+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Florida State/Clemson to B12?

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Florida State/Clemson to B12?

I have been saying for weeks now that the Big 12's main problem is that they won't get their head out of the ND/Arky/BYU clouds. And when that's where you're looking, everything else is a disappointment. Even FSU and Clemson. *Especially* the likes of Louisville. It's one of the main reasons I have been less than worried about the probability of Louisville leaving. They still want Notre Dame.

With the TV money the BE is probably looking at, absent more bloodletting, I find it vanishingly unlikely that Boise and SDSU back out. At this point, I think it's less unlikely that the MWC loses AFA than that they get those two back.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

If the dominos cause the Big East to lose members who do you think they will go after ?

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

My fear? The one that has me breaking out into a cold sweat? Villanova.

I believe AFA is the priority with or without further losses. From there it depends on who is lost. Assuming they hold on to the western arm, there may be a push for UNLV, Fresno, or someone along those lines. The football schools don't need the basketball schools to add FBOs anymore. If they want an all-sports member, I think Tulsa is a possibility. USM and UTEP are not out of the question, nor some cultural candidate like Tulane. But I think they'd need to be hard-up. I think ECU is screwed because of, irony of ironies, geography.

If they can have 12 remaining (either they lose one or lose two but gain AFA), though, I don't think they'll expand at all.

If there were to be expansion and I had my druthers, I'd look primarily at going after one of the Big Four from Conference USA (west to east): Tulsa, LaTech, USM, and/or ECU.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread