+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NO city council punks Tulane stadium plans

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

NO city council punks Tulane stadium plans

Denied "on campus" stadium plans by zoning with a 4-2 vote

http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f...7586&start=125

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: NO city council punks Tulane stadium plans

Brief:
    Directing the City Planning Commission to conduct a public hearing to consider an amendment to the text of Article 18 of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance No. 4264 M.C.S., as amended, and the designation of such on the corresponding zoning base maps of the City of New Orleans, to consider the establishment of an Interim Zoning District, to prohibit the construction or expansion to existing structures of any building or facility within college and university campuses that will result in a building or facility in excess of 250,000 square feet of gross floor area and will cover a footprint of more than 50,000 square feet within any residential zoning district, in the area generally bounded by: the east bank of the Mississippi River, the Orleans/Jefferson Parish line, Metairie Road, Interstate 10, Norfolk-Southern Railroad track, Orleans Avenue, City Park Avenue, Wisner Boulevard, Interstate 610, Florida Boulevard, the Orleans/St. Bernard Parish line, and the Mississippi River.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

that's terrible, I guess Tulane just can't catch a break

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    that's terrible, I guess Tulane just can't catch a break
    Too bad the university founders didn't realize what a crap-hole of a city they were going to be in.....

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Too bad the university founders didn't realize what a crap-hole of a city they were going to be in.....
    No one who lived there back then would have believed it either. When Tulane was first founded in the 1830s as a medical college, New Orleans was the wealthiest city of the United States.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

That is unbelievable. You would think they would be supportive of Tulane. They really need to get out of the Dome.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Why Is The New Orleans City Council Screwing Tulane Over?

Even as a die-hard LSU fan, I can appreciate the history of Tulane Football and know firsthand the mystique of a Saturday evening with your family at a college football game, so what could be wrong with any of this? Why wouldn’t everyone be on board with helping Tulane take steps to return their football program to a level of glory that’s long been missing? Heck, they don’t even need any sort of a variance from the City’s zoning board…

On Thursday May 3rd, Guidry plans to put forth an ordnance to create an Interim Zoning District (IZD) that would effectively halt construction programs for New Orleans universities and guarantee that any project wholly within these University boundaries that would otherwise be granted a permit will have to face months of scrutiny and Council review. Guidry wants to extort a compromise for the 20 or so NIMBY zealots who are against virtually anything that Tulane wants to do on their own private property.
    http://thehayride.com/2012/05/why-is...g-tulane-over/

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

New Orleans is just plain stupid for this.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Boooooo New Orleans!!

FREE TULANE!!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Poor Tulane. That's mean.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really ticked about this. NIMBY's and CAVE's can really cause problems for urban universities and Tulane is no different. The problem Tulane has is it doesn't have much support in New Orleans. They draw many of their students from far off places and those students return to those far off places after graduation. I really hope that I can attend a game in Tulane Stadium sooner rather than later.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Tulane isn't my favorite but they deserve better than this from their own city

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I think Tulane is getting hosed and it isn't right. I also think we should pull for our fellow conference mates but as far as Tulane goes, let me put it this way: I want Tech to own the NOLA area when it comes to recruiting. I realize lsu will get theirs but after that I want Tech getting those recruits.

Anything that works towards that end is ok with me. I know its not right or pc but that's how I feel.

I guess the arguement could be made that if they can't get more than 15K in the Superdome then what are they doing building their own stadium. I think if it's Tulane building it with their own money then NO shouldn't have as much of a problem as if they were paying for it themselves

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    You should be red dotted for that one!!!

+ Reply to Thread