+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Times: La. Tech to accept C-USA invite today

The Times: La. Tech to accept C-USA invite today

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Times: La. Tech to accept C-USA invite today

MUCH better, Jimmy! I like how he worked in Tier 1 National Research University.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Jimmy is our friend. Even friends get miffed at each other from time to time.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

...as did Dan Eckstein who played for Green Bay and taught at Tech probably 25 years ago.

2004 Bowl Confidence & 2006 NIT Bracket Champion hoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nice

Jimmy has made his mark on me. I will not support him or his paper until changes are made. His personal opinion of Tech was made clear in his previous article. This one is not real. He doesn't care about us, he doesn't care about doing his job well; he only is concerned with not losing the money he makes from his job.

Bulldog Jack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Jack Mayhoffer's Avatar

Lighten up, Francis!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopdawg View Post
    Jimmy has made his mark on me. I will not support him or his paper until changes are made. His personal opinion of Tech was made clear in his previous article. This one is not real. He doesn't care about us, he doesn't care about doing his job well; he only is concerned with not losing the money he makes from his job.
    "Off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros and a Leon Spinks, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever!"

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Please remember that the more you click on positive stories, the more impact it makes. I know most of us don't read the Monroe paper anymore, because of their pushing us to the side, but I still check out what stories are there and click and read any positive ones. It is important if we want the media to realize that we are hungry for positive articles about Tech. They check the clicks. I was disappointed in Jimmy yesterday, but he made up for it this morning with the slipping in of a few things that he didn't have to slip in. The part that bothered me the most about yesterday was the slide in comment about the LSUS merger. That didn't belong in that article. Just remember that it can be a viscious cycle. Show him some love when it is positive and honest.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Our (mine and Jimmy) mom's favorite quote: "Careful not to bite the hand that feeds you."

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

That was a professional piece. Good job Jimmy!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    That was a professional piece. Good job Jimmy!
    That was my main concern with the piece yesterday. It was childish.

If you wan't to write an opinion piece expressing your unhappiness with Tech, fine. Just make it sound intelligent and try not to sound like you just got jilted for your sophomore Homecoming dance.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    That was my main concern with the piece yesterday. It was childish.

If you wan't to write an opinion piece expressing your unhappiness with Tech, fine. Just make it sound intelligent and try not to sound like you just got jilted for your sophomore Homecoming dance.
    Two main reasons I thought the column was garbage: whining about not getting the scoop and the LSUS merger comment.

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    That was a professional piece.
    TWSS, on behalf of Champ967. Just couldn't resist.

2004 Bowl Confidence & 2006 NIT Bracket Champion hoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nice

Thanks for your email. It indeed is an opinion column and it was Jimmy’s opinion that the school – not the athletic department – could have handled this better by being at least a little more forthcoming. It is a fairly standard procedure to confirm news before the news conference so the school/team/organization gets additional publicity in addition to coverage of the news conference.
    Hope that helps explain things a little bit.

Thanks again for your email and interest.

Scott Ferrell

+ Reply to Thread