+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Details on BVDV Interview on The Tim Fletcher Show

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Details on BVDV Interview on The Tim Fletcher Show

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Sounds like we all agree that it should be a non-conference aq game. Let's face it, the teams that we are looking forward to traveling to do not travel WELL themselves. UNT is not going to travel well. SMU didn't, Rice didn't, and Tulsa didn't. We have been in the conference with all three of them before and learned a lesson. I don't think UNT is going to do much better and Tulane can't even get people to go to games in New Orleans. It needs to be TCU, A&M, Baylor, etc...

And, kudo's to BVDV for doing what it took! I love the statement that there was NO Plan B!
    None of the CUSA teams will travel well to Ruston. It we get 1,000 to 1,500 from anyone, that will be a big number. Maybe USM, but no one else.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He got this year's game at a time when school was out of session. Maybe he can do it in future years.

09/07 at Houston
    09/14 vs. Southern Mississippi
    09/21 at Kansas
    09/28 vs. Army
    TBA vs. Lamar

The USM slot should convert to an OOC home game and that slot be available. Army is also a possibility I suppose.

I still say we will drop the Houston series after the 2012 game. That would give us another open slot for the money game DR will demand.

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Even years: AQ in Shreveport, FCS in Ruston, Money game away, MWC away
    Odd years: Away AQ (return game for Shreveport), Money game away, MWC Ruston, FCS Ruston

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    The Aggies like to come to Shreveport and they travel well. Oklahome State was a good one. I wonder if we could get Kansas State. They travel well.
    Both Kansas and Kansas St would be good options.

HD

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor View Post
    Even years: AQ in Shreveport, FCS in Ruston, Money game away, MWC away
    Odd years: Away AQ (return game for Shreveport), Money game away, MWC Ruston, FCS Ruston
    We are going to play games in Shreveport every year, so this schedule will not work.

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

I see that now. I read the tweet wrong.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Texas A&M did travel very well to their first two games in the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament in Bossier City in 2011.
    A&M set a record for season tickets this year. There will be a lot of Aggies in Shreveport for our game. If it was on a Saturday, there could have been 20,000 there. Don't know about a Thursday night.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I'm thinking it needs to be a non-conference game against Oklahoma St, Baylor, Texas Tech, Miss St, etc.
    I would not play any conference games with UTEP, Tulsa, Rice, UTSA, Tulane, or Southern Miss in Shreveport, but I would consider in addition to out of conference opponent playing a FIU or ECU.

We will still have some similar travel to WAC when we go to East Coast teams in conference, especially outside Football where you don't get a charter plan....have to bus to place like Dallas, then fly, then bus a little bit to those places other than FIU in Miami.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Home and Home with Arkansas would be ideal for Shreveport. It is drivable for Arkansas fans, stadium would be filled.

Their deal with ULM is up this year.

Anyone think they would give us a similar deal with Shreveport being our home game?
    Not in a million years. Look at their history. In roughly 15 years they've played OOC away games at USC and Texas.

That's it. That's the list. USC and Texas. They've also done a neutral field thing with A&M in Arlington, and an "away" game with ULM in Little Rock.

They're not going to give us a home game in Shreveport. They want 8 at home every year. They don't travel OOC.

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

Keep the Games in Ruston ! Give the economy and the $$$ to the school. What do we gain by playing in Shreveport rather than at La. Tech. The parking is even worse and the police have no clue how to direct traffic...remember the Grambling game. How much do we lose $$$ by playing in Shreveport ? How is it any better ? More fans you think would make up for the revenue we lose by playing in Shreveport. Can some of you give me some answers - please ? I will be there regardless, but maybe some of you can help me understand why this game in Shreveport should be played there, other than the airport is closer...!

In other words "what do we gain" ?
    Last edited by cberg; 05-07-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: correcetions...

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cberg View Post
    Keep the Games in Ruston ! Give the economy and the $$$ to the school. What do we gain by playing in Shreveport rather than at La. Tech. The parking is even worse and the police have no clue how to direct traffic...remember the Grambling game. How much do we lose $$$ by playing in Shreveport ? How is it any better ? More fans you think would make up for the revenue we lose by playing in Shreveport. Can some of you give me some answers - please ? I will be there regardless, but maybe some of you can help me understand why this game in Shreveport should be played there, other than the airport is closer...!

I'm with you on this, cberg. The atmosphere, convenience, and home-field/court advantage on campus is awesome!! There would have to be some tangible overriding advantage to be worth losing those three assets. The big names mentioned (Kansas, K State, Ok State, A & M type games) I could see in Shreveport as a major happening & maybe worthwhile. Other than that, stay on campus. If C-USA did require an annual game of some kind there as a requirement then fine, getting into C-USA has rocked our world and I am fine with whatever it took to get us IN.

But:
    *play on campus
    *WIN!!!

That'll both grow our fanbase and strengthen our maket draw significantly.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I agree only big names in Shreveport. I've been there for SMU and Tulsa and the crowds were worse than they would have been in Ruston.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

MWC and CUSA are supposed to come up with a scheduling agreement. What about Air Force in S-Port? Would that draw a crowd from the base?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    MWC and CUSA are supposed to come up with a scheduling agreement. What about Air Force in S-Port? Would that draw a crowd from the base?
    No. They were just in the Independence Bowl vs. Georgia Tech. One of the smallest I-Bowl paid attendances ever.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cberg View Post

We gained admittance to CUSA. If that's what we had to agree to, then so be it. I'm not a fan of Shreveport either, but it's better than not getting invited.

+ Reply to Thread