+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Cavaliers CFN preview

Bulldog BR Bulldog is an unknown

Virginia Cavaliers CFN preview

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1187194.html

Gonna be a tough game for the Dawgs, but winnable for sure.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Virginia Cavaliers CFN preview

Great away trip. My father and I went up there last year. I hope some of y'all go.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I do plan on going. Late spring in Virginia, should be perfect weather.

Anyone else plan on going?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    I do plan on going. Late spring in Virginia, should be perfect weather.

Anyone else plan on going?
    I'm planning on it.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Late spring in Virginia, should be perfect weather.
    ?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Probably the key take away from the article:

"Virginia has not only lost more than half of last year’s defensive starters to graduation, but the pass D is going to be particularly vulnerable. Three new starters must be broken in up front and in the secondary, as many of those heralded recruits from the past three years begin to get their first really good opportunities to make a statement. The unit is going to be very talented, but also very young, especially in the early stages of the 2012 campaign."

I am really glad we are getting them this year and not next. I think they are about a year away from truly jelling as a very good team. Had they shown up in their final regular season game against VT at home, I would be much more worried about this year. But they laid a huge egg in a game with a lot on the line and with a lot to prove and circumstances in their favor. They did not step up to the challenge.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the game I worry about the most on our schedule.

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

I'm definitely going to be at this game with only a short 5 hour drive between my home and Charlottesville. I think it's definitely going to be a battle, and I hope to see a good turnout of Tech fans, even as far from Louisiana as it is.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This is the game I worry about the most on our schedule.
    Really?

They are underachievers. I think we roll in there and take them down. I don't know....I just think this one is very winnable.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    Really?

They are underachievers. I think we roll in there and take them down. I don't know....I just think this one is very winnable.
    I just can't put a finger on why it scares me. On the road, under rated aq team, and they will be extremely hungry. Don't get me wrong, though. We SHOULD take this game.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Last year Idaho took them to OT or at least played them very close. They sure will not be overlooking a team from the WAC this year.

The thing about UVA that they are very talented, very young, and have a good young coach. With that combination anything can happen. They can look great one week and terrible the next. That is why I said I think it is going to take one more year for UVA to solidify into a really good team. We are catching them at a good time in their schedule this year, but wish us and TCU were switched. I I look for this one to be the toughest game of the year.

UVA 6 Game Schedule

Richmond
    Penn State
    At Georgia Tech
    At TCU
    Tech
    At Duke

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

They're going to be starving for a win after starting 1-3. This game scares me, but no more than the A&M game. Limit the mistakes and we could win this one pretty handily.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Y'all should beat Texas A&M and Virginia. They both lost most of their better players.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss3613 View Post
    Y'all should beat Texas A&M and Virginia. They both lost most of their better players.
    I'd like to believe we can win both of those games as well. If we can make it past these two games, we could have a very special season.

I see USM went to UVA last year and came out with a win. How would you compare last season's Cavs with other common opponents (Nevada, Houston, & La Tech)?

I would say both the offensive and defensive lines of UVA were the biggest we saw all year. They kept them in the game against us. Their QB was probably the 5th or 6th best we saw. They had some good players, but they all graduated. Their QB may be improved, but he seemed to hold onto the ball for way too long. I can't believe we didn't beat them by more. I am betting their lines will once again be huge. It would be hard to gauge them against any of the three teams you listed above. Our game against y'all would have been completely different without the tropical storm and could have gone either way. They did seem more physical than Nevada or Houston. Controlling the lines will be key.

+ Reply to Thread