+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Boise/SDSU Return Info

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Re: More Boise/SDSU Return Info

They play for the Frank Bansz trophy. Navy has won it all 3 times. Now, that's a rivalry!

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Should have been the "Frank Gansz" trophy.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    How is smu and navy a rival?

They do have a trophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gansz_Trophy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._rivalry_games

Update: got there ahead of me ptaylor....

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

But how did this even become a rivalry?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

It's not so much a rivalry as it is just a sportsmanship game. Frank Gansz was a player for Navy; and he coached at both Navy and SMU.

I think that's the flaw in the new Big East. Tech vs. "insert any western C-USA team" will be as big or bigger than anything the Big East can offer. What else do they have to offer? San Diego State vs. UConn?

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Boise and SDSU each have $10 million reasons not to back out on the Big East.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    How is smu and navy a rival?
    The Tallest Pygmy award?

HD

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Who is further from Orlando? San Diego or Boise?

Varsity Bulldog VegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the ears

MWC commish mentioned a few days ago that the return of SDSU is a possibility. He didn't say anything about Boise St.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDawg View Post
    MWC commish mentioned a few days ago that the return of SDSU is a possibility. He didn't say anything about Boise St.
    Link?

Varsity Bulldog VegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the ears

Local Las Vegas radio mentioned he tweeted it. Don't know his twitter address maybe someone can find it.

Here's an article: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/0...-state-no.html

Boise has no league for their Olympic sports now that the WAC is going down. Thompson says they can stay in the MWC but only if they play football too. SDSU to the Big East was ridiculous now that AQ isn't on the table I think they'd rather play their football and Olympic sports in the MWC.
    Last edited by VegasDawg; 05-06-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

I suspect that the TV money will still be enough to keep Boise & SDSU in the Big East, though anything is possible and the TV contract is an open question. Also, Boise would have to swallow Big Sky membership and SDSU stands to be walking away from a lot of history for a lot of uncertainty. I think they should be reconsidering regardless of the TV contract... but I still don't think they are. I can't read the Hawaii article, though, so I don't know what it says that might convince me otherwise.

SMU & UH are out of the picture. I don't have that strong of a preference, as long as we're with SMU. I don't think it's a close call for the admin, though. The doomsday scenario is losing Louisville and/or Cincy. I don't think that's likely at this point.

I have difficulty imagining that ECU would not accept an invite and think they would pretty strongly consider a football-only one. USM I am less sure about, but there's also Tulsa.

I'm becoming increasingly skeptical that UTEP is going anywhere.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    I suspect that the TV money will still be enough to keep Boise & SDSU in the Big East, though anything is possible and the TV contract is an open question. Also, Boise would have to swallow Big Sky membership and SDSU stands to be walking away from a lot of history for a lot of uncertainty. I think they should be reconsidering regardless of the TV contract... but I still don't think they are. I can't read the Hawaii article, though, so I don't know what it says that might convince me otherwise.

SMU & UH are out of the picture. I don't have that strong of a preference, as long as we're with SMU. I don't think it's a close call for the admin, though. The doomsday scenario is losing Louisville and/or Cincy. I don't think that's likely at this point.

I have difficulty imagining that ECU would not accept an invite and think they would pretty strongly consider a football-only one. USM I am less sure about, but there's also Tulsa.

I'm becoming increasingly skeptical that UTEP is going anywhere.
    If I were you, I'd be extremely concerned about Boise St & Louisville leaving the Big East. And both are a real possibility.

You're not going to enjoy watching UH play football in a far flung "basketball" conference. Texas is football country. And if Boise leaves, it's going to be very difficult for UH fans to get excited about playing UCONN, Rutgers, SDSU, UCF, USF, Memphis and Cincinnati in football. Those are mostly basketball schools. Honestly, I would have a hard time going to watch those guys play football even if it was in my back yard.

Sorry......but I like the new CUSA football lineup much better than the BE lineup, save for UH, SMU & Boise, of course.

HD

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

I would consider losing Louisville to be a very serious blow, but they have to be invited somewhere first. Marianatto was fired and they want out... but they wanted out last week and the week before that and several months ago they had the Senate Majority Leader trying to get them into the Big 12. The Big 12 has already negotiated their new contract and I think they're done absent some really new and enticing possibility. I don't believe the ACC would invite them even if they lost Florida State and Clemson.

As I've said before, I don't consider Boise State's inclusion to be good for anybody involved. Mostly for BSU, but I think what's bad for them will be bad for the conference as a whole. Unlike Louisville, they do have options. But it wouldn't kill me if they exercised them.

Even despite its losses (up to this point), the Big East remains a rather formidable conference. It's not as though Pitt and WVU were rotating championships like UT & OU in the Big 12. They've been sharing championships and/or losing out to teams that have been left behind. That's not to say that their departure doesn't sting, but they weren't dominant. Nor is Louisville, even if their departure would also sting.

(Full disclosure: I think the Big 12 should have invited both Louisville and Cincinnati along with WVU. Selfishly, I am glad they did not.)
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread