+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ODU To Announce Move To CUSA In Presser Today

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: ODU To Announce Move To CUSA In Presser Today

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Once again you fail to grasp that endowment is an integral element of academics. Graduation commencement just began - I'll be back!
    No I haven't. Endowment hasn't been a part of the discussion. You keep finding the exceptions. It's not a matter of there being a few exceptions, it's that Tech is, in fact, a great university compared to where it "should" and would be.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

I see both sides of the argument. DR got us Tier 1. That is an incredible achievement. Its been frustrating the results with athletics. I think though in the economic climate he has had to put his focus on the academics and preserving the institution. One thing DR did was make sure to keep Tech a family. The people that work at Tech are likely very happy how he has held the place together. Those that run the place are able to keep it a special place because he kept the continuity. Its just an outward observation. I suspect we do not see the benefits as much as students. They get to live in that family we once enjoyed with people confident their jobs were secure because of the work of DR. I'd explain more but I think we all know. We can complain, but we just got accepted into CUSA. I'm not there to scrutinize everything, but things are good at Tech. We have super stars committing in basketball and football. We have the most amazing coaches. Its arguably the best time at Tech. If I was a student trying to decide where to go, I'd pick Tech. They will not know the history, but being on campus they will get to feel what we did. Its a special place and DR has been a huge reason that it is.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

The campus is a dump when once it was a garden (literally). DR has surrounded himself with overpaid yes-men. You people do not have the facts, though it's little wonder; DR insures that he is the sole source of your information.

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

EE is lurking out there guys. Lets keep his real and/or imaginary ammo to a minimum please. There is a nice recruiting section for these good arguments.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TN Dawg 13 View Post
    EE is lurking out there guys. Lets keep his real and/or imaginary ammo to a minimum please. There is a nice recruiting section for these good arguments.
    r u related to TylerTechsas?

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Once again you fail to grasp that endowment is an integral element of academics. Graduation commencement just began - I'll be back!
    double twss

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

The campus is a dump when once it was a garden (literally). DR has surrounded himself with overpaid yes-men. You people do not have the facts, though it's little wonder; DR insures that he is the sole source of your information.
    There's the old LFR!!! Missed you, thought maybe you had started taking Valium with some of the positive posts leading up to and after CUSA announcement... :icon_wink:

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It's SUPER SECRET!!

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

Nope but I do troll around and it is amazing how much stuff on here ends up elsewhere. And usually twisted just enough to make it sound real good.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, that's a big compliment TN Dawg 13 :icon_wink:

Puppy HanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her game HanoverJoe's Avatar

I can personally confirm that LFR is correct about the campus not being as beautiful as it used to be. Back in the fall I was in Ruston for an extended stay on family business, and was able to attend several home football games. I also made several trips to the campus bookstore and was quite disappointed in how the landscape maintenance appears to have been neglected. Hopefully once the campus expansion is completed, the administration will be able to find money for the entire campus landscaping, as we need a fresher face for visitors, more appropriate for a Tier 1 university and CUSA member.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    FWIW, that's a big compliment TN Dawg 13 :icon_wink:
    For me or you?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Nope but I do troll around and it is amazing how much stuff on here ends up elsewhere. And usually twisted just enough to make it sound real good.
    Blah, blah, blah....

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HanoverJoe View Post
    I can personally confirm that LFR is correct about the campus not being as beautiful as it used to be. Back in the fall I was in Ruston for an extended stay on family business, and was able to attend several home football games. I also made several trips to the campus bookstore and was quite disappointed in how the landscape maintenance appears to have been neglected. Hopefully once the campus expansion is completed, the administration will be able to find money for the entire campus landscaping, as we need a fresher face for visitors, more appropriate for a Tier 1 university and CUSA member.
    Good post. I agree. Without question, DR has turned a blind eye to LA Tech's physical plant over the past 2 decades, and it shows. If some people don't believe this, they need to get out and visit some of these other CUSA universities. I wrote a post last year ripping DR --and the maintenance crew-- a new one because of the very poor condition Mitchell Dorm was in during one of my visits back in 2010.

I can't help but laugh at some of these people on here who insist on praising DR as having done a great job academically. To hear them talk, you would think we had just joined the Ivy League instead of CUSA. Fact is, our academics are exactly where they SHOULD be, given the minimal investment DR & company has made over the last 25 years. Anything less academically, and I would sure enough be very disappointed.

Again, IMO, too many LA Tech supporters have their bar set too low. Many think that as long as we are beating the likes of ULM and NSU academically, DR deserves huge accolades. That's absurd. Those schools aren't the competition. The expectations for many of our supporters need to be raised. I would encourage these supporters to get out and visit these CUSA schools. Know who your enemy is. Know who your new competition is.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Blah, blah, blah....
    Ohhhh. I never thought about it that way before. Makes complete sense now.

+ Reply to Thread