+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ODU

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: ODU

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No more belchers! Let 'em all rot where they are.

Gawd! payback is hell, ain't it!
    I sincerely hope that all those fans of Arkansas State, UL-L and Troy soon realize the damage they have done with their "anti-Tech" tirades. They hoped we would get stranded like Idaho and they hoped they would get the opportunity to say to us "no thanks" when we came "crawling back" to the Sun Belt.

As far as I'm concerned, they have sealed their fates. As of yesterday, Louisiana Tech is in the "cat-bird" seat. They will get to move up if WE agree to allow it...and personally I want to keep a BOOT ON THAT NECK. You bozos made your bed, now you will sleep in it.

And for the record, we will defend UNT and FIU to the limits. We are now brothers. The rest of you...ehhhh screw em.

Welcome to the NEW WORLD ORDER.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Did anyone else notice that ODU's student activity fee must be from $1200 to $1500 a semester with about one-third going to athletics?

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    Did anyone else notice that ODU's student activity fee must be from $1200 to $1500 a semester with about one-third going to athletics?
    $23,662,377 revenue from student fees (2009-2010 figure) with a total listed enrollment of 24,466 would be $967 per student to athletics per year.

ODU total revenues are close to double Tech's, but Tech has almost the same amount of self-generated revenues as ODU. This is why Tech needs to infuse a couple of million in student fee revenue per year to begin to level the playing field. At least now that is at least a possibility with the new Board of Regents funding rules.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

i for one would LOVE MTSU to be the last member of CUSA... of course i am moving to Nashville in a few months, so it is purely from teh selfish reason of wanting to watch the Dogs in person. :-)

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman;1230647[U
    ]i for one[/U] would LOVE MTSU to be the last member of CUSA... of course i am moving to Nashville in a few months, so it is purely from teh selfish reason of wanting to watch the Dogs in person. :-)
    You would certainly be the ONLY one.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    i for one would LOVE MTSU to be the last member of CUSA... of course i am moving to Nashville in a few months, so it is purely from teh selfish reason of wanting to watch the Dogs in person. :-)
    I wouldn't say I would "love" to see MTSU, but I'd much rather them over ODU.

Puppy SkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSkunkApeKiller Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    UTEP is still moving to the MWC (1 year +/-). What does that do to the equation?
    When the Big East raids the MWC (again) there is no way UTEP joins the MWC...check out my thread called SkunkApeKiller Manifesto 2.0.

All this backslapping (La-Tech) and second guessing (Texas State) is far from over...

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    $23,662,377 revenue from student fees (2009-2010 figure) with a total listed enrollment of 24,466 would be $967 per student to athletics per year.

ODU total revenues are close to double Tech's, but Tech has almost the same amount of self-generated revenues as ODU. This is why Tech needs to infuse a couple of million in student fee revenue per year to begin to level the playing field. At least now that is at least a possibility with the new Board of Regents funding rules.
    Paging DR

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    I wouldn't say I would "love" to see MTSU, but I'd much rather them over ODU.
    Really?? At least ODU is a respected academic school.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Really?? At least ODU is a respected academic school.
    I think it's awesome CUSA is making academics a consideration. I just think it's one too many FCS schools moving up at one time.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want a SINGLE additional team from the Belch. The issue is not facilities or even the abiliity to compete. The issue is ATTITUDE. Directional Tennessee and ULL lead the parade of Belch schools with provincial, self-centered attitudes. They view the world as a fixed quantity where for one party to gain, another must lose. They are untrustworthy, unsupportive, back-biting, small-minded universities that would consistently reflect poorly on the ideals that we hold in esteem. They value quantity over quality to the confused extent that they believe quantity IS quality. There is NO foundational commonality upon which to base healthy, mutual respect.
    Last edited by LookingForResults; 05-05-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want a SINGLE additional team from the Belch. The issue is not facilities or even the abiliity to compete. The issue is ATTITUDE. Directional Tennessee and ULL lead the parade of Belch schools with provincial, self-centered attitudes. They view the world as a fixed quantity where for one party to gain, another must lose. They are untrustworthy, unsupportive, back-biting, small-minded universities that would consistently reflect poorly on the ideals that we hold in esteem. They value quantity over quality to the confused extent that they believe quantity IS quality. There is NO basis upon which to base healthy, mutual respect.
    Very well put!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want a SINGLE additional team from the Belch. The issue is not facilities or even the abiliity to compete. The issue is ATTITUDE. Directional Tennessee and ULL lead the parade of Belch schools with provincial, self-centered attitudes. They view the world as a fixed quantity where for one party to gain, another must lose. They are untrustworthy, unsupportive, back-biting, small-minded universities that would consistently reflect poorly on the ideals that we hold in esteem. They value quantity over quality to the confused extent that they believe quantity IS quality. There is NO basis upon which to base healthy, mutual respect.
    THIS. I've seen the light on these folks over the last year or so. No more SBC's...their mindset is NOT the same as ours.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I don't want a SINGLE additional team from the Belch. The issue is not facilities or even the abiliity to compete. The issue is ATTITUDE. Directional Tennessee and ULL lead the parade of Belch schools with provincial, self-centered attitudes. They view the world as a fixed quantity where for one party to gain, another must lose. They are untrustworthy, unsupportive, back-biting, small-minded universities that would consistently reflect poorly on the ideals that we hold in esteem. They value quantity over quality to the confused extent that they believe quantity IS quality. There is NO foundational commonality upon which to base healthy, mutual respect.
    Hit the nail on the head!!! Green for you!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I sincerely hope that all those fans of Arkansas State, UL-L and Troy soon realize the damage they have done with their "anti-Tech" tirades. They hoped we would get stranded like Idaho and they hoped they would get the opportunity to say to us "no thanks" when we came "crawling back" to the Sun Belt.

As far as I'm concerned, they have sealed their fates. As of yesterday, Louisiana Tech is in the "cat-bird" seat. They will get to move up if WE agree to allow it...and personally I want to keep a BOOT ON THAT NECK. You bozos made your bed, now you will sleep in it.

And for the record, we will defend UNT and FIU to the limits. We are now brothers. The rest of you...ehhhh screw em.

Welcome to the NEW WORLD ORDER.
    DAMN right!!!!! Green for you!

+ Reply to Thread