+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Boise State having second thoughts on Big East move?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs Up Boise State having second thoughts on Big East move?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Boise State having second thoughts on Big East move?

I would love to still play Boise from time to time.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What effect would that have on CUSA? Are you sure it is a "thumbs up"?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

The new Big East is like the old WAC. The travel doesn't make sense especially with AQ dollars off the table.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

I think Boise would be better off back in the MWC, but I'm not so sure this is good news for CUSA. If Boise goes back then most likely San Diego St will be right behind them. At that point Big East might finally add Southern Miss & ECU

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Might Houston and SMU have second thoughts?

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Coupled with potential exits from the Big East by Louisville & UCONN, I can see a scenario down the road where the Big East becomes the old CUSA, similar to how the MWC is pretty much the old WAC. Hope that doesn't happen, but it's possible. Heck, anything's possible when you're talking realignment.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    Might Houston and SMU have second thoughts?
    I wouldn't be surprised if the MWC decides to add them and bring back Boise and San Diego St and at that point UTEP will probably make the jump also

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    Coupled with potential exits from the Big East by Louisville & UCONN, I can see a scenario down the road where the Big East becomes the old CUSA, similar to how the MWC is pretty much the old WAC. Hope that doesn't happen, but it's possible. Heck, anything's possible when you're talking realignment.
    Doubt it -

The catholic basketball schools want OUT of the football business...

I could see the BE ceasing to exist as a football conference before they agree to take two more SOUTHERN FOOTBALL schools -

My guess would be upstarts Nova and UMass...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

No need for Southern Miss or anyone else to consider the Big East. They need to stick to basketball. Any teams considering them would have second thoughts now. If Boise and SDSU come back to MWC, Big East is dead in football. Just my thoughts. No advantage to moving to that conference for any football school.

Big Dog dch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the rough

If Boise and SDSU back out, I can see the Big East adding USM and ECU...and I think those schools would go.

I would hope CUSA is proactive and tries to get Big East leftovers that don't end up in other conferences

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dch028 View Post
    If Boise and SDSU back out, I can see the Big East adding USM and ECU...and I think those schools would go.
    After the actions the remaining BE presidents took with the removal of Marianato - I just don't see it happening....

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    After the actions the remaining BE presidents took with the removal of Marianato - I just don't see it happening....
    I don't either Dwayne. In fact I could see Houston want back in CUSA at some point (maybe soon) if the BE starts falling apart! SMU would hold their nose, with UNT being in CUSA, and might be forced into coming back as well.

I actually think SMU fits more "cuturally and in mindset" with the BE catholic basketball schools and they would stay the course...

+ Reply to Thread