Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
While you say it is a question of "moral values" many of these other cities cite it as the cost of having nice restaurants, hotels and other ammenities. This is why I bring up the "voting block" in Ruston.

Ruston has been trying the "moral majority" since the beginning of time. How was that working out when you were in school? In my time, most of the students would pack their suitcases and go home. The "moral majority" had to swallow their pride several years ago because they had almost no dining options. I am not saying we need a "red light" district. THat is already available in Bernice. I am just saying that htere has to be a certain amount of buying in first & give & take secondly.
Bernice was boring when I was in school. Dubach did have a golf course. I have said that Ruston has changed more in the last 10 years than the previous 50 and it's a good thing - that is the "buying in first and give and take second". I think you overrate the impact of the "moral majority" in present times. The way it worked out for me when I was in school was WIL-MART and downtown Grambling. We never had a problem finding something to drink but then again you could buy it when you were 18.