+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 2013 Roster and Conversation

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

2012 2013 Roster and Conversation

2012-13 Roster and Tib bits...
    Brittney Jefferson-5’9” Guard JrTr
    Jasmine Bryant 6'2" Forward JrTR.
    Lulu Perry 5'6" Guard Fr.
    Veanca Hall 6'2" Forward Fr.
    Janay Borum 5'2" Guard JrTr.
    Kelia Shelton 5'8" Guard SoTR
    tCourtney Hayes- 5'6" GuardSo .
    Whitney Frazier- 6'1" Forward So.
    Jelena Vucinic 5'9" Guard Jr.
    Kanedria Andrews 5'9" Guard So.
    Brittany Hardy 5'8" Guard SR.
    Tavasha Anderson 6'3" Center Jr.
    Savanna Langstonn 6'2" Forward So.

Point Guards: Hayes, Perry, Shelton, and Borum
    Shooting Guards: Jefferson, Vucinic, Hardy, and Andrews
    Forwards: Frazier, Langston, Bryant, and Hall
    Center: Anderson
    It's hard to say but thinking we will be Faster, Taller, and Deeper than last year for sure...
    We will have several PG's that could play the 1, 2, or the 3 position.
    We have 4 players at least 6'2" and one of them is taller.
    We have non-conference games against Rutgers, and possibly either Duke or St. Johns, we will be tested early.
    If Anderson matures into a dominant Center and stays out of foul trouble the sky will be the limit for this up-coming season for the Techsters.
    Frazier was awesome as a true Freshman, and is just going to keep producing...
    We have added some incredible guards and shooters to the program to add to the awesome group of guards we had that got limited playing time due to the large Sr. class last year...
    Coach TSpoon has put together a great team of Techsters!
    I don't think we will be challenged in the WAC and the championship is ours for the taking...
    If we don't make a serious run in the NCAA's this year you can rest assured we will in 2013-2014 in the CUSA!
    Thanks for everyone that helped bring about the re-building of our Football, Men's Basketball, and Women's Basketball programs and a big hats off to all the True Blue Tech Fans!
    It's definatly looking UP!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Re: 2012 2013 Roster and Conversation

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    2012-13 Roster and Tib bits...
    Brittney Jefferson-5’9” Guard JrTr
    Jasmine Bryant 6'2" Forward JrTR.
    Lulu Perry 5'6" Guard Fr.
    Veanca Hall 6'2" Forward Fr.
    Janay Borum 5'2" Guard JrTr.
    Kelia Shelton 5'8" Guard SoTR
    tCourtney Hayes- 5'6" GuardSo .
    Whitney Frazier- 6'1" Forward So.
    Jelena Vucinic 5'9" Guard Jr.
    Kanedria Andrews 5'9" Guard So.
    Brittany Hardy 5'8" Guard SR.
    Tavasha Anderson 6'3" Center Jr.
    Savanna Langstonn 6'2" Forward So.

Point Guards: Hayes, Perry, Shelton, and Borum
    Shooting Guards: Jefferson, Vucinic, Hardy, and Andrews
    Forwards: Frazier, Langston, Bryant, and Hall
    Center: Anderson
    It's hard to say but thinking we will be Faster, Taller, and Deeper than last year for sure...
    We will have several PG's that could play the 1, 2, or the 3 position.
    We have 4 players at least 6'2" and one of them is taller.
    We have non-conference games against Rutgers, and possibly either Duke or St. Johns, we will be tested early.
    If Anderson matures into a dominant Center and stays out of foul trouble the sky will be the limit for this up-coming season for the Techsters.
    Frazier was awesome as a true Freshman, and is just going to keep producing...
    We have added some incredible guards and shooters to the program to add to the awesome group of guards we had that got limited playing time due to the large Sr. class last year...
    Coach TSpoon has put together a great team of Techsters!
    I don't think we will be challenged in the WAC and the championship is ours for the taking...
    If we don't make a serious run in the NCAA's this year you can rest assured we will in 2013-2014 in the CUSA!
    Thanks for everyone that helped bring about the re-building of our Football, Men's Basketball, and Women's Basketball programs and a big hats off to all the True Blue Tech Fans!
    It's definatly looking UP!
    The game against Rutgers is part of a classic not a tournament.
    We may play a game that thurs, fri or possibly that following tuesday but we only have one game as part of that classic.
    We have to keep every thing in front of us and work, how successful this next years team will be all depends on how hard they work now in the off season alone when there is no one around them holding them accountable.
    Working hard at practice is easy that is expected but it is what you do when no one is looking that determines how driven you are and how bad you want to be the best you can possibly be.
    The freshmen that are coming in can't wait to get to La Tech to find a work ethic they must be working on getting better now and working on transitioning into the best shape of their lives so that when they get on campus they are ready to listen, watch and learn.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The roster is very exciting! Can't wait to see them in action. I believe there are going to be some battles for starting positions that we didn't expect. This is a much deeper bench than the last few years.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, BlindDog, nice research and analysis. I am definitely more excited about this upcoming season than I was about last years. Seems like we've got athletes, with feistiness. Gonna be fun to watch this team grow, and if we can add that really good big: WATCH OUT C-USA, HERE COME THE TECHSTERS!!

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

My thanks as well Blinddog. If a couple of the big girls can be good in the paint, not great but good, I think the guards will get us into the Tournament. To do well in the tournament, we need one of those girls to be great by then.

That, my friends, is the opinion of a fan who played one season of organized basketball, so take it for what it is worth.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post
    My thanks as well Blinddog. If a couple of the big girls can be good in the paint, not great but good, I think the guards will get us into the Tournament. To do well in the tournament, we need one of those girls to be great by then.

That, my friends, is the opinion of a fan who played one season of organized basketball, so take it for what it is worth.
    ---
    Thanks guys, I can't help it I am really excited about the season next year, it's been a while since we have a team loaded with the players that will be able to take the Techster places for sure!
    Coach White has really got the Men's BBall shaping up and Coach Dykes has the Football team competing!
    LaTech sports are going to be a lot of fun to be part of in the next few years at least!

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post

---
    with 4 Techsters over or at least 6'2", surely one of them will be able to step up and we will have that dominate inside game that we did not have last year for sure!
    Whit... is going to be fine at small forward this year it's just the center/big forward position that could be our achillies heal this year
    I definatly am not worried about our guard play, it's going to be on fire!
    Anderson at 6'3" is the one that I am hopeing really breaks out this year and has an incredible one, she has the potential and Haynes the Jr. college Transffer should either be able to step up or be a nice sub.. for the center/big forward position, and then their is V. Hall but she's just a Fresh...
    and Savanna should be a great sub... for Whit for giving her a breather this up-coming year...
    As long as I can remember it's been a strong inside game that has carried teams deep into the NCAA's and made for a successful season for most Div.I teams!
    I have to admit it's the play of Lulu and Brit... that I am looking forward to seeing in a Techster uniform next year!
    I am Coo-Coo for Lulu!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

---
    with 4 Techsters over or at least 6'2", surely one of them will be able to step up and we will have that dominate inside game that we did not have last year for sure!
    Whit... is going to be fine at small forward this year it's just the center/big forward position that could be our achillies heal this year
    I definatly am not worried about our guard play, it's going to be on fire!
    Anderson at 6'3" is the one that I am hopeing really breaks out this year and has an incredible one, she has the potential and Haynes the Jr. college Transffer should either be able to step up or be a nice sub.. for the center/big forward position, and then their is V. Hall but she's just a Fresh...
    and Savanna should be a great sub... for Whit for giving her a breather this up-coming year...
    As long as I can remember it's been a strong inside game that has carried teams deep into the NCAA's and made for a successful season for most Div.I teams!
    I have to admit it's the play of Lulu and Brit... that I am looking forward to seeing in a Techster uniform next year!
    I am Coo-Coo for Lulu!
    I am just SO ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on Football and, then, BBall!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am just SO ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on Football and, then, BBall!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ---
    I herd in an interview that Bruce V. stated something about a new scor board and vidio screens for the TAC, is that in the process of getting done or maybe by the time we enter the CUSA?
    Either one it will be a nice addition to the TAC and for the BBall programs!

---
    I herd in an interview that Bruce V. stated something about a new scor board and vidio screens for the TAC, is that in the process of getting done or maybe by the time we enter the CUSA?
    Either one it will be a nice addition to the TAC and for the BBall programs!
    They haven't started it yet, but it is coming. Hoping for this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They haven't started it yet, but it is coming. Hoping for this coming season.
    ---
    That would be AWESOME!
    A new look for the TAC and a New Attitude to BOOT!

Anyone herd if Jalena will be playing for the New Zealand team this summer???
    Got high hopes for her!!!

Anyone want to speculate on the starters for the 2012-2013 Season?
    We have some incredible new-comers in the program and a host of ladies that could step up this year for the Techsters!

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Anyone herd if Jalena will be playing for the New Zealand team this summer???
    Got high hopes for her!!!
    Bad news on that front I'm afraid. She was invited to the tryouts but ended up being the last player dropped. This was for an Olympic qualification tournament which is a really big event for the team which meant that the competition was as fierce as she has ever faced. She was the youngest player invited to the tryouts so it wasn't a huge surprise but it was still a shame because we still thought she had a reasonable shot.

She would still end up going if one of the players got injured but we are not holding our breath as the first game of the tournament is less than a week away. Here are the details of it if anyone cares:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_FI...ment_for_Women

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post
    Bad news on that front I'm afraid. She was invited to the tryouts but ended up being the last player dropped. This was for an Olympic qualification tournament which is a really big event for the team which meant that the competition was as fierce as she has ever faced. She was the youngest player invited to the tryouts so it wasn't a huge surprise but it was still a shame because we still thought she had a reasonable shot.
    ---
    She would still end up going if one of the players got injured but we are not holding our breath as the first game of the tournament is less than a week away. Here are the details of it if anyone cares:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_FI...ment_for_Women
    ---
    Sure sorry to hear that Kiwi!
    Jalena should possibly have a good chance of getting a starting position this year and if not, definatly plenty more playing time!
    I always wonder if she might get burnt out with Basketball all year round, but it seems that I have long forgotten here how it feels to be young again!
    Please let her know that will all be looking forward to having her back here this fall!!

+ Reply to Thread