+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onward and upward

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Onward and upward

I have been so excited this week and can't wait for the official announcement on Friday. It will be fun reuniting with some of our old rivals and developing new ones that are closer and exciting. It will be tough, but I want to repeat what we did when we joined the WAC - win the first year we are in the conference! Go out with a bang this year by winning the WAC again and win our first year in CUSA!

While I am happy about this move, I hope none of us see it as the goal. It was an objective. We keep moving from here to even bigger and better. The old WAC was the first step, this is the second, and the third will be even better! Onward and Upward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BULLDAWGS!!!!!!!!!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Onward and upward

It will be interesting to see if this move helps take us to another level. I'm hoping for another million a year at least in revenue, another 5,000 Tech fans at football games, and another 1,000 LTAC members. I know this won't happen overnight (the million might), but I think it sounds doable within 5 years.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    While I am happy about this move, I hope none of us see it as the goal. It was an objective. We keep moving from here to even bigger and better.

Absolutely correct!

Enjoy this over the weekend, but on Monday get back to work to do what is needed to get us into the Big 12 or other "power" conference. Just like every other school in CUSA is and will be doing.

Of course it would be grand if we were able to help build CUSA into a "power" conference itself!

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

I am very happy about this years team and the move in 2013, but 2013 may not be the year some want. We have alot of Seniors on this years team and would love to have this team as the first year team in CUSA, but the 2013 team will have alot of new faces.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    I am very happy about this years team and the move in 2013, but 2013 may not be the year some want. We have alot of Seniors on this years team and would love to have this team as the first year team in CUSA, but the 2013 team will have alot of new faces.
    With the highly touted Scotty Young coming in at QB, we'll have a GOOD chance to win the CUSA title in 2013. Remember, it all starts with the QB. And we will have a VERY good QB.

HD

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

If we go 9-4 next year, what's the odds Sonny sticks around for 2013? I hear he likes it here, but so did Dooley (apparently).

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Stop dreaming of big 12..be happy where we are...big 12 will never happen...least not as the big 12 we know...guess it could happen in name only

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Stop dreaming of big 12..be happy where we are...big 12 will never happen...least not as the big 12 we know...guess it could happen in name only
    This doen't seem too far-fetched someday:

Big 12:
    Kansas
    Kansas St
    Texas Tech
    UTEP
    Tulsa
    Oklahoma St
    Iowa St

La Tech
    Tulane
    Southern Miss
    Rice
    Baylor
    SMU
    Houston

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Never! Contentment is what keeps good from becoming great. I want Tech to be great.

I'm glad we're in the CUSA finally, but now new steps need to be taken to increase attendance, improve athletic facilities, further degree programs, and build the Louisiana Tech brand.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Never! Contentment is what keeps good from becoming great. I want Tech to be great.

I'm glad we're in the CUSA finally, but now new steps need to be taken to increase attendance, improve athletic facilities, further degree programs, and build the Louisiana Tech brand.
    This!!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Being happy where you are is the surest way to stay where you are. Boise had people like you telling them not to dream big. They never listened. We are a sleeping giant.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to "be happy where you are," then you can also just support UL-X, because they're goin' NOWHERE.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Never stop dreaming. No one should ever be content about where they are in life. If we stay satisfied with the state of Tech athletics right now, other hungrier schools will pass by us in the next few years.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    This doen't seem too far-fetched someday:

Big 12:

Kansas
    Kansas St
    Texas Tech
    UTEP
    Tulsa
    Oklahoma St
    Iowa St

La Tech
    Tulane
    Southern Miss
    Rice
    Baylor
    SMU
    Houston
    And yes someday this could very well happen folks!

+ Reply to Thread