+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A shout-out for van de velde

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Re: A shout-out for van de velde

Four of the five new C-USA schools are 25,000 students or greater and reside in top 25 TV markets. The lone exception is Tech. The commissioner mentioned in the other press conferences that the C-USA plan is for major universities in large markets. What an accomplishment for Tech to overcome these odds and get invited. Thanks Bruce!!!

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree...EVERYONE talk to a friend and get another famiy on board! Thanks for all you have accomplished, Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    BVDV's priority of the moment is 10,000 season ticket sales. The BEST way to thank him is to recruit season ticket purchasers.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

BVDV's priority of the moment is 10,000 season ticket sales. The BEST way to thank him is to recruit season ticket purchasers.
    Good to see he's got a plan/goal...

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Bruce is a huge asset for Tech. What an amazing accomplishment getting us into CUSA. I also appreciate that he responds to feedback. I've never sent an email that was not responded to in a timely fashion. I think Bruce cares for and really wants things to be better. I respect and admire that. Its no easy task for sure, but we have a great AD!

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Agreed.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

I have anti-Bruce for a long time but it's time to give him credit for a job well done - congrats Bruce nice job!

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Don't know about ya'll, but I recieved an e-mail from Bruce at 1:15 Friday talking about need to increase ticket sales and private funding. Talk about striking while the iron is hot!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

sportsdog was on sideline at the 70 point loss ( astrodome--houston) - coaches would not let him in locker room at half. 6 td passes in half ( or was it quarter by Carr). We played great rest of year--
    Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    i was going to start a "thank you" thread, but i will say it here instead:

1. reneau, van de velde and the entire current administration - it may have taken reneau a while, but he gets it now. and all you said regarding van de velde is true. he is the key to all of this happening.
    2. dykes, white, and their staffs - the basketball team getting to the conference tournament finals in white's first year and showing steady improvement all year was great. and after the hawaii football debacle last year, i left the stadium convinced we were going to tank the rest of the year, the wac would fold, and it would be "hello sunbelt" for us. amazing recovery to say the least.
    3. fans in general, especially students - the students are so into it now. when i was there in the late 80's the football games seemed to be a place to be until the frat party started. it is great to see the culture change so much for the better.
    4. derek dooley - he found a way to force the administration to make the athletic progam be seen as a way to improve the entire standing of the university and that has not always been easy to do around here.
    5. jack bicknell - it finished very badly, but we won a wac championship in our first year in the league. it let our university know we could more than hold our own against teams that were, at the time, more "name brands" (fresno, hawaii). we really did more with less then.
    6. crowton, rattay, edwards - gave us national recognition in the 90's with that amazing offense. having no conference affiliation killed us then; that was a team that should have had two or three bowls in them.
    7. barmore and hogg - national recognition and national championships in the 80's. as good as it gets.
    8. joe raymond peace - early in the D1 move with a lot of doubters, he put some very good teams on the field. we have to be the only university in the history of college football to lose our first game of the year by 70 points and come back to earn a bowl birth. that is good coaching.
    9. f.j. taylor - when the university president sits in the front row at a lady techster game in flaming red cowboy boots and berates the refs more than barmore, i'd call that a commitment to athletics.
    10. terry bradshaw - he has been an ambassador for the university for 40 years and his role now has been more significant then ever. he bleeds tech blue to the bone and pours himself into the university.
    i am sure i left out a lot of deserving folks. please add to the list.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    sportsdog was on sideline at the 70 point loss ( astrodome--houston) - coaches would not let him in locker room at half. 6 td passes in half ( or was it quarter by Carr). We played great rest of year--
    We had several starters suspended for that game.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    It was a record 7 TD passes allowed in the 2nd quarter. I was there too. It was absurd.

Regarding Bruce Van de Velde, he's accomplished amazing results in the short 2 and a half years that he has served as our top AD. He's hired well, he signed Dykes to an extension when it was vitally important, he's been great at scheduling, he's a really good stump communicator, and he has managed the CUSA thing to fruition.

Now, if Bruce can grow our attendance for football AND men's basketball, AND get Q4E completed in a timely fashion, he may go down as Tech's best AD ever.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 05-06-2012 at 10:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread