Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
He did mention that.....in fact, he said it's providing much needed cash flow for LSUS. But, I see LSUS's "on-line" program remaining sustainable, regardless of who's in charge. In other words, the "on-line" program doesn't have to go away simply because LA Tech is in charge.

However, if LA Tech and LSUS don't merge, LSUS appears to be at risk of becoming a full-time, on-line diploma mill, ala University of Phoenix, etc... Especially if they keep losing on-campus students at the current rate. They'll become a business, rather than a true university. I'm not familiar with LSUS's current accreditation's...but some of those have to be at risk if things are as bad as we're hearing. But more importantly, I don't see how the on-line program helps local Shreveport businesses and the surrounding community any more than it helps someone living 500 miles away.
LSUS Chancellor Clark will sell this in the next few days to show the growth of LSUS. We know this online program just help keep the lights on for the campus. It has no real impact locally.

The problem with getting folks to vote for this bill is that the reps in South Louisiana will think it attacks the flagship somehow.