+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CORNERSTONE Member of C-USA

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: CORNERSTONE Member of C-USA

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Not only that 70TECHGRAD, but because LA Tech is right in the center of CUSA, we will very likely be the beneficiary of more CUSA visitors than any other CUSA school. It will be easier for more CUSA schools to travel to Ruston than anywhere else.
    Very well thought out, HogDawg. We may have to add more seating and that is a good thing!

Puppy usm70 is an unknown

Re: CORNERSTONE Member of C-USA

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Now that this thing is finally over and we are in, I began to think about what Bruce Van De Velde said yesterday in his remarks, as Papadawg and I literally sat on the edge of our seats in the TAC: "Louisiana Tech is a University that is not built on 'where we ARE', rather, 'where we are GOING.' We choose to not just EXIST in Conference USA, we choose to EXCEL." And it got me to thinking...

I envision Louisiana Tech becoming a CORNERSTONE member of C-USA, meaning, taking a leadership role in our conference in terms of support, influence, and overall competition. We will be the University that is FIERCELY LOYAL and defends its fellow members (after all we ARE BULLDOGS, right?), works like heck to not just protect our boat, but literally raise the entire fleet.

Make no mistake. WE ARE going to bring it. We're going to bring it to Houston. To Denton. To San Antonio and El Paso. We're going to bring it to Hattiesburg...to Huntington...and to Tulsa. We're going to bring it to Greenville, Charlotte and Birmingham. And to Miami. Our colors of Red and Blue, our rabid fan base continuing to grow and cheering madly for our DAWGS.

We are going to leave everything we have on the fields, the courts, the tracks and the diamonds. And when it is all over, we will acknowledge our opponents as worthy foes. Then we will shake their hands...and leave together with them as brothers and sisters.

Conference USA has just invited us to the table, and our new conference mates don't know us that well yet. But they will look back on May 4, 2012 as the best decision they ever made.

July 1, 2013 is a NEW DAY...and the BEGINNING of what will become the newest CORNERSTONE member.

Dam* sounds good to me! Can I join?

+ Reply to Thread