+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Times

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Times

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Unprofessional. "Tech is being tight-lipped and I don't have the reporter chops to hunt down a non-Tech source." Boo hoo.

Grow up Jimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Jimmy's pissed -

He will get over it, we will get over it but it still shouldn't have been written

A little work would have shown NONE of the schools have issued formal statements -
    The article just seems like lazy, sloppy work to me (not gonna glorify it by calling it "journalism").

* Has he been so inept as not to develop off-the-record sources within the Tech athletic dept and administration?

* He obviously reads BBB and has had since at least Saturday to work up a good column on this.

* What about the countless other angles available for the column: interview fans from Tech and left-out schools like ULL, relate our inclusion to our 20 year effort to get here, do some "what ifs" with quotes, ...on and on, there are limitless creative ways to have had a great column on this.

Very disappointing and a clear lack of effort. Not something that inspires me to check The Times regularly. We know Mr. Watson is capable of much better work and will be expecting that in the future.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    The article just seems like lazy, sloppy work to me (not gonna glorify it by calling it "journalism").

* Has he been so inept as not to develop off-the-record sources within the Tech athletic dept and administration?

* He obviously reads BBB and has had since at least Saturday to work up a good column on this.

* What about the countless other angles available for the column: interview fans from Tech and left-out schools like ULL, relate our inclusion to our 20 year effort to get here, do some "what ifs" with quotes, ...on and on, there are limitless creative ways to have had a great column on this.

Very disappointing and a clear lack of effort. Not something that inspires me to check The Times regularly. We know Mr. Watson is capable of much better work and will be expecting that in the future.
    For YEARS, I've criticized the local media in north Louisiana for being L-A-Z-Y. This sad episode from Jimmy Watson just proves my point further. As you stated, Watson still hasn't developed "off the record" sources within the Tech athletic department, and yet he has been on the Tech beat for about 2 decades. Geeez....that's just pathetic.

HD

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Don't send replies to The Times. Ignore this and move on. That will make a better statement.

You're wasting time by sending notes to The Times.

+ Reply to Thread