+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Boise State having second thoughts on Big East move?

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Boise State having second thoughts on Big East move?

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    So where did they ditch their Olympic sports? The WAC?
    Still not clear, but the WAC is where things stand now. But the WAC must add two more schools to stay a Division I conference after 2012-2013.

Idaho, New Mexico State, Denver, Seattle, and Boise State only make 5...must have 7.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Still not clear, but the WAC is where things stand now. But the WAC must add two more schools to stay a Division I conference after 2012-2013.

Idaho, New Mexico State, Denver, Seattle, and Boise State only make 5...must have 7.
    Are you saying that Jeff Hurd has to make a booty call to Cal State Bakersfield and Utah Valley in the next hour and 20 minutes?

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

I was really beginning to wonder if a decision was going to happen tonight or whether the can was going to be kicked down the road.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post

The Sunbelt will most likely take New Mexico State back, so, they're going to need at least 3.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    The Sunbelt will most likely take New Mexico State back, so, they're going to need at least 3.
    Ya think? I'd have thought so, but they seemed to take a pass. I figured NMSU for all sports and Idaho for FBO to get them to 12.
    Last edited by parialex; 07-01-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Misinterpeted something DonW said.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The latest from Brett McMurphy: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...g-east-in-2013

Boise State got rejected by the Big West, and WAC commish Jeff Hurd hasn't heard from Boise State.

If Brett McMurphy doesn't know where Boise State is going to put their non-football sports, that means Boise State doesn't know what they are doing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The latest from Brett McMurphy: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...g-east-in-2013

Boise State got rejected by the Big West, and WAC commish Jeff Hurd hasn't heard from Boise State.

If Brett McMurphy doesn't know where Boise State is going to put their non-football sports, that means Boise State doesn't know what they are doing yet.
    I think the Big West reference refers to their previous attempt (before they went with the WAC). I think that door is still open to them, with the right payout. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's the WAC if it survives or the Big Sky if it doesn't. In the latter case, it may be a scheduling agreement rather than formal conference membership.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Are you saying that Jeff Hurd has to make a booty call to Cal State Bakersfield and Utah Valley in the next hour and 20 minutes?
    At the time you wrote it it was sometime between then and 365 days 1 hour and 20 minutes, but the sooner the better.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I think Boise has zigged when it should have zagged. I don't believe this move is going to garner the glory they so covet. I think it will ruin them and that will be a shame.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I think Boise has zigged when it should have zagged. I don't believe this move is going to garner the glory they so covet. I think it will ruin them and that will be a shame.
    That certainly could happen. The upside is two years of BCS money and the East Coast exposure that might eventually garner an ACC bid. The downside is a travel schedule that could begin to translate into 3-4 losses per year, a degraded BE that is even less relevant than the MWC, orphaned/abandoned Olympic sports programs, and a Mountain West Conference that "moves on" and has no spot available should they wish to return.

Boise has always managed to turn lemons into lemonade so my instinct is that they will do so again. But it's very easy to understand why they waited, literally, until the last hour to decide.
    Last edited by LookingForResults; 07-01-2012 at 02:57 PM.

That certainly could happen. The upside is two years of BCS money and the East Coast exposure that might eventually garner an ACC bid. The downside is a travel schedule that could begin to translate into 3-4 losses per year, a degraded BE that is even less relevant than the MWC, orphaned/abandoned Olympic sports programs, and a Mountain West Conference that "moves on" and has no spot available should they wish to return.

Boise has always managed to turn lemons into lemon-aide so my instinct is that they will do so again. But it's very easy to understand why they waited, literally, until the last hour to decide.
    One year. Boise State will only play one season as a member of an AQ conference.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Boise has always managed to turn lemons into lemon-aide so my instinct is that they will do so again.

Yes, because they get it, have a plan, and then execute the plan very well. Even if the BE does not work out for them, I think they land on their feet after all is said and done.

By the way, at this point, Boise does not know where the non-BE sports are going to wind up.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...-mountain-west

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Yep. This is the beginning of the end for Boise. With the automatic BCS money gone, Big East football will start to decline and look more like the MAC than the ACC in a few years. If basketball was king in the Big East during the BCS era, it is an emperor in this new era. Boise fans and recruits will get tired of beating crappy teams on the other side of the country for a Russell Athletic Bowl birth pretty fast.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    DFM says I got "issues". DFM forgot to tell...everybody has issues. Some just vent more than others.
    I never vent on BB&B. I just scream on here!

+ Reply to Thread