+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ND Rumor

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

ND Rumor

I do not give this much credibility, but thought I would pass it along all the same.

According to this, ND will be sending non-football sports to the Big 12. Announcement on 1 July. At least we do not have to wait long to know that it is not true. Oh, and they are bringing FSU along with them.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...sct=hp_bf2_a12

Like I said, about as low on the credibility pole as you can go...

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: ND Rumor

Looks like someone named Greg Swaim is breaking the story. Swaim is the Director of BigTimeSports.com and a member of the basektball and football writers associations. He's saying changes will happen around the end of June and early July involving Notre Dame, Florida State, and Louisville. The possible moves have to do with the rumors that a new college football playoff structure would take the top 4 teams leaving teams like independent ND as well as Big East and ACC teams likely on the outside looking in.

Take the rumors with a huge grain of salt right now.

https://twitter.com/#!/GSwaim

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Swaim has been making some pretty wild predictions for a while now, almost none of which happened. He could be right, but I wouldn't consider him a reliable source.

Notre Dame going to the Big 12 makes sense, but I'd think Clemson would be a better choice than Louisville. That could be wishful thinking on my part, though.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

While I do not rule this out completely (only because the events of the past couple of years have taught us not to), I think it is a very long shot. And ND taking their other sports out of the BE would be another body slam to the conference in terms of prestige.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    While I do not rule this out completely (only because the events of the past couple of years have taught us not to), I think it is a very long shot. And ND taking their other sports out of the BE would be another body slam to the conference in terms of prestige.
    This might be the last straw that makes Boise and SDSU head back to the MWC.

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    This might be the last straw that makes Boise and SDSU head back to the MWC.
    Yep. The next dominoe to fall resulting in Big East implosion. Hopeful the rest of CUSA has the commone sense to stay away from the sinking titanic know as the Big East.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Losing Notre Dame itself should have no effect on BSU or SDSU. Notre Dame is non-FB, BSU and SDSU are football-only. They're ships passing each other in the night. Now, if the part about Louisville & FSU is true, or if losses from the ACC resulted in more pilfering from the Big East, then that might have an effect. But Notre Dame by itself shouldn't change things for the non-FB members.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus_KKY View Post
    Hopeful the rest of CUSA has the commone sense to stay away from the sinking titanic know as the Big East.
    Conference USA still has the deadweight problem. Even if left with only 5 or so programs, it's easier to create a better conference taking those five programs and adding C*USA programs than it is by taking C*USA and adding some or all of those programs. I'm not sure there is a single member in the Big East that C*USA wouldn't take (back). The same isn't true in the reverse.

That's why, even in its moment of greatest weakness, the MWC was still able to pick off the WAC. It didn't matter that the WAC had better teams. The WAC was saddled with more undesirable teams. So it was easier for the MWC to get accepted offers to the best and most geographically appropriate WAC teams than vice-versa.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    Conference USA still has the deadweight problem. Even if left with only 5 or so programs, it's easier to create a better conference taking those five programs and adding C*USA programs than it is by taking C*USA and adding some or all of those programs. I'm not sure there is a single member in the Big East that C*USA wouldn't take (back). The same isn't true in the reverse.

That's why, even in its moment of greatest weakness, the MWC was still able to pick off the WAC. It didn't matter that the WAC had better teams. The WAC was saddled with more undesirable teams. So it was easier for the MWC to get accepted offers to the best and most geographically appropriate WAC teams than vice-versa.
    No the WAC had a terribly naive and incompetent commish.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I am amazed Notre Dame hasn't joined the Big 10 by now. If there was ever a perfect fit, that's it.

Of course, ND will only consider the Big 10 if/when their lucrative contract expires and is not renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    No the WAC had a terribly naive and incompetent commish.
    San Diego State wanted no part of San Jose State. The same with NM and NMSU. Boise (and everybody) wanted to escape Idaho. The eastern teams didn't want volleyball games in Hawaii and the western in Louisiana. It was a tough sell for any commish when just taking 3-4 teams from the WAC solved these problems.

The same applies to C*USA. Tulsa wants to be with UH and SMU more than UNT and Rice. ECU would prefer UCF and USF over FIU (other eastern teams could be invited). If LaTech and USM had any reservations, losing those two would probably settle it. Take those four and whomever is left and 2-3 others, you have a conference that's far more desirable than Conference USA to the schools you're trying to convince. No UAB, No Rice, no Tulane, no Charlotte (unless ECU insists), no team way out in El Paso (unless they're one of the 2-3).

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I am amazed Notre Dame hasn't joined the Big 10 by now. If there was ever a perfect fit, that's it.

Of course, ND will only consider the Big 10 if/when their lucrative contract expires and is not renewed.
    I will agree that it is a perfect fit but I think they want to feel like they are a step above those schools. I think that's the whole reason they maintain their football independence just so they can hold it over Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin while they say "Look at our fancy NBC contract".

Like I said, the WAC just had a terribly naive and incompetent commish.

+ Reply to Thread