+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Boise/SDSU Return Info

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

More Boise/SDSU Return Info

Saw this article in the Honolulu Advertiser this morning, there may truly be "a second coming of BOise/SDSU".

http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?acti...y&id=150335685

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Re: More Boise/SDSU Return Info

Since "regional rivalries" seems to be the hotest term lately, I can't imagine Boise and San Diego fans getting excited about those home contests with Rutgers, UConn, UCF, and Temple. I understand the Big East money when they made the decision, but the Big East will continue to be a basketball first league especially after the BCS changes (AQ/non-AQ) and school defections. Surely, they will change course and revisit their decisions. With their return and possible alliance/merger down the road, the C-USA/MWC could be strong nationally if developed the right way.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

I wish SMU and Houston would come back to CUSA

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Forget SMU. They've found their soul mates. Now Houston on the other hand...

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care about Boise or SDSU, but I am concerned if they change their minds, the BE could go after ECU and USM...which would suck for us.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Very different scenarios, though. Houston and SMU are all-sports members. They get to play Big East basketball.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I don't care about Boise or SDSU, but I am concerned if they change their minds, the BE could go after ECU and USM...which would suck for us.
    I know the BE has big MBB $$$, but Boise back to the MWC would be enough to keep USM and ECU in CUSA. The football $$$ will come to an alliance with 10+ bowls and Boise, especially with the BCS going to a different playoff format.

If ECU and USM are smart and Boise comes back, they'll sit tight.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    I know the BE has big MBB $$$, but Boise back to the MWC would be enough to keep USM and ECU in CUSA. The football $$$ will come to an alliance with 10+ bowls and Boise, especially with the BCS going to a different playoff format.

If ECU and USM are smart and Boise comes back, they'll sit tight.
    If either gets the chance to go to the BE they'll be gone in a heartbeat. They'd be crazy not to.

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

I just don't see the allure of Big East football. There is no way the money will be the same in 2 years. Even the basketball will not be as good with West Virginia, Syracuse, and Pitt leaving.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

I find 2 interesting things/thoughts in this article. First, the integrity of USU in "keeping their pledge" to the WAC while Fresno, Hawaii, and Nevada dropped theirs like a hot rock. Second, if Boise did return, and the "Deal" was made between MWC and CUSA, it would be a pretty strong merger. Should be worth some TV money for a non-AQ conference group.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor View Post
    I just don't see the allure of Big East football. There is no way the money will be the same in 2 years. Even the basketball will not be as good with West Virginia, Syracuse, and Pitt leaving.
    Those three aren't "big" in the BE as far as basketball is concerned. The main schools are still there.

Then again, I'm not a huge basketball follower, so I could be misinterpreting the information.

If there is an alliance/merger and Boise/SDSU return, then ECU and USM would be taking demotion if they bolted to the Big East if this is football driven. Plus, the threat of Louisville/Cincinnati to Big 12 and UConn/Rutgers to ACC or Big 10 would always be out there.

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Those three aren't "big" in the BE as far as basketball is concerned. The main schools are still there.

Then again, I'm not a huge basketball follower, so I could be misinterpreting the information.
    Syracuse and Pitt are pretty big in basketball.

The ESPN.com College FB Nation blog on May 4th talked about the new best Big East rivalries after the changes:
    1. Cincinnati vs. Louisville
    2. USF vs. UCF
    3. Temple vs. Rutgers
    4. SMU vs. Navy

Impressive is NOT what comes to mind. I'm thinking ECU vs. USM is already a better game than any of those even before expansion. Once again, I just don't see the magic of Big East football after automatic BCS money dries up in 2 years.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

How is smu and navy a rival?

+ Reply to Thread