+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R.i.P. WAC

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Re: R.i.P. WAC

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    The WAC was a good thing for Tech, and I agree that being in the WAC helped get our name out there beyond the Ark-La-Tex-Miss region, and that is a good thing. But, when you say it's the best thing since Maxie Lambright (and his brilliant Offensive Coordinator), I can't help but think of what could have been. Our former AD, Paul Miller was working with Memphis, Southern Miss, Houston, etc.. on the formation of C-USA back in the 80s and early 90s. Tech was to be a charter member of C-USA, but instead we fired Miller in favor of Jerry Stovall who promptly pulled us from C-USA and put us in the Big West. That was an enormous blow to our entire athletic department, and set our sports programs back many years. Stovall was the worst thing that has ever happened to Louisiana Tech Athletics. EVER.

When you look at the founding members of C-USA, those who continued to invest in their programs and facilities have mostly gone on to BC$ conferences. But, at least I'm not bitter about that dipshit Stovall.

Regardless, getting out of the WAC and into C-USA is a very good thing for Tech fans. The biggest hit we took when moving to the Big West was that most of our fans could not travel to any of our away games. Except for the few years that SMU, Rice and Tulsa were in the E-WAC, Tech fans have not been able to drive to an away conference game in 20 years. Things are going well for us, and better days are ahead. But, I can't help hoping that karma slaps Jerry Stovall harder than it slapped Bobby Petrino. It couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
    Thanks for the insight. This Stovall thing is brought up ever so cryptically on here from time to time and unless you were around in those days you can't make sense of it.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The WAC was a good thing for Tech, and I agree that being in the WAC helped get our name out there beyond the Ark-La-Tex-Miss region, and that is a good thing. But, when you say it's the best thing since Maxie Lambright (and his brilliant Offensive Coordinator), I can't help but think of what could have been. Our former AD, Paul Miller was working with Memphis, Southern Miss, Houston, etc.. on the formation of C-USA back in the 80s and early 90s. Tech was to be a charter member of C-USA, but instead we fired Miller in favor of Jerry Stovall who promptly pulled us from C-USA and put us in the Big West. That was an enormous blow to our entire athletic department, and set our sports programs back many years. Stovall was the worst thing that has ever happened to Louisiana Tech Athletics. EVER.

Regardless, getting out of the WAC and into C-USA is a very good thing for Tech fans.
    Cost us 20 years of opportunity.We could have been a USM or ECU or MU.

But, all that matters NOW is that WE MAKE THE VERY MOST OF THIS WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY
    !!

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

best part of getting out of the WAC...No more WAC refs!

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Why did he think the big west was better than cusa?

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Thanks for the insight. This Stovall thing is brought up ever so cryptically on here from time to time and unless you were around in those days you can't make sense of it.
    That is because it never made sense!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Now Boazy is worried where their other sports will end up. Well, you made your bed, sleep in it. And GFY.
    Green for you!!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    They say he was high on corndogs.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    Definitely one of the best parts about leaving the WAC. Also, no more screwed up replay systems, no more non-televised "WAC Championship games" against Nevada, and no more suspensions of our athletes from a hit that wasn't even called a penalty on the field.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

If you ever met the man you'd have immediately realized that he was, and still is, stupid.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    With the demise of the WAC apparently WAC refs have found employment in MLB:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...235447642.html

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

He didn't. He was very open about saying that lsubr was the flagship school of the state and he would do whatever he could to maintain that. He said this while he was employed by La. Tech as AD. I do agree that he is a gigantic dumb ass, but I also think there was some calculation to it. I really hope bad things happen to him, and I don't wish that on many people.

But, the good news is that Tech is in a better place this season than it was last season. We just need to work hard to ensure thate we are better next season, and the next, etc. This conference realignment isn't going to end with this move, so we need to begin positioning ourselves for the next round.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    With the demise of the WAC apparently WAC refs have found employment in MLB:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...235447642.html
    Wow!!! That is just flabbergasting, but still seems more legit than a 20 minute deliberation on how many downs were had....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He didn't. He was very open about saying that lsubr was the flagship school of the state and he would do whatever he could to maintain that. He said this while he was employed by La. Tech as AD. I do agree that he is a gigantic dumb ass, but I also think there was some calculation to it. I really hope bad things happen to him, and I don't wish that on many people.
    His boss and other Paul Miller haters were more concerned with making Miller look bad than looking out for Tech. We paid a heavy price for that ego trip.

Varsity Bulldog DelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    Wow!!! That is just flabbergasting, but still seems more legit than a 20 minute deliberation on how many downs were had....
    This is way more legit than what the Was A Conference refs did. At least the runner was blocking the ump's view of first and the ump thought he was further back touching the bag.
    We had 20min of replay and they still couldn't get it right.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread