+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NO city council punks Tulane stadium plans

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: NO city council punks Tulane stadium plans

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Second this. One of the biggest gripes I have about Louisiana attitudes in general is one that placing anchors on your competition is a good way to go about improving your situation.

Attachment 9307

I don't want an anchor placed on anyone. I'm just straight forward about it. Tulane putting 1500 people in an empty, cavernous dome is not good for their recruiting. It helps Techs efforts down there.

Do I like the way it is going down for them or think it's fair? Hell no.

Do I want the govt. to keep them or anyone down? No.

BUT do I want our #1 competition for South La. recruits to get a brand new stadium? No. It's not good for Tech recruiting.

I do not feel that way about ECU or ODU for example because they don't really recruit our turf. But make no mistake about it New Orleans is a major battleground and in that battleground Tulane is the enemy. CUSA warm fuzzies are great but that is the truth.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

All who were around old Sugar Bowl stadium on Saturday, looking for a parking space, etc. can only appreciate what the neighborhoods surrounding the Green Wave on Willow st. are thinking. Not taking side, but you ain't seen a mess until you've seen the above 5 or 6 times a year in the Fall. Trust me, this will get worked out the "old fashioned way".

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Baton Rouge media reported that residents are concerned about crappy football being played that close to the community. Keep that horrible football downtown and out of sight. For God's sake, protect those children from the poor tackling and dropped passes inherent in Tulane football! Today is a victory for the sons and daughters of the Crescent City.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I have a graduate degree from Tulane and hate this for them, as I would for any school. It should be worked out, but I don't know how the administration didn't see this one coming.

Parking is horrible around the campus on normal days. There are also a lot of pompous, wealthy folks who live nearby. They should have seen this coming and laid the groundwork with their neighbors beforehand.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I have my own issues with Tulane but I still would rather play them inside that new stadium than in the dome. As good as it is on sunday its as bad on saturday.

+ Reply to Thread