+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today is THE DAY

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Re: Today is THE DAY

I feel a deep sense of relief! If this had gone the other way and we had been shut out, I don't think I could have endured crash. With the WAC dying, the thought of going into the Sunbelt was too horrible to think about! So, I have as much joy for the CUSA invite as I do for the dodging of the bullet labled Sunbelt member!! May sound strange but that is how I find myselft. Tech is back up where it is supposed to be.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Wow, I'm having a hard time trying to work today.
    Today?

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

2 Hours!!!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by localdawg View Post
    2 Hours!!!
    43 minutes

Varsity Bulldog Benson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really nice

heading to TAC now!! oh ya!!!!

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

I want to be there >_< but it is just to hot to walk there =/

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    I want to be there >_< but it is just to hot to walk there =/
    They will have the A/C on when you get there.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We will always remember the WAC fondly. It's a shame the WAC got whacked! It was a good conference. Yet, most schools never seemed to appreciate it. So many programs rose to prominence while members of the WAC. Guess you start with Arizona and Arizona State, BYU, TCU, Boazy, the list goes on. It was certainly good for Louisiana Tech.

Both Rice and Fresno won baseball NC while members of the WAC.

Boazy and Hawaii played in BcS Bowls out of the WAC.

Yet, even during the height of all of that success, all members did was bash the WAC. Never made sense to me.

Anyway, we enjoyed our affiliation with all WACsters. Good luck to all!
    Very good post Dawg80. Very accurate. I never understaood why everybody wanted out of the WAC so badly. It was a GREAT conference for LA Tech in the early 2000's (before we were stranded), and it remained very competitive right up to the very end.

LA Tech needs to win the WAC football title again this fall, and earn the WAC one last round of national recognition. We can do it, with a big season. And then we'll happily turn out the lights on the WAC.

HD

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Well....looks like LFR finally got some good results.....great to be in CUSA!!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Very good post Dawg80. Very accurate. I never understaood why everybody wanted out of the WAC so badly. It was a GREAT conference for LA Tech in the early 2000's (before we were stranded), and it remained very competitive right up to the very end.

LA Tech needs to win the WAC football title again this fall, and earn the WAC one last round of national recognition. We can do it, with a big season. And then we'll happily turn out the lights on the WAC.

HD
    Yep...last school out...turn out the lights!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Yep...last school out...turn out the lights!
    We'll be the last real champion...........for sure.

HD

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Just returned from the press conference, and all I can say is I am PROUD to be a DAWG. All I could think about was how long some had been waiting for this day...conferences are kinda like girlfriends...you are enamored with them when you start...you experience up and downs during the relationship...then you decide to move on. When you decide to move on you learn from the previous relationships and always look for something better and never settle for less. I was glad to be in the WAC...glad we are getting while the getting is good...and EXCITEDTO BE PART OF C*USA!!!

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Well....looks like LFR finally got some good results.....great to be in CUSA!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Just returned from the press conference, and all I can say is I am PROUD to be a DAWG. All I could think about was how long some had been waiting for this day...conferences are kinda like girlfriends...you are enamored with them when you start...you experience up and downs during the relationship...then you decide to move on. When you decide to move on you learn from the previous relationships and always look for something better and never settle for less. I was glad to be in the WAC...glad we are getting while the getting is good...and EXCITEDTO BE PART OF C*USA!!!
    Like girlfriends? Those come a dime a dozen. Tech needs to find a good longterm relationship with a conference....a wife! A mate who is better than you deserve. Certainly, like in my case! Heck, if Tech were to do as well in finding a longterm great conference as I did 'luckin' into my marriage, that means S-E-C! here we come.

+ Reply to Thread