+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It was a good event

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

It was a good event

Good crowd, good media presence, good (short) speeches.

Dr. Reneau and Bruce did well (I thought Bruce did VERY well).

Commissioner Banowski seemed duly impressed.

Glad I was able to attend.

And, we even had popcorn and lemonade.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: It was a good event

Do you have an estimate of how many people were there?

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

around 1500?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

No idea. T-Mo's pix may give us a good idea of how many.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

I'd be curious to know how the crowd compared to the other new additions announced today.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I missed popcorn and lemonade?!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Good crowd, good media presence, good (short) speeches.

Dr. Reneau and Bruce did well (I thought Bruce did VERY well).

Commissioner Banowski seemed duly impressed.

Glad I was able to attend.

I agree on all accounts. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Bruce sounds very professional in front of a microphone. I think he represents us well. He does as great job articulating his messages. On the other hand, DR struggles. For him to be such a smart man, he's just not very articulate.

No one will ever admit it.......but I GUARANTEE you this holds us back and hurts us at times.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    I wasn't watching him very close. Maybe Dwayne got your's.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree on all accounts. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Bruce sounds very professional in front of a microphone. I think he represents us well. He does as great job articulating his messages. On the other hand, DR struggles. For him to be such a smart man, he's just not very articulate.

No one will ever admit it.......but I GUARANTEE you this holds us back and hurts us at times.
    It's gotten progressively worse the past several years too. Even his prepared statements these days are kind of clunky and awkward to me. I'm no professional public speaker by any means, but then again, it's not part of my job description to be in the public spotlight either.

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Don't miss out on the real party next Friday night at Tech & Tails V in Bossier City--That goes for everyone, not just you garddawg since I see that you are in Atlanta. We will have crawfish, catfish, jambalaya and plenty of cold beer!

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    I'd be curious to know how the crowd compared to the other new additions announced today.
    The UNT presser was for the press. UNT will have an event for fans on Tuesday. The commissioner arrived after it started but did attend and speak.
    Last edited by MG61; 05-04-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

We really enjoyed the Event very much. I wasn't there to look for errors by the speakers or their spaeking abilities if there were any - just to see their joy of having made the accomplishment of their efforts pay off. DR was like a proud papa. He spoke like one. His expertise is knowing the ropes to extend La. Tech academically and how to apply that to the Sports scene at Tech. He now has the understanding of how Sports and Academics play hand in hand with one another to better the La. Tech reach even higher goals.

Today's attendance was very impressive to say the least. We did enjoyed the popcorn. Great time and it was worth the drive from Shreveport. As the Commisioner said "We have the best trained mascot in the league" (a toy Champ sitting on the stage)

Bulldog DAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around here

It was very interesting that our past membership in the Sun Belt was not mentioned in DR's remarks. No love lost!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG TIME View Post
    It was very interesting that our past membership in the Sun Belt was not mentioned in DR's remarks. No love lost!
    You do realize we were never a football member of the Sunbelt?

HD

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You do realize we were never a football member of the Sunbelt?

HD
    But he specifically mentioned the American South in other sports and then getting WAC membership. Nothing about the Sun Belt years. Not a coincidence if you ask me. That's why I posted about the Sun Belt snub as soon as he said (or better put didn't say) it.

+ Reply to Thread