+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Big East Commissioner Resigns

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Big East Commissioner Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Are you kidding? Seriously? Do you really think Cincinnati has ANY brand value in the state of Texas, or for the Big X11? Don't be silly.

Nobody's gong to invite Cincinnati FOOTBALL to anything. Just dumb.
    In what way are they so different from Louisville that they are interested in UL but not UC? That's the part that confuses me. I can understand preferring UL over UC (despite the latter's better performance, as of late), but to say "We want this one" and "We want nothing to do with that one" is just weird to me. Cincinnati has won 10 or more games in four of the six seasons they have been in the Big East while Louisville hasn't won more than 7 since Petrino left. Louisville has better basketball, but Cincinnati also has good basketball. Louisville does have better attendance. I don't see the night-and-day difference here that the Big 12 does. "Hey, let's take Louisville!" followed by "Cincinnati?! What's Rutgers up to?" doesn't track.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    Louisville does have better attendance.

Nippert only seats 35K. But it is a nice stadium.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Nippert only seats 35K. But it is a nice stadium.
    Yeah, but they can play (and do sometimes) pay at the pro stadium when it suits them. If the Big 12 required for a stadium expansion, I'd think that they'd get it. But even if they did, it's possible that attendance would stay the same. Then again, against Big 12 opponents (hosting UT or OU every other year, Texas Tech and OSU every other year), it could go up considerably if they can remain competitive. I don't know what the thoughts are of Cincinnati folks when it comes to Kansas vs Rutgers.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

With the contract the ACC signed with ESPN yesterday - NO ONE IN THE ACC is going anywhere....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    With the contract the ACC signed with ESPN yesterday - NO ONE IN THE ACC is going anywhere....
    I hope no one in C-USA does either. I'm nervous about losing USM and ECU...ain't gonna lie.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I hope no one in C-USA does either. I'm nervous about losing USM and ECU...ain't gonna lie.
    I'm not - the last thing the yankee basketball schools now in control of the BE want are two southern football schools...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Daayum......You rolled right from one worry (will LA Tech get into CUSA?) right into another (nervous about losing USM & ECU). Do you EVER just relax and enjoy the moment?

HD

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too impatient, HD...that's my problem. I want it all for TECH and I want it NOW!

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Daayum......You rolled right from one worry (will LA Tech get into CUSA?) right into another (nervous about losing USM & ECU). Do you EVER just relax and enjoy the moment

I'm too impatient, HD...that's my problem. I want it all for TECH and I want it NOW!

MEDICATION.....

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

That's a valid concern, Chuck. But, we at Louisiana Tech really need to change our way of thinking. Instead of thinking that conference realignment is over, we need to start preparing for the next shakeup...because it's coming sometime. The last thing we want is to be sitting here a decade from now with the same concerns that we have had for the last several years.

I'm sure some who read this will think I'm an idiot for saying it, but we need to start building RIGHT NOW toward the next best thing, whatever that is. I believe that Tech still has a chance to make it to a bigtime conference, but it takes a lot of work, vision, and money.

Actually there is alot of speculation out there that the composition of the D-1 conferences at 7/1/2013 will be the composition for the next 15 to 20 years with VERY little movement...

The next TV deal for the BCS (or whatever will be called) is rumored to be for a length of 10 years -

And that's why it was imperative that we be included in the shake up this time

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Just for Chuck!! Courtesy of HogDawg!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfLD-7bCtME

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Just for Chuck!! Courtesy of HogDawg!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfLD-7bCtME

HD
    Dude...you are the best! HAHA!!! Great song!

+ Reply to Thread