+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about WHY this is such a great move....

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Re: Lets talk about WHY this is such a great move....

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    I gotta tell you, I'm really looking forward to starting some of these annual rivalries.
    The North Texas series really intrigues me for some reason.
    And Tulane can no longer avoid playing us....we've got to own that matchup over the next several years.
    And then there's Rice. Another one that just gets me excited.

But the big one, to me at least, is the Southern Miss matchup. Man, I hope they are our permanent cross-division rival. That would be awesome.
    I think your justified with your comment about UNT, while at first they don't stand out as a marquee match-up or rival. They just built a brand new 80MM stadium and the athletic village so its jus a matter of time before they improve and compete at a higher level making a more worthy opponent for TECH.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    I gotta tell you, I'm really looking forward to starting some of these annual rivalries.
    The North Texas series really intrigues me for some reason.
    And Tulane can no longer avoid playing us....we've got to own that matchup over the next several years.
    And then there's Rice. Another one that just gets me excited.

But the big one, to me at least, is the Southern Miss matchup. Man, I hope they are our permanent cross-division rival. That would be awesome.
    It has been MANY years since TECH has had a rivalry game that was an EVENT...like the yearly rivalry game against Northwestern State University (Northwestern State College at that time). Everyone always looked forward to that game...even more so than the homecoming game. Even Terry Bradshaw gets excited when talking about how he threw a pass in the last few seconds of the Northwestern game to win it!!! We need to do this with Southern Miss. It could be the game of the year.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    It has been MANY years since TECH has had a rivalry game that was an EVENT...like the yearly rivalry game against Northwestern State University (Northwestern State College at that time). Everyone always looked forward to that game...even more so than the homecoming game. Even Terry Bradshaw gets excited when talking about how he threw a pass in the last few seconds of the Northwestern game to win it!!! We need to do this with Southern Miss. It could be the game of the year.
    From a competition standpoint I think USM will be become our rivalry game. Due to long history and similar cultures. They are like us, a "college town" and there is just something different about a college town vs a metropolitan commuter college. But I also think UNT can develop into a rivalry. Mainly because there are just so many alumni in the DFW metroplex. We are gonna kick their butt and talk smack and thats gonna rile them up. Developing into a heated rivalry.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Agree, and that's what is so exciting to me.
    With this move, we are on the doorstep of developing some really interesting geographically relevant Rivals.
    I so look forward to the day when a couple of those contests become, as you said, an EVENT....that draws excitment in the fanbase and turns into a big gameday experience.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg View Post
    From a competition standpoint I think USM will be become our rivalry game. Due to long history and similar cultures. They are like us, a "college town" and there is just something different about a college town vs a metropolitan commuter college. But I also think UNT can develop into a rivalry. Mainly because there are just so many alumni in the DFW metroplex. We are gonna kick their butt and talk smack and thats gonna rile them up. Developing into a heated rivalry.
    It will be hard to build a serious rivalry with USM because with them being in the east and us in the west we won't play them every year

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Lucky for USM.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    It will be hard to build a serious rivalry with USM because with them being in the east and us in the west we won't play them every year
    Good point but may be we can play them in the annual championship game often.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    Good point but may be we can play them in the annual championship game often.
    I like that

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I haven't seen anything that would prevent Tech and USM from playing each other as cross-divisional rivals every year. 1 of the 2 cross-divisional games can be USM every year while rotating the other game between the remaining Eastern Division teams. If everyone else can do it, why couldn't CUSA? Seems it would be pretty stupid to not showcase a possible marquee game for the conference.

But then again, if Tech and USM are in the championship game every year, the constant rematches may get tiresome. Let's be honest though, that's not going to happen every year.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

So much potential for rivalry! Maybe playing in a conference that is regional we can finally affirm our recruiting borders like Alexandria to El Dorado and Vicksburg to Longview... That should be LA Tech Bulldawg Recruiting Territory! Maybe start keeping a few 4 stars because we'll have many bowl tie ins and the families can travel short distances and see their kids play often. Put Billboards up in the areas mentioned above plastering LA Tech & C-USA so you know they go together. Gets me excited just thinking about it! And playing IN New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio every other year! Possibilities are endless!

BTW- since I may be moving to DFW, I'm pretty excited about the North Texas potential rivalry as well as the old WAC rival, Tulsa!

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by localdawg View Post
    So much potential for rivalry! Maybe playing in a conference that is regional we can finally affirm our recruiting borders like Alexandria to El Dorado and Vicksburg to Longview... That should be LA Tech Bulldawg Recruiting Territory! Maybe start keeping a few 4 stars because we'll have many bowl tie ins and the families can travel short distances and see their kids play often. Put Billboards up in the areas mentioned above plastering LA Tech & C-USA so you know they go together. Gets me excited just thinking about it! And playing IN New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio every other year! Possibilities are endless!

BTW- since I may be moving to DFW, I'm pretty excited about the North Texas potential rivalry as well as the old WAC rival, Tulsa!
    So agree with this statement. We should own that region. Should be marketing the heck out of it, and be a household name.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I was talking to a former football player this weekend and his comment was that the announcement was great but that he enjoyed some of the travel associated with the WAC such as Hawaii. Since that is gone, whether we stayed in the WAC on not, this is the perfect time to move. I think the family being able to attend more games will more than offset the glamor of going to far off places. Just need to sell to the parents a little more when recruiting.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor View Post
    Lucky for USM.
    Really ? Why ?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    Really ? Why ?
    Yeah, I hear you.

We played USM real tough the last two years, but we lost both games. And USM, which Tech has played off and on since 1935, holds a 30-13 series advantage.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Yeah, I hear you.

We played USM real tough the last two years, but we lost both games. And USM, which Tech has played off and on since 1935, holds a 30-13 series advantage.
    I really didn't mean it that way as I know Tech plays a good brand of football. Just thought there might be something else I was unaware of. Wish USM fans gould get as excited as Tech fans about our new conference mates. All we do is pizz & moan.

+ Reply to Thread