+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome to C-USA!

Puppy ECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really nice

Welcome to C-USA!

Glad to have La Tech in C-USA. My Pirates should be in the Big East but oh well. Should be one more team to come look for ODU to say yes next week. But if they don't who would ya'll like to have as #14? The team will have to be eastern. I say MTSU, FAU, or JMU.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Welcome to C-USA!

You've earned the right to pick #14. We'll be happy with whoever you want.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ECU_PIRATE View Post
    Glad to have La Tech in C-USA. My Pirates should be in the Big East but oh well. Should be one more team to come look for ODU to say yes next week. But if they don't who would ya'll like to have as #14? The team will have to be eastern. I say MTSU, FAU, or JMU.
    Thanks, JMU sounds like the best choice.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Georgia State could be strong in just a few years.

Puppy ECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really niceECU_PIRATE is just really nice

Well I guess I'm hoping ODU wants to move up from FCS. But if not I don't know? MTSU has pretty good football and basketball plus Nashville market. FAU has an awesome new stadium and a huge upside. JMU is in our area in western VA has a great FCS football progream and their stadium is already at FBS level.

Big Dog dch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the rough

I think MTSU would be a great choice. Decent football and basketball. In addition, another Belt team gone will make that conference even weaker, and after the merger we might finally be done with the gnat that are the ULX's.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pirate! I think we all know how attractive ECU and even SO Miss should be to a conference. But selfishly I am glad to share one with you guys. Louisiana Tech is committed to progressing our athletics and building C-USA into a competitor that rivals the Big LEAST and ACC.

this may be an unpopular opinion around this board, but I would like to see MTSU. I think C-USA is just the break they need to turn the page and become a respectable football school. At this point, I think we have the "big market teams" but need to add schools who have immediate and long term potential of WINNING. I dont see another team available that fits.

EDIT: I would definitely have said Ark. State if they were not as close to our recruiting grounds. They seem poised to turn a corner and C-USA could put them over as well. Also would have liked to add Texas State if it would have worked out with balanced divisions.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I would rather go with Georgia Southern than Georgia State.

Don't let Georgia States market fool you. Here in Atlanta with ALL the other sports that go on in this town along with UGA and TECH, Georgia State would be lucky to get a 5 second mention on radio or TV. And their fan base is so small and non-traditional that it would take an amazing streak for them to get any recognition.

Georgia Southern on the other hand would be better because they DO have a strong following in Football as well as a winning tradition (albeit at I-AA) and are in an area of the State that is devoid of any program. And some of their accomplishments do get mentioned in this market. And they would make a good bridge between NC and FL.

But since they(Georgia Southern) haven't been on the radar than I guess MTSU would be alright.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dch028 View Post
    I think MTSU would be a great choice. Decent football and basketball. In addition, another Belt team gone will make that conference even weaker, and after the merger we might finally be done with the gnat that are the ULX's.
    Are you nuts? Seriously? MTSU? The same MTSU that finished last football season 2-10?? The same MTSU that has had a losing record for 8 of the last 10 football seasons?

I don't understand the affection for the MTSU program. You guys would be SCREAMING for your coaches head if he finished 2-10. I know I would. And I guarantee you LA Tech would not have been admitted to CUSA with a 2-10 record. Why the difference in standards?

Geez, we spend half our adult lives trying to GET AWAY from direction schools like MTSU, and the first thing you want to do is crawl back in the hole with 'em. You might as well invite ULM. There's very little difference.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 05-04-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

If ODU drops out, and I do not think they will, I would prefer JMU/Appy State. Both good programs with tons of potential. Just do not have that market thingy....

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Are you nuts? Seriously? MTSU? The same MTSU that finished last football season 2-10?? The same MTSU that has had a losing record for 8 of the last 10 football seasons?

I don't understand the affection for the MTSU program. You guys would be SCREAMING for your coaches head if he finished 2-10. I know I would. And I guarantee you LA Tech would not have been admitted to CUSA with a 2-10 record. Why the difference in standards?

Geez, we spend half our adult lives trying to GET AWAY from direction schools like MTSU, and the first thing you want to do is crawl back in the hole with 'em. You might as well invite ULM. There's very little difference.

HD
    I agree, I hope now that we are members we will fight to keep any UL-u pick ems and MUTS out of the conference. NO MORE SUN BELT.

+ Reply to Thread