+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fraternity Question

Puppy Tchefuncte Tiger is just really niceTchefuncte Tiger is just really niceTchefuncte Tiger is just really niceTchefuncte Tiger is just really niceTchefuncte Tiger is just really niceTchefuncte Tiger is just really niceTchefuncte Tiger is just really niceTchefuncte Tiger is just really nice

Fraternity Question

My son will be enrolling at LTU in the fall and wants to join a fraternity. Can anybody tell me anything about the Kappa Alpha chapter at Tech? What are some fraternities on campus?

Varsity Bulldog Tech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Fraternity Question

KA is all Shreveport guys. They are pretty meh these days to be honest. Top fraternities on campus are Sigma Nu, Pi Kappa Phi and Kappa Sigma. I'm the first in my family not to be a KA, I decided to go a different route.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

WTH is LTU?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tchefuncte Tiger View Post
    My son will be enrolling at LTU in the fall and wants to join a fraternity. Can anybody tell me anything about the Kappa Alpha chapter at Tech? What are some fraternities on campus?
    We use Louisiana Tech, Tech, LaTech.. but we don't use LTU.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Puppy Spatdawg has turned a few heads around hereSpatdawg has turned a few heads around hereSpatdawg has turned a few heads around hereSpatdawg has turned a few heads around here Spatdawg's Avatar

I like to place the fraternities in tiers. Tier 1: Kappa Sigma, Sigma Nu, PIKE Tier 2: Kappa Alpha, Pi Kappa Phi, Sigma Alpha Epsilon Tier 3: Alpha Gamma Rho Bottom: Acacia

As far as Kappa Alpha goes about two and a half years ago they had their nationals come in a drug check the whole chapter. A couple members were asked to leave after testing positive. Since then I have heard nothing but good things from them.
    Sigma Nu prolly has the most members from the Ruston area but also has some Monroe guys.
    If your son is big in sports Kappa Sigma or Sigma Nu have some of the more athletic guys in the fraternity system.
    Pi Kappa Phi has the highest GPA but it fluctuates every year b/w them Sigma Nu and Kappa Sigma.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Wow a lot of Fraternities have come and gone since I was there. Never heard of Acacia. I don't think Pi Kappa Phi was there either. Are they relatively new? What ever happened to TKE, Delta Chi, DKE?? Did they get kicked off campus.

Varsity Bulldog Tech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the roughTech15 is a jewel in the rough

Acacia blows. Pi Kapp was founded in 09ish. TKE got kicked of campus. Delta Chi flies under the radaar but they have a pretty amazing house. DKE? No idea.

DZ and DG both are no longer sororities on Techs campus.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

SAE is small but good. KA is good and I have a few former high school aged employees that have gone on to both KA and SAE and they seem happy and are making grades.. Don't know much about PIKE and have several friends who were Kappa Sig yet I wouldn't recommend them unless a lot has changed recently-which very well may have.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Fraternities suck. I wouldn't pay just to have friends.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Still waiting for Shreveportdawg to take the bait!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Still waiting for Shreveportdawg to take the bait!
    You are just mad cause the Kappa Sigs burned everyone's letters, slept with all the women, drank all the beer and whipped everyone's ass. Oh wait, that's why we got kicked off campus.

A friend of my friend said that Sigma is the coolest brotherhood. I still have some doubts whether joining is a good idea for me, as I'm really slow. And maybe I won't have enough time for everything. Cutting study time is out of the question. I'm still thinking of it at one time or another. Maybe I should contact the academic writing service.
    Last edited by hudsonmarc; 11-08-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am still regretting joining a fraternity while at another school. Great guys, but very time consuming. Didn't make grades and ended up back in Ruston. Went to work and started back in school at Tech and have never looked back. I would have been friends with the same guys even without paying to hang out with them. Still could have done some volunteer work and attended sports events with them.

Water under the bridge.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Some of it depends on your major...I was in engineering and never even wanted to join a frat (I'd recommend against it anyway but that's your business). I had a few engineering friends who made it work with Greek life but it took a huge commitment to both (for some reason the sorority engineers didn't have as much trouble).

Its up to you but bear in mind that your schooling should take precedence over everything - even sports (dare I say!).

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

GDI is the best fraternity to be in

+ Reply to Thread