+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Guess Winning Doesn't Mean What It Use To.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

I Guess Winning Doesn't Mean What It Use To.

Calvary baseball coach Rodney Traweek announced that he has been dismissed from his position by Athletic Director Johnny Booty and will be replaced by Todd Walker.

Booty informed Traweek of the decision Sunday night saying that the program needed to head in a new direction, according to Traweek.

Traweek won back-to-back state championships in 2007 and 2008 as the Cavaliers' head coach and picked up another state title earlier this month when Calvary defeated Riverside 3-1 in the 2-A championship at Louisiana Tech.

In a phone conversation, Traweek said he did not want to make a comment regarding his situation at this time.

This must have been in the works for a while. Take state one week and welcome to unemployment the next!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: I Guess Winning Doesn't Mean What It Use To.

Wow!

They just want the celebrity-status of Todd Walker. Probably to help recruit more students (paying customers) to the school.

Either that or the "new direction" Booty wants is a losing program....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

More private school/recruiting urban legend...

Heard an interview on the radio saying Traweek had known for several weeks he would not be back. Sounds like he had a personal issue with a high powered parent or administrator. That happens a lot in baseball.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

In related news, Ouachita's baseball coach, Brian Carter, resigned yesterday.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    In related news, Ouachita's baseball coach, Brian Carter, resigned yesterday.
    TALK about a place with some demanding parents!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You ain't joking. They ran off Sims (or he ran away on his own) and now Brian has left. I heard when Sims was there, that the parents were all up in that program. Supposedly the main reason he left.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Demanding is not the word that comes to mind. Douche bags and private schools seem to go together.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Demanding is not the word that comes to mind. Douche bags and private schools seem to go together.
    You've had a bad experience with a private school? Tell us the story.

All private schools aren't messed up. IMO, public schools allow as much or more parental involvement in sports. Baseball is ALWAYS the one that catches the most crap from parents because every daddy out there is an expert on baseball.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

You've had a bad experience with a private school? Tell us the story.

All private schools aren't messed up. IMO, public schools allow as much or more parental involvement in sports. Baseball is ALWAYS the one that catches the most crap from parents because every daddy out there is an expert on baseball.
    I have a different theory.

I think it's because baseball is so slow and boring that the parents have too much time to sit up there in the stands and overthink things.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I have a different theory.

I think it's because baseball is so slow and boring that the parents have too much time to sit up there in the stands and overthink things.
    Figures you'd say that. You are such a hater.

Seriously...nearly every high school player was coached by their dad w/Momma having been in Dad's ear for at least 8 years or so. It's almost impossible for a coach to get the booster funding they need while keeping the parents on a leash and happy.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the decision had nothing to do with winning or losing. There could be much more to the story. You just never know and, believe me, I am not saying that is what it was. I don't know the man or anything about the situation.

+ Reply to Thread