+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are building an athletics program...

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Re: We are building an atheletics program...

Win another WAC title this year, and head into C-USA with crazy momentum.
    do that, and you'll have people filling those stands.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    I have never understood why so many of y'all WANT the opposing team to have a lot of fans at OUR home games. I don't mind them coming because I like to interact with them, but I would rather them not bring thousands. I like the opposing team feeling alone out there.
    What we want is their money!! Unfortunately they have to attend for us to get full value i.e. concessions, motels, food, gas, etc.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    What we want is their money!! Unfortunately they have to attend for us to get full value i.e. concessions, motels, food, gas, etc.
    I get that. I guess I'm just ready for consistent sell outs so we won't care how many they bring.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I have never understood why so many of y'all WANT the opposing team to have a lot of fans at OUR home games. I don't mind them coming because I like to interact with them, but I would rather them not bring thousands. I like the opposing team feeling alone out there.
    I guess folks think we can't sell out with our own fans.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Surely you jest.
    We definately want our opponents to sell out their allotment of tickets.
    Not only does it line our pocketbook a little....but it adds to our season attendance average....and most importantly it adds to the gameday experience.
    Don't worry about them taking up seats that Bulldog fans could be sitting in....Lord knows we have plenty of empty seats for our own fair weather fans to wander in to.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Money, for Ruston and Tech athletics. Game atmosphere. Bring the thousands on!

Oh...and lets not forget the uptick for the local economy. The more opposing team fans that roll into town, the better.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Someone call me when we start marketing this program we're building. I'm talking full-scale assault marketing.

Advertise the A&M game every day on tv at least one local station in Shreveport this summer. WAC champ billboards and Tech-CUSA billboards from East Texas to Vicksburg down to Alexandria. All ads mentioning season tickets as well. Seems like basic stuff to me.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Winning is still the best thing you can do for tickets. People want to come to watch the home team win- big games, lots of drama. National pub helps, pre-season hype will help, but nothing goes as far as winning the games. We also have to continue to work on the game day experience. Thousands and thousands of SEC fans who show attend games don't actually care about the football game (as long as their team wins, of course).

Each game needs to be an Event, an event where we Win. That'll take care of butts-in-seats.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    Winning is still the best thing you can do for tickets. People want to come to watch the home team win- big games, lots of drama. National pub helps, pre-season hype will help, but nothing goes as far as winning the games. We also have to continue to work on the game day experience. Thousands and thousands of SEC fans who show attend games don't actually care about the football game (as long as their team wins, of course).

Each game needs to be an Event, an event where we Win. That'll take care of butts-in-seats.
    Yes. Do this and how few fans UAB or Tulsa bring won't matter one bit.

Fan base isn't built off visitors from other schools.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes. Do this and how few fans UAB or Tulsa bring won't matter one bit.

Fan base isn't built off visitors from other schools.
    This!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: We are building an athletics program...

We have raised ourself to a level I never dreamed we would attain when I was in college way back in the stone ages.

But the area where we lag is in attendance. We should easily draw 25,000-plus in football and 4,000 plus in basketball every time we host a game. Our students and alumni need to get on board and support (with their presence) a great thing that is going on at their school.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    We have raised ourself to a level I never dreamed we would attain when I was in college way back in the stone ages.

But the area where we lag is in attendance. We should easily draw 25,000-plus in football and 4,000 plus in basketball every time we host a game. Our students and alumni need to get on board and support (with their presence) a great thing that is going on at their school.
    I'm not kidding when I say that half the student body doesn't know we're in the CUSA. I'd go as far as saying that half of those don't know why being in the CUSA is good. The administration needs to optimize the game atmosphere for students to really get excited. Plus, as other have said, winning helps.

On a similar note, I was thinking back to the Ole Miss game last season. Their student section takes up the lower South endzone. Our student section takes up the greater part of the lower stands on the East side (including the BoP). Over the last 5 seasons, I've been proud of the increase of students coming to and participating in the games! It's exciting to imagine what winning 7 in a row in the regular season and a WAC title will do to this year's student attendance.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

I never want our campus student to not have acess to the home games. This is one of the thing wrong in college athletics, and as soon as we need to add seats to insure the students always have their place and we should not chase the dollar at all cost.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Our student section is always great. I wouldn't change it a bit. We need to keep bringing in casual fans and alumni. Those are our two biggest potentials for attendance growth.

+ Reply to Thread