+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Details on BVDV Interview on The Tim Fletcher Show

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

Re: Details on BVDV Interview on The Tim Fletcher Show

Russdawg - If there's agreements with CUSA that we play one game there, I can deal with it. It's also is a two way street I believe. I get the feeling that Shreveport needs us a bit more that we need them. Working together this could be something very nice. But the State Fair people have never been like that. I know first hand about how they treat teams and fans. We were asked to keep upgrading our facilities by the CUSA Commish last Friday...so why has the State Fair not done the same thing over the years...? The Hirsch is approaching 70 years old,with a WWII sound system and it should have been a parking lot 30 years ago...but hey - I'm glad the season ticket holders can use their tickets for this game. I still bet that want $$$ at the gate for parking and the parking lot never gets any better...ummm!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    No. They were just in the Independence Bowl vs. Georgia Tech. One of the smallest I-Bowl paid attendances ever.
    Then I agree. If they didn't show for a bowl they aren't showing for a regular season game. Gonna have to stick with bigger names/former AQ's.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

What about the New England Patriots??

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Presuming that a Shreveport game was a requirement for CUSA, then rotate the following schools into Shreveport (hopefully we only have to play one game there every two years):

A&M
    OSU
    KSU
    KU
    OU (does not hurt to ask)
    TT
    TCU
    Mizzou
    Tennessee
    Auburn
    FSU
    Miami (did it before)

Yes, getting the SEC to come to Shreveport will be difficult, but they do recruit LA so there is a chance they would consider it. Unless they get a zillion dollars, UA will never leave the state again for OOC. Just do not see it.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Or money...either!

THat was quick! But I agree.

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Oklahoma played one year in the Independence Bowl. They had two players for Alexandria Senior High a few years ago that I knew personally. They have had other east Texas/Louisiana players on their roster previously. They obviously recruit this area. They play at Tulsa regularly in Tulsa (I realize that is in their state with alumni present). With the right contract and selling job, I believe OU could come to Shreveport.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

We need to WIN in Shreveport - TO WIN!!

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Well then, beat Oklahoma (just do it in Shreveport, not Norman).

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor View Post
    Oklahoma played one year in the Independence Bowl. They had two players for Alexandria Senior High a few years ago that I knew personally. They have had other east Texas/Louisiana players on their roster previously. They obviously recruit this area. They play at Tulsa regularly in Tulsa (I realize that is in their state with alumni present). With the right contract and selling job, I believe OU could come to Shreveport.

If we play in Shreveport, we want to play teams that will give us national publicity, that we can beat & that will fill the stadium. We already know that Tulsa, Rice & even SMU did not fill the stadium. We should not be seeking Shreveport games to play LSU, Alabama & Oklahoma. Those are money games that we can get paid double for at their stadiums.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Dawgs1 gets it.

I get it, too. Just doesn't hurt to dream a little.

2004 Bowl Confidence & 2006 NIT Bracket Champion hoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Presuming that a Shreveport game was a requirement for CUSA, then rotate the following schools into Shreveport (hopefully we only have to play one game there every two years):

A&M
    OSU
    KSU
    KU
    TT
    TCU
    Mizzou
    Tennessee
    Auburn
    FSU
    Miami (did it before)

Yes, getting the SEC to come to Shreveport will be difficult, but they do recruit LA so there is a chance they would consider it. Unless they get a zillion dollars, UA will never leave the state again for OOC. Just do not see it.

I disagree. when Q4E is complete all big games should come through Ruston. We should schedule regional games (north texas, rice, utsa) or easy games ( fcs teams, maybe the first game each year) in Shreveport.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

If true, I hate this annual Shreveport requirement.

Games in Shreveport suck compared to Ruston.

I don't think we can get those schools y'all are talking about to come to Shreveport. The New England Patriots are just as likely to play in Shreveport as many of those teams mentioned.

If they do come to Shreveport, they will be few and far between. Not annually.

Miami played in Shreveport as promised to Brock Berlin's family.

Clemson recently bought out of the game in Shreveport.

Texas A&M recently bought out of their game in Shreveport. The only reason they are playing in Shreveport this year is because they absolutely had no other options with the last minute conference change.

I HATE 2-for-1 deals. Hate them. It really screws up scheduling and doesn't help our bottom line enough. They are essentially a home-and-home and then a money game that we get no money for. As a result, we get stuck with only 5 home games and 7 road games a couple years later.

Tulsa, UTEP, and SMU drew flies in Shreveport in the past. Conference games won't work in Shreveport.

We should never play an FCS team in Shreveport (Grambling State, Northwestern State). BTW Grambling has Labor Day Saturday in Shreveport booked for several years.

The majority of OOC schedules are already set several years down the line.

Our future schedules are pretty much full (unless y'all wanna play only 5 home games every year). We have no openings in 2013, 2014, 2016, or 2017 for a game in Shreveport.

Mississippi State is scheduled to come to Ruston in 2016, but I betcha they buy out of it last minute just like we did to them.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post

A&M
    OSU
    KSU
    KU
    TT
    TCU
    Mizzou
    Tennessee
    Auburn
    FSU
    Miami (did it before)

You left Baylor, BYU & Iowa St off your list. I think we might have some luck scheduling a lower level Big 10 team, such as Minnesota (who I think visited ULM recently), Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.

How did we get CAL in Shreveport back in '97?

HD

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You left Baylor, BYU & Iowa St off your list. I think we might have some luck scheduling a lower level Big 10 team, such as Minnesota (who I think visited ULM recently), Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.

How did we get CAL in Shreveport back in '97?

HD
    Cal was a 2-for-1 deal. Minnesota visited NLU in 1996 as part of a 2-for-1 deal. Both visited North Louisiana before the BC$ was created.

BVDV's #1 scheduling priority should be to get rid of ULL and to get the BYU home-and-home back on our schedule.

+ Reply to Thread