+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tougher competition in cusa

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tougher competition in cusa

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Told ya'!
    And when Spoon lead us back to prominence we're going to be gracious and just say:

Told ya'!!
    Last edited by Russdawg; 05-07-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    And when Spoon lead us back to prominence we're going to be gracious and just say:

Told ya'!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Glad to hear you're with us in supporting Spoon.

Relative to another thread, I bicycle twice a week April - September, average about 3:45 per mile on rolling terrain for 20 miles, then do a weekly really tough 25 mile hill ride averaging around 14.5 mph & try to do two 50 milers per summer. 2 - 3 spin classes per week. My 60+ yr old ankles are so pounded that I don't run anymore either. Thanks for your info.
    50-miler? That's longer than I normally do. My longest ride in the past several years has been 32 miles. I did do two 20-milers in the same day once, but one was in the morning and the second one late in the afternoon. And, I took a nap in between .

BTW, I ride a single-speed La Jolla Cruiser. Yep. That's it. It's all in the legs.

Keep 'em spinning, Lance!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    50-miler? That's longer than I normally do. My longest ride in the past several years has been 32 miles. I did do two 20-milers in the same day once, but one was in the morning and the second one late in the afternoon. And, I took a nap in between .

BTW, I ride a single-speed La Jolla Cruiser. Yep. That's it. It's all in the legs.

Keep 'em spinning, Lance!
    You're a better man than I am. To ride that cruiser at your speed is IMPRESSIVE and I couldn't do it. Congratulations. My ride is a carbon lightweight with 120 lb pressure skinny tires and a triple chainring. Mine's mostly in the bike. And just to stay on subject here:

LOVE THOSE LADY TECHSTERS!!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    Not only the Techsters have to improve, but I believe it is time to determine if Coach Spoon is the right person for the job.
    I am sure when the proper administration makes that decision they will hold that evaluation. Until then it isn't our place to do that, we are fans not administration

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Puh-leeeese!! Our job is just to follow, not question?!! If you've "invested" through LTAC or in other ways, you're a shareholder. The lifeblood of a university is its contributors and if the admin disagrees with the contributors it better be able to clearly set forth the reasons for disagreement. Demand nothing and that's what you often get.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Puh-leeeese!! Our job is just to follow, not question?!! If you've "invested" through LTAC or in other ways, you're a shareholder. The lifeblood of a university is its contributors and if the admin disagrees with the contributors it better be able to clearly set forth the reasons for disagreement. Demand nothing and that's what you often get.
    I see nothing wrong with contributing fans voicing their opinions. Educated opinions are best, though. If you don't follow a specific sport, it is tough to have a valid opinion. I never voice my opinion on baseball, but do follow the conversation about that coach. Anyway, you (of all people) have the right to voice your opinion - after all, you are an avid WBB fan. We have the right to disagree, though. :icon_wink:

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I see nothing wrong with contributing fans voicing their opinions. Educated opinions are best, though. If you don't follow a specific sport, it is tough to have a valid opinion. I never voice my opinion on baseball, but do follow the conversation about that coach. Anyway, you (of all people) have the right to voice your opinion - after all, you are an avid WBB fan. We have the right to disagree, though. :icon_wink:
    Of course you do, but that was not what pg was saying. He said its not our place to make an evaluation, that's the job of the administration. Baloney! It's the admin's job to hire and fire, but we can parse and evaluate every word and action if we choose - and as engaged shareholders we should and do!

Of course you do, but that was not what pg was saying. He said its not our place to make an evaluation, that's the job of the administration. Baloney! It's the admin's job to hire and fire, but we can parse and evaluate every word and action if we choose - and as engaged shareholders we should and do!
    You are correct and no one has ever stopped us from doing so before (pro and con). I am just glad we have Spoon and am really looking forward to seeing what she can do with these recruits coming up.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Let me make it very clear as to what I was saying so that no one is unclear or mistaken. I don't want anything I say to be taken out of context.
    We all have thoughts and opinions, some choose to voice them louder than others because they like hearing themselves talk. I am one of those at times so I can own that. I also know that what we want or don't want has no process in the decision making process of what happens at Louisiana Tech no more than us having a say over moving to the CUSA because we didn't like the WAC.
    We are fans and while we love to have opinions and hear ourselves talk at the end of the day it is what the administration decides that matters, this is not a reality show where we have a say in it.
    Can we make suggestions and have opinions absolutely and we do that all the time. Does the powers to be care about what we have to say, apparently not or we would have won two more national championships by now in Women's basketball.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Let me make it very clear as to what I was saying so that no one is unclear or mistaken. I don't want anything I say to be taken out of context.
    We all have thoughts and opinions, some choose to voice them louder than others because they like hearing themselves talk. I am one of those at times so I can own that. I also know that what we want or don't want has no process in the decision making process of what happens at Louisiana Tech no more than us having a say over moving to the CUSA because we didn't like the WAC.
    We are fans and while we love to have opinions and hear ourselves talk at the end of the day it is what the administration decides that matters, this is not a reality show where we have a say in it.
    Can we make suggestions and have opinions absolutely and we do that all the time. Does the powers to be care about what we have to say, apparently not or we would have won two more national championships by now in Women's basketball.
    ---
    Hey Phil, always love to read your post!
    At least I know you have an bit amount of merit to the words you state my man!
    Keep them coming!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    It sounds like you are a big Techster Fan there!
    Well, perhaps you can get on the band wagon next year when the Techsters turn the program around and cheer them on at the games beside me!

"We are all CooCoo for LULU"!
    Whits the REAL DEAL
    Janay is quick as lightening
    Shelton is AWESOME
    and Anderson is going to step up BIG!
    Jalena, Hardison, and Andrews will all be solid SG's
    Hayes will be just get better
    and Haynes, Langston, and Hall will give us depth at the post!
    Is it legal to put a box of those Omaha steaks up for a wager?
    I am a LaTech fan and realist. We have a lot of work to do in a lot of programs...WBB leading the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    Hey Phil, always love to read your post!
    At least I know you have an bit amount of merit to the words you state my man!
    Keep them coming!
    Thanks man, appreciate it, I just know we have to work with who they put in the positions they put people in. I don't think at any time while Budke or Long were the head coaches that I ever spoke against them or questioned their abilities.

I always supported them and championed their cause. I am sure that if you look hard enough your can find fault in anything or anyone. I don't see that as being productive not being supportive of the program as a whole but again that is just me.

I always tell people if you can find fault in more than one situation then you may be the common denominator to that issue.

I have had employees that when something went wrong it was always someone elses fault and never their own, the world had wronged them and I just told them " Look you have an issue with all of these people and all that these people have in common is YOU. So you are the common denominator to your issue."

Some people didn't like Budke, then some of those people didn't like Long and some of those same people are negative at times against Spoon. I am not pointing fingers but sounds like the common denominator to that situation is the person that doesn't like them.

Now there are actually two denominators to this, there is the person that finds fault with all three of them and then there is the administration because they hired all three but then again we know how good their judgement is after what they allowed to happen with KM.

I am gonna be supportive of Spoon and work my butt off suggesting players to the coaching staff of players I see here in the state of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Thanks man, appreciate it, I just know we have to work with who they put in the positions they put people in. I don't think at any time while Budke or Long were the head coaches that I ever spoke against them or questioned their abilities.

I always supported them and championed their cause. I am sure that if you look hard enough your can find fault in anything or anyone. I don't see that as being productive not being supportive of the program as a whole but again that is just me.

I always tell people if you can find fault in more than one situation then you may be the common denominator to that issue.

I have had employees that when something went wrong it was always someone elses fault and never their own, the world had wronged them and I just told them " Look you have an issue with all of these people and all that these people have in common is YOU. So you are the common denominator to your issue."

Some people didn't like Budke, then some of those people didn't like Long and some of those same people are negative at times against Spoon. I am not pointing fingers but sounds like the common denominator to that situation is the person that doesn't like them.

Now there are actually two denominators to this, there is the person that finds fault with all three of them and then there is the administration because they hired all three but then again we know how good their judgement is after what they allowed to happen with KM.

I am gonna be supportive of Spoon and work my butt off suggesting players to the coaching staff of players I see here in the state of Florida.
    Good post!

+ Reply to Thread