+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Observations

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Random Observations

Academy Sports in S'Port, Bossier, and WM was a pre-game show sponsor.

Tech went 11-1 against the spread this year. An 8 game streak of covering the spread (after Hawaii) would have turned a $25 wager into $3200 if a person "let it ride".

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Random Observations

I bought a lot of Tech stuff from Academy this year. I hope they get some new and interesting things soon though.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Lou Holtz is normally a topic of conversation at the expense of his speech impediment, but I've heard MUCH more about his performance during our bowl game than ever before. None of it has been positive. It's time for ESPN to get him out of the booth.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. I watched a few minutes of the broadcast which my wife DVR'd for us (thanks HONEY!! ) and i was like...wow.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

I kept trying to figure out what he was looking at while the cameras were on the announcers? Mark May and Joe Tessitore were looking at the audience, Lou was staring down the whole time. Was there an episode of Gunsmoke playing on one of the tv's or something?

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Random observation: The team did not stay for the alma mater after the game.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Random observation: The team did not stay for the alma mater after the game.
    They were in a hurry to get off the field, out of respect for TCU, and the presentation of the Bowl trophy. The thought crossed my mind too...but I understand why they did it now.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

LA Tech football helmet on cross at St Vincent Mall near Sears. Very cool last-minute gift idea for Tech fan

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    They were in a hurry to get off the field, out of respect for TCU, and the presentation of the Bowl trophy. The thought crossed my mind too...but I understand why they did it now.
    Dave said toward the end of the game that they were going to be pushed for time to make the flight. If we had won or OT?

Stopped in Academy WM after lunch today. They aren't giving Tech a chance to sell. Equal amount to nlulm stuff. Gobs of lsu stuff with lots of toothless people buying it.

Varsity Bulldog redman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Dave said toward the end of the game that they were going to be pushed for time to make the flight. If we had won or OT?

Stopped in Academy WM after lunch today. They aren't giving Tech a chance to sell. Equal amount to nlulm stuff. Gobs of lsu stuff with lots of toothless people buying it.
    San Diego has a Noise Ordinance and flights can not leave the airport after 11:30, so they were crunched for time. There were two flights for the team, staff, cheer, Reneau & Co., etc and they were wheels up about 11:00 and 11:15 respectively.
    If there had been OT they would have been looking for hotel rooms for another night.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I don't see enough official LA Tech license plates around. So I may have told the lady at ANC Auto Title in Shreveport that if the folks on the Tech message board knew she had LA Tech plates they would sell out in a week. She said the plates came in boxes of 10 so I told her to order a box and then me and Mrs. Chip bought the first 2. She has 8 left. Mine was to register my new pickup, but Mrs. Chip just changed her plate which was only about 6 months old, and it only cost $27 after showing her current registration and insurance card.

Talk to Sherri (318) 550-0417
    ANC Auto Title
    5228 Greenwood Road (Hwy 80)
    Shreveport, LA 71109

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

My vehicles are already 100% Tech plated

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    My vehicles are already 100% Tech plated
    Tech plate on front, Tech plate on the back and two state-T's in the back window. (mine)

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    Tech plate on front, Tech plate on the back and two state-T's in the back window. (mine)
    Yep, I remember seein' you pass by on Coursey Blvd all the time!

Of course I've got my Texas LaTech license plates on my car. I got 'em the first day they were available, and my old one from Louisiana is still in my garage as a souvenir!

The lady at ANC Auto Title in Shreveport said she still had several LA Tech license plates they only cost $27 and you should bring your current registration and insurance card.

Call Sherri (318) 550-0417
    ANC Auto Title
    5228 Greenwood Road (Hwy 80)
    Shreveport, LA 71109

+ Reply to Thread