+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big East Meetings

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Big East Meetings

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    they want to blame the WAC because the WAC is going away.
    I'm not totally convinced yet the WAC is dead. I think there's still a chance they could linger on as a basketball conference.

Idaho, NMSU, Boise, Denver, Seattle will still -- as of now -- be full members on July1, 2013.

Bakersfield, Sacramento & Dallas Baptist will each -- as of now -- be baseball members.

The WAC is definitely on life support. But it might still make it. (Or not.)

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Would be a perfect year to get some NCAA units next year just in case the WAC doesn't survive...those units would then transfer to Tech.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I'm not totally convinced yet the WAC is dead. I think there's still a chance they could linger on as a basketball conference.

Idaho, NMSU, Boise, Denver, Seattle will still -- as of now -- be full members on July1, 2013.

Bakersfield, Sacramento & Dallas Baptist will each -- as of now -- be baseball members.

I think Cal State Bakersfield, Utah Valley, and Texas-Pan American will be added to the WAC. Maybe even Chicago State and NJIT if necessary.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

I was thinking the same. Denver and Seattle U's signed on recently for a reason. The WAC is now cleansed of football,so maybe, it could handle the other sports as a conference and carry on. I seem to think, that this situation will sit well for this group of schools. The WAC may just have that new beginning.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I think Cal State Bakersfield, Utah Valley, and Texas-Pan American will be added to the WAC. Maybe even Chicago State and NJIT if necessary.
    I don't even know who those teams are......... Texas Pan AM and Cal State Bakersfield are two that I have at least heard of........ What the H is a NJIT? New Jersey Instistitute of Technology?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't even know who those teams are......... Texas Pan AM and Cal State Bakersfield are two that I have at least heard of........ What the H is a NJIT? New Jersey Instistitute of Technology?
    Yessir.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Sounds strange, that this school in Jersey...could be serious about the WAC? Come on?...I heard of these people not too long ago, and looked them up after I read that....hold on to your chairs...that NJIT belongs to the...Great West Conference. The GWC stretches all the way from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific, and many points in-between. They play football in the Great West also. I guess, that, NJIT would love jumping from FCS to FBS in the WAC if that chance came to them. GEEZUM... These NJIT teams really rack up some air miles.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Yessir.
    OMG! I was literally joking! I made that up......

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

UT-Arlington would have been a full member, but they are headed to the Sun Belt effective July 1st, 2013.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

BUMP. Anyone seen any news on Boise and SDSU actually resigning from MWC??? My understanding is that 7/1/12 is the deadline, and I may have missed the latest info????

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

"The Mountain," which was the TV network of the MWC ceased broadcasting last week (midnight, May 31), so they currently have no TV deal. The Mountain was once seen as being ahead of it's time, and other conferences like the Big 10 have had a lot of success following that model, but the whole setup of the Mountain was bad. It's probably best for the schools that the network is gone.

But, it means that they have no TV deal. That is the key. If the Big East gets a good TV deal and can promise Boise and SDSU enough money, the thought is that they will still go. And, the Big East deal will be done before the MWC deal is done, which gives the Big East an edge. I talked to a good friend last night who is a UNLV grad and he thinks that both teams will still go to the BE, but it's not 100% yet. The deadline for them to reconsider without having to pay any penalties to the Big East is June 30, so we will definitely know by then.

If Boise backs out, then SDSU is definitely out too. But, if the money is right (and most people think it will be) then they will both go to the BE.

The Mountain West presidents met last weekend, but made no real decisions on anything, including the TV deal. I think they are all waiting to see what happens, which also gives the BE an edge.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

I would be pretty astonished if BSU and SDSU back out unless something big happens between now and then (like further expansion by an above conference). The only wildcard is Boise's conference situation, but I believe they will come up with something. There are millions of dollars on the line.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

With the BCS bowl money that Boise will get this season, they'll be able to BUY their way into a Spring sports conference. Mo problem.

+ Reply to Thread