+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech & Tails 5 is TONIGHT!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech & Tails 5 is TONIGHT!!

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post

A cheeky LSUS student brought up the #1 NAIA baseball program and asked Bruce how it would be affected by the merger. Bruce said something to the effect of "It will be a 3-5 year transition and we'll consider the students."
    NAIA? Seriously? The LSUS students' pride has come down to that? IMO, NAIA competition is about a half step below most Texas 5A high school competition. It's certainly not something to care about or base a decision like this on.

HD

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    I was there, but I didn't know Sonny or Bruce even spoke...I was busy getting to know the guys working the $10 bottomless beer booth.
    So you were one of the tipsy turds yakking it up in the very back while the rest of us were trying to listen huh???? Do you even know how many times the MC tried to hush the crowd in the back while our coaches were talking? The noise level was much better this year but I will say it still was very constant and annoying by those in the back like you. Take about calling yourself out........... it was just plain rude dude!!!

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You were one of the tipsy turds yakking it up while the rest of us were trying to listen huh????
    I was being sarcastic jerk, I was getting pissed off because I couldn't hear a damn thing.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I was being sarcastic jerk, I was getting pissed off because I couldn't hear a damn thing.
    You have a funny way of bringing up that topic/conversation and being sarcastic but I will take that back then. Sorry! Like I stated above it was much better this year. I was a GREAT EVENT!!!!!!

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You have a funny way of bringing up that topic/conversation and being sarcastic but I will take that back then. Sorry! Like I stated above it was much better this year. I was a GREAT EVENT!!!!!!
    I mean I was just saying the $10 bottomless beers were awesome. Can we agree on that?

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    NAIA? Seriously? The LSUS students' pride has come down to that? IMO, NAIA competition is about a half step below most Texas 5A high school competition. It's certainly not something to care about or base a decision like this on.

HD
    Exactly. The only people that care about NAIA are parents of the athletes and maybe a small number of current students. It would suck for the coaches to lose their jobs, but it's definitely not worth risking the future of SBC over.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

That's it? Nobody's got any attendance figures to report? No comparison's to past years attendance? No new CUSA info to report?

Sounds pretty boring to me.

HD
    You could have driven over and checked it out yourself, you ****head. ;p
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Here's what I know;
    It was the largest turnout yet.
    It was a lot of fun
    I saw a lot of you guys there
    T-mo hopes to have pics up by Monday
    A lot of excitement and talk about CUSA

Sorry, I don't have all the info yet but a lot of accounting has to be done before I truly know numbers. But based off the TAG board members end of night meeting everyone felt it is just getting better every year.

My favorites where the chair (that I worked very hard on restoring) and the ice sculpture!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    You could have driven over and checked it out yourself, you ****head. ;p
    But then I would have had to associate with YOU, and nobody wants to do that.

HD

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Oh, and DogtorEvil does have a wife. But Doc's wife has been a no show to everything since they got married! (Doc, we warned you about that! Once you say "I do" they say "NOW, I don't!")

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Here's what I know;
    It was the largest turnout yet.
    It was a lot of fun
    I saw a lot of you guys there
    T-mo hopes to have pics up by Monday
    A lot of excitement and talk about CUSA

Sorry, I don't have all the info yet but a lot of accounting has to be done before I truly know numbers. But based off the TAG board members end of night meeting everyone felt it is just getting better every year.

My favorites where the chair (that I worked very hard on restoring) and the ice sculpture!
    Thanks for the update JAB. Unlike DogtorEvil, you actually contributed some worthwhile information. :icon_wink:

So, how big is this thing now? Would you say 500 people were in attendance? 1000? 1,500?

HD

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Thanks for the update JAB. Unlike DogtorEvil, you actually contributed some worthwhile information. :icon_wink:

So, how big is this thing now? Would you say 500 people were in attendance? 1000? 1,500?

HD
    I would guess between 1000 and 1500. The guys selling tickets can probably chime in.

There wasn't much room to spare, if any.

There was an awesome ice sculpture with colored tech logo in it as you walk in. The TAG folks did a great job organizing the event.

The crawfish was good, the beer deal was good, free ICE COLD water was GREAT.

The coaches didn't really say much of note. When asked questions about recruits, they quoted "dumb NCAA rules."

Of course they were all happy about CUSA, but that's not news.

Grounbreaking for Q4E is this fall, and architect/design/construction documents are underway now.

After the young lady asked the LSUS question, the big screens said "contact your legislature and tell them to vote YES of 964 TODAY" (heh heh)

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

I was there, but I didn't know Sonny or Bruce even spoke...I was busy getting to know the guys working the $10 bottomless beer booth.
    I got to know them pretty well myself.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    Exactly. The only people that care about NAIA are parents of the athletes and maybe a small number of current students. It would suck for the coaches to lose their jobs, but it's definitely not worth risking the future of SBC over.
    I totally agree.

The funny thing is maybe two years ago the students of LSUS turned down a student fee of about $25 per semester to help offset athletic cost and to provide scholarship money for athletics (something along those lines). It was voted down and if memory serves me correctly it was not even close to passing.

Those athletes will be fine, if they really want to play they will be able to find another school.

I mean I was just saying the $10 bottomless beers were awesome. Can we agree on that?
    You bet?

+ Reply to Thread