+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It was a good event

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: It was a good event

Proving once again, no matter how good something is, BB&B finds a way to complain about it.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Proving once again, no matter how good something is, BB&B finds a way to complain about it.
    A little constructive criticism never hurt anybody; my comments clearly stated I thought it was great, even pointing out it was much better than the press conferences of the other new conference mates. It just goes to show that no matter how good something was, it could have been better. I think that when our budget increases and our staff grows we will be better able to handle these little details.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    A little constructive criticism never hurt anybody; my comments clearly stated I thought it was great, even pointing out it was much better than the press conferences of the other new conference mates. It just goes to show that no matter how good something was, it could have been better. I think that when our budget increases and our staff grows we will be better able to handle these little details.
    We didn't need more budget OR more staff to handle "these little details.":icon_wink:

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    We didn't need more budget OR more staff to handle "these little details.":icon_wink:
    Just hopeful it might change. But, I agree with you. Hell, if I could think of it, why couldn't they? A simple brainstorming session should have done it.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Just hopeful it might change. But, I agree with you. Hell, if I could think of it, why couldn't they? A simple brainstorming session should have done it.
    Frankly, they just weren't willing to put in a little extra time. The charm of Ruston is that everyone is not always insisting on being number one. Unfortunately, it also creates an atmosphere where less-than-the-best is recognized for what it is, but is accepted rather than confronted. Harmony is more prized than excellence. Excellence is recognized and valued, but not valued above harmony. Consequently, laziness, or its cousin apathy, are never "called to the carpet." DR appears completely lacking in imagination, never asking how we might do things in new and exciting ways, but rather always looking to past procedure for guidance.

The staff, taking its cue from the top, act accordingly. In 25 years DR has only been truly pressured by alumni perhaps five (or fewer) times. Each time has resulted in significant action. The pressure should have been, and needs to be, extended beyond the most critical of issues and into matters that are merely "important." And quite soon, there needs to be pressure for a fait accompli, his retirement.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

I think we are a little to hard on DR when one takes into consideration the whole picture. Our university has moved from generally unknown beyond it's immediate region, so/so respect for it's degrees, to national recognition of it's excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    I think we are a little to hard on DR when one takes into consideration the whole picture. Our university has moved from generally unknown beyond it's immediate region, so/so respect for it's degrees, to national recognition of it's excellence.
    I could write a short book about the ways he has harmed Tech. I could write a few pages regarding his successes. Measure the progress over a quarter of a century and you begin to understand the paltry growth trajectory.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

I could write a short book about the ways he has harmed Tech. I could write a few pages regarding his successes. Measure the progress over a quarter of a century and you begin to understand the paltry growth trajectory.
    I don't disagree that we could have moved faster, but few understand how low we were. For example, had I not been on the Operating Committee of a major Corp and fought to keep Tech on the approved recruiting list, we would have been dropped.

I don't disagree that we could have moved faster, but few understand how low we were. For example, had I not been on the Operating Committee of a major Corp and fought to keep Tech on the approved recruiting list, we would have been dropped.
    What time frame was that?

What time frame was that?
    Early to mid 90's

Early to mid 90's
    DR became president in 1987. He'd already been the president for 5 or 6 years by the time you had to rescue us from being dropped from a major company's approved recruiting list. To me, that's just another example for indictment, not endorsement.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

....but few understand how low we were....

The question is how did we get to that point in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread