+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recent Story about Local Engineering Schools

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Recent Story about Local Engineering Schools

I was at a conference in Shreveport a couple months ago. While I was there, I talked with a colleague about some of the recent news and ongoing stuff about Louisiana Tech University.

He told me about an engineering company (I don't remember the name of the company) that he works with a lot on various projects. According to my colleague, the engineering company has been disappointed likely with the recent engineering graduates from LSU. He also said that when the engineering company looks to hire new employees for their company, engineering graduates from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, and Texas A&M go straight to the front of the line.

I felt proud to be a Tech graduate and that Tech was associated with other engineering schools like A&M and Mississippi State instead of LSU.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Recent Story about Local Engineering Schools

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    I was at a conference in Shreveport a couple months ago. While I was there, I talked with a colleague about some of the recent news and ongoing stuff about Louisiana Tech University.

He told me about an engineering company (I don't remember the name of the company) that he works with a lot on various projects. According to my colleague, the engineering company has been disappointed likely with the recent engineering graduates from LSU. He also said that when the engineering company looks to hire new employees for their company, engineering graduates from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, and Texas A&M go straight to the front of the line.

I felt proud to be a Tech graduate and that Tech was associated with other engineering schools like A&M and Mississippi State instead of LSU.
    When I started at Dow in Plaquemine (across the river from BR) the new hire course had 3 Tech engineers, 1 lsu, 2 Miss State, and 1 Auburn...

Their were plenty of Tech alums at that site Dow definitely knows the value of a Tech degree...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Recent Story about Local Engineering Schools

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    When I started at Dow in Plaquemine (across the river from BR) the new hire course had 3 Tech engineers, 1 lsu, 2 Miss State, and 1 Auburn...

Their were plenty of Tech alums at that site Dow definitely knows the value of a Tech degree...
    Tech grads always had a leg up at Dow since Dr. Chew's son did the hiring.

+ Reply to Thread