+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruston Gets Class II State High School Playoffs...

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Re: Ruston Gets Class II State High School Playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    While you say it is a question of "moral values" many of these other cities cite it as the cost of having nice restaurants, hotels and other ammenities. This is why I bring up the "voting block" in Ruston.

Ruston has been trying the "moral majority" since the beginning of time. How was that working out when you were in school? In my time, most of the students would pack their suitcases and go home. The "moral majority" had to swallow their pride several years ago because they had almost no dining options. I am not saying we need a "red light" district. THat is already available in Bernice. I am just saying that htere has to be a certain amount of buying in first & give & take secondly.
    Bernice was boring when I was in school. Dubach did have a golf course. I have said that Ruston has changed more in the last 10 years than the previous 50 and it's a good thing - that is the "buying in first and give and take second". I think you overrate the impact of the "moral majority" in present times. The way it worked out for me when I was in school was WIL-MART and downtown Grambling. We never had a problem finding something to drink but then again you could buy it when you were 18.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    While you say it is a question of "moral values" many of these other cities cite it as the cost of having nice restaurants, hotels and other ammenities. This is why I bring up the "voting block" in Ruston.

Ruston has been trying the "moral majority" since the beginning of time. How was that working out when you were in school? In my time, most of the students would pack their suitcases and go home. The "moral majority" had to swallow their pride several years ago because they had almost no dining options. I am not saying we need a "red light" district. THat is already available in Bernice. I am just saying that htere has to be a certain amount of buying in first & give & take secondly.
    Bernice was boring when I was in school. Dubach did have a golf course. I have said that Ruston has changed more in the last 10 years than the previous 50 and it's a good thing - that is the "buying in first and give and take second". I think you overrate the impact of the "moral majority" in present times. The way it worked out for me when I was in school was WIL-MART and downtown Grambling. We never had a problem finding something to drink but then again you could buy it when you were 18.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    I had to go to the bootlegger along the railroad between Grambling and Simsboro for beer. The parish was dry when I was at Tech and Ruston High

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by cberg View Post
    I'm seeing a shift in sports from Shreveport to Ruston as of late. From my valued sources (uh umm) it was told to me that Captains Stadium has been "condemed" because of NON POTABLE water (bad water not for drinking)...and non playable for awhile. OK - so the LHSSA looked to the leader in putting on such a baseball tournament at minutes notice and that was Ruston. I'm so proud they the City Of Ruston could oblidge, of which there facitlties are much better anyway!
    Wow, the last place I was located where there was no potable water was a military island on the equator in the Indian Ocean - middle of NOWHERE. Impressive feat Shreveport!

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    Wow, the last place I was located where there was no potable water was a military island on the equator in the Indian Ocean - middle of NOWHERE. Impressive feat Shreveport!
    The "moral minority" in Shreveport demanded more water to help cleanse the sins of the majority. We're all out of water in Shreveport.

No, all joking aside. What an opportunity for TECH, the Indy Bowl folks & others to assist in ramping up to assist with improvements to Shreveport facilities. Now I am not talking about TECH having to put up any money but they already have an expertise in upgrading facilities for college athletics. Indy Stadium really needs a new video board with at least average sound. And the press box, game day operation...etc.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    The Big Apple was the only place of interest near Bernice.

+ Reply to Thread