketball season starts, so how would you go about determining if she is the right person for the job, between now and then?

Would you base it on the way she dresses or wears her hair? It would have to be something not related to basketball, because it will a long time before the Lady Techsters play basketball again.

She is the Lady Techster coach for now, and she obviously loves the Lady Techsters program, so I think questioning her abilities as a coach is contra-productive at this time.

Round 1: she needs to go; no she doesn't drop it. Round 2: (we're waiting!)

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for giving a thoughtul response to what is a serious situation. Obviously we shouldn't make a decision today, but must be ready if things don't get better next season. How many more years does she get because she loves La. Tech?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for giving a thoughtul response to what is a serious situation. Obviously we shouldn't make a decision today, but must be ready if things don't get better next season. How many more years does she get because she loves La. Tech?
    None, from me, but man, brace yourself for the response!

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I know you were expecting this, so here it comes. I obviously think our Lady Techster coach will come thru, and you don't. I guess I give a little more rope than you do. (how's that for a trite phrase).

I also agree that a love for Louisiana Tech doesn't necessarily make someone a good coach, otherwise I could be one! I just think her overall record means we need to give her some slack.

By the way I agree with you concerning the baseball coach, but then I guess I'm in the wrong place to comment on that.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I have total faith in Spoon this year. We are going to have a blast watching this team whip up on most every team on our schedule. The rebuilding has taken a long time, but it is slowly happening. We had a blip on the radar last year, but it was only that. 2 steps forward and a half step back equals forward progress. It is slow but sure.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Not only the Techsters have to improve, but I believe it is time to determine if Coach Spoon is the right person for the job.
    Darn it, even in the off season this is the kind of crap we get here and I've about.........

Oops, forgot to shut off auto defense mode!

This is very much a telltale season coming up. Anything less than a visible improvement in play and competitiveness and consistency and clear improvement as the season progresses will be very troubling. This past season was the most disappointing season I've seen in nearly 35 years of Techster watching. It seemed like we stalled at the beginning and regressed at times. Losses to Nevalda (6 - 23, rpi 311); Hawaii twice (10 - 19, rpi 252); Western Ky blown out (9 - 21 rpi 232); squeaking by with a scairy late win at home against SJSU (11 - 19 rpi 289) were shocking, and the past two seasons have ended in debacle blowouts in last year's NCAA tournament and this years WAC tournament. No sugarcoating or denying any of this.

However, SPOON HAS MY TOTAL FAITH and as Champ 110 says above I think we're going to have a blast watching the 2012-13 Lady Techsters play fast, aggressive, confident, athletic, smart basketball!!! This is totally Spoon's team now. I'D RENEW MY 3 SEASON TICKETS THIS SECOND IF POSSIBLE!!

LADY TECHSTERS WE LOVE YA, SUPPORT YA, AND ARE PUMPED BIGTIME FOR THIS COMING SEASON
    !!!!!

LOVE THOSE LADY TECHSTERS
    !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Russdawg; 05-06-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Told ya'!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

for pete's sake folks, coach TSpoon is the best thing to happen for the Techsters since we won our last national championship!
    I am sure we will not be looking back starting next year and everyone just needs to get on the band wagon and hang on!
    It's going to be a awesome ride back to the TOP!
    Go TSpoon and Techsters!!!

(told ya')

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    for pete's sake folks, coach TSpoon is the best thing to happen for the Techsters since we won our last national championship!
    I am sure we will not be looking back starting next year and everyone just needs to get on the band wagon and hang on!
    It's going to be a awesome ride back to the TOP!
    Go TSpoon and Techsters!!!
    Exactly!

(told ya')
    Wasn't a very difficult prediction, LFR. :icon_wink: I, actually, thought the response was cool headed and not argumentative. Spoon does have support from most of us, though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Spoon has my support for two reasons:

1) I like her
    2) failure is not an option

As for the first reason, I will always like her.

As for the second....well, I don't want to think about the dreaded consequences of her failing to succeed. That would mean our WBB would be totally wrecked. I support her as HC because right now, there is no other choice. Well, there is an out, Spoon could have a good (an NCAA appearance) season, and then gracefully bow out citing personal reasons, or leaving to "pursue other interests." Then Tech hires a coach that gets the program over the hump. That would work.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Wasn't a very difficult prediction, LFR. :icon_wink: I, actually, thought the response was cool headed and not argumentative. Spoon does have support from most of us, though.
    The response was cool-headed, but it ignores deficiencies that 'Spoon has exhibited. Whether she is tempermentally suited to be a head coach is an open question for some. At the very least, imo, she has earned a reprimand from BVDV for failure to attend more than one post-game interview.

It's interesting that those of us who want us to win but can't be classified as fans of wbb find more fault and have less patience with her than do the passionate fans. It will be interesting to see it play out.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Spoon has my support for two reasons:

1) I like her
    2) failure is not an option
    Glad to hear you're with us in supporting Spoon.

Relative to another thread, I bicycle twice a week April - September, average about 3:45 per mile on rolling terrain for 20 miles, then do a weekly really tough 25 mile hill ride averaging around 14.5 mph & try to do two 50 milers per summer. 2 - 3 spin classes per week. My 60+ yr old ankles are so pounded that I don't run anymore either. Thanks for your info.

+ Reply to Thread